Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I had to do an advanced search on her twitter account and found it at https://twitter.com/ArielleOrsuto/st...85166580629504
    Thank you.

That was a chilling Tweet. If true it aligns with the gut feeling I had during Marshall's first year when he was struggling and I witnessed one of his practices. Some of you old-timers might remember that thread. I was widely panned (of course) for my comments, but what I witnessed was no joke. There aren't many people who could have handled the verbal and physical abuse he was dolling out that day. But when we started winning, I let what I witnessed drift from memory. Winning solves everything right?

Right or wrong though, Gregg Marshall would have died for our program to win. You may not agree with his coaching style, but it produced results and we should respect his legacy as a general from another era who wanted to win more than anything else on earth.

Thank you again Coach you scary mother****er.

Comment

• You have to wonder if other sportscasters, sportswriters, etc, would have similar stories

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I had to do an advanced search on her twitter account and found it at https://twitter.com/ArielleOrsuto/st...85166580629504
        Yikes. Looking at her Twitter I am guessing she has issues with a lot of men...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yikes. Looking at her Twitter I am guessing she has issues with a lot of men...
          Agreed. I would take everything she says/posts with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            Can anybody find that Twitter post on here from a sports reporter that said he'd been sitting on complaints for years and is glad to see that they made the light of day. I can't find it anywhere, but I know I read it in one of these threads. He might have worked for KWCH?
            it was she — Arielle Orsuto. Her Twitter account looks like the amen chorus for *******.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

it was she — Arielle Orsuto. Her Twitter account looks like the amen chorus for *******.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                You have to wonder if other sportscasters, sportswriters, etc, would have similar stories
                Probably quite a few. I ran across this article last week - https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/wic...s-01epv56g6zkh - and the guy said the following: "Five years ago I heard rumors about Marshall abusing players and staff. I didn't have anything concrete, but it was enough to be concerning. Then when I covered the 2017 Maui Invitational, beat writers from several teams were openly discussing his conduct, as if everyone knew and had just accepted that was the way things were done in the program."

It seems like the media has moved on a little from the investigation to complaining about the buyout and how college athletics works. It's amazing how the media can't seem to look into the mirror and realize they're part of the problem too. In the article above, the guy blames the university for not doing anything. Maybe all the media people who are saying they heard stories in the past should start figuring out a way to do their jobs and get individuals to come forward.

It seems like the media is also moving into the whole 'we're going to try to find out more about the investigation that took place because it's something you should know'. I have a feeling they think what I should know probably has more to do with ratings and clickbait articles than anything else. But hey, if they want to spend time trying to get information from an investigation that was confidential and thus make it hard for people to do future confidential investigations because the media will just expose it, then be ready to take some blame for that as well. Finally, media members, please get a clue and know what you're talking about or do like Taylor and interview people who do, like he did with the sports attorneys. Otherwise you just look stupid and hurt your credibility. This morning on the radio Shane Dennis brought up the fact Marshall's contract was a rolling contract, and Jacob Albracht had no clue what a rolling contract was and Shane had to keep telling him to read Taylor's article. Get a clue Jacob.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Funny how all of these media members knew all of this stuff but never said anything until now. Very suspicious. Knowing the narcissistic nature of most of these egomaniacs, it screams attention whoring. Looking to jump on the bandwagon for clicks.

Comment

• Any woman who loves Harry Styles in a dress is not a big fan of testosterone. And HCGM has plenty.

Comment

• Toodles and poodles....

Comment

Funny how all of these media members knew all of this stuff but never said anything until now. Very suspicious. Knowing the narcissistic nature of most of these egomaniacs, it screams attention whoring. Looking to jump on the bandwagon for clicks.
                        Had the reporters done their jobs and brought this to light when it was happening, we may still have our coach today.

Everybody dropped the ball.

Comment

• Media members hold story because they can't get players on record: criticized by fanbase

Media members go ahead with story but players off record: criticized by fanbase

Players go on record: criticized by fanbase

If anyone wants to know why no one said anything 5 years ago, or why this story was so long in the making, they just need to read this thread.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Funny how all of these media members knew all of this stuff but never said anything until now. Very suspicious. Knowing the narcissistic nature of most of these egomaniacs, it screams attention whoring. Looking to jump on the bandwagon for clicks.
                            I get the feeling a lot of folks wouldn’t agree with the media no matter what they did. We got people on here complaining about beat writers and reporters not reporting on it earlier, and on the other hand we have people trashing ******* for reporting on it.

I will say, I don’t like how much ******* was trying to push the story. I mean if he truly was just reporting it in a neutral fashion he would’ve published the story and left it at that. But he kept going at it on Twitter nonstop and that makes people question your motives.

What reporter could’ve published this story and WSU fans would’ve believed it to be fully credible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              Media members hold story because they can't get players on record: criticized by fanbase

If anyone wants to know why no one said anything 5 years ago, or why this story was so long in the making, they just need to read this thread.
                              You forgot one:
                              Media members hold story because they would like to interview GM sometime in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                Media members hold story because they can't get players on record: criticized by fanbase

Personally I think if there's abuse involved, knowing about it 5 years ago and not doing anything and allowing it to continue, in this case 4 years of incoming freshman to be exposed to the abuse as well, that's morally reprehensible and goes beyond just sitting on a story and those people should be held accountable for not doing their job.. But that's just me.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X