Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

I think the point is we would all see this situation very clearly in black and white if it was KU. You can’t convince me any WSU fan would be saying, “Ah well he has no credibility with anonymous sources” or “Goodman just has an axe to grind with Self, Self should keep his job” or whatever other excuses we’ve heard. Nah, we would all be taking a collective crap on KU.

Which, by the way, I love to do. I hope the FBI sends them into the sun.
    So what....we love to hate KU. What of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      I definitely think some took his coaching and used it as motivation, others not so much (ty Taylor, shaq, etc). I also believe he was not free of guilt or that he did things that are not acceptable in today’s day and age,
      That's so true. He shouldn't offend those weak minded little twits. It just not acceptable in this day and age.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

That's so true. He shouldn't offend those weak minded little twits. It just not acceptable in this day and age.
        What happened to you taking the week off?
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Can anybody find that Twitter post on here from a sports reporter that said he'd been sitting on complaints for years and is glad to see that they made the light of day. I can't find it anywhere, but I know I read it in one of these threads. He might have worked for KWCH?
          NM - Already covered by others.

Last edited by Aargh; November 18, 2020, 09:54 PM.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I am not positive but I think Osurto is a close relative to 1976 and Bob Richey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I'm saying I know the personalities and Shocker careers of the players.

That players who were difficult or a headache to coach (for whatever reasons), are the players that are more than likely the players to receive the Mr Hyde coaching style from Marshall.

I don't recall Kyles being remembered for being one of the most coachable or hardest working players in the Marshall era..
              I always thought Kyles had one of the more interesting and rewarding careers for a Shocker under GM. Ironically, kinda similar to Shaq. He seemed to have some motivational, off the court type issues going on early in his career. And everyone saw the nuclear athleticism he had but there wasn't necessarily a lot of production or reliability. Then his junior and senior years he just really turned it on. Shot the crap out of the ball and made a pretty significant leap.

But to your point, yeah I agree he definitely seemed to have some off-court issues holding him back early on. Almost certainly dealt with the uglier side of GM because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

What happened to you taking the week off?
                Admitted addict.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Goodbye BoatHouse!
                  Should’ve happened yesterday. Not sure what the holdup is.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If a female sportscaster knew what was going on, then the athletic department knew what was going on and never dealt with it. Had they dealt with it, then Marshall resigns without a buyout. If Marshall never "punched" a player, he walks with $15 mill.

Not dealing with the problem probably led to more winning seasons, the ability to raise SASO requirements to buy season tickets, and other benefits to the athletic department. The risk is that sooner or later a player might go to a national sportswriter and start talking. Or there might be a huge number of transfers that would cause a sportswriter to go looking for a story. Then all hell breaks loose.

What is acceptable behavior to Marshall's supporters might not be acceptable to the mother of a 16-year old who's really good at basketball. That lady is the one who decides what's acceptable for a coach, not the coach's supporters.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      If a female sportscaster knew what was going on, then the athletic department knew what was going on and never dealt with it. Had they dealt with it, then Marshall resigns without a buyout. If Marshall never "punched" a player, he walks with $15 mill.

Not dealing with the problem probably led to more winning seasons, the ability to raise SASO requirements to buy season tickets, and other benefits to the athletic department. The risk is that sooner or later a player might go to a national sportswriter and start talking. Or there might be a huge number of transfers that would cause a sportswriter to go looking for a story. Then all hell breaks loose.

What is acceptable behavior to Marshall's supporters might not be acceptable to the mother of a 16-year old who's really good at basketball. That lady is the one who decides what's acceptable for a coach, not the coach's supporters.
                      16 year olds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        If a female sportscaster knew what was going on, then the athletic department knew what was going on and never dealt with it. Had they dealt with it, then Marshall resigns without a buyout. If Marshall never "punched" a player, he walks with $15 mill.

This is all speculation.

Stay woke.

Comment

• It’s hilarious to me that people want to coddle these MEN and treat them like minors. They are adults and can make adult decisions.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

This is all speculation.

Stay woke.
                            To rephrase Steve, ahem:

"I do not like that this is most likely true therefore I choose to deny its likeliness."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Should’ve happened yesterday. Not sure what the holdup is.
                              He looks like a grown up version of this kid:

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                It’s hilarious to me that people want to coddle these MEN and treat them like minors. They are adults and can make adult decisions.
                                Can they go to Afghanistan or Iraq and into battle?

Comment

Working...
                                X