Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    Could be one of a few reasons. Two likely scenarios:

A) They didn’t have substantial evidence.

B) The evidence they did have, they weren’t confident would hold up in a lawsuit.
    Read the article on kansas.com by Taylor. He outlines, with an interview, exactly why you don't go to court. And subsequently, why Marshall got paid about 1/2 of what he had coming to him, and about 1/3 of his salary for 7 years.

Comment

• didn’t know about the physical stuff but you can’t tell me that the athletic department didn’t. i’ve heard all the verbal comments except rauno’s.

wonder if 3g’s buyout is hush money, as i’m sure that it includes a confidentiality clause.

had a feeling something like this would happen. while i support 3g 100%, he had too much power in the athletic department.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiloPeterjohn View Post

I may very well agree with this, but I haven't read something this long before and won't start now
        Its a good read! I feel the same pains. Very sad day for many of us

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
          didn’t know about the physical stuff but you can’t tell me that the athletic department didn’t. i’ve heard all the verbal comments except rauno’s.

wonder if 3g’s buyout is hush money, as i’m sure that it includes a confidentiality clause.

had a feeling something like this would happen. while i support 3g 100%, he had too much power in the athletic department.
          Any good coach will.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Oh I absolutely believe that players told him that.

That doesn’t make the allegations, as presented, true.
            I mean...I guess if you believe basically that whole team lied to him (10 players) then I guess that's what you believe. To me that seems like lack of common sense. But whatever. It's an unfortunate situation, and I'm glad we are moving on. I'm sure more will come out over the years, but for me, if I was forced to bet the farm on whether he did it or not, it would be a pretty easy decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

I don't know. I just know it may not be as simple as you claim.
              I could have possibly given the impression that it I believed it was a cut-and-dried situation. I do that a lot on this board because I don't have the time, or frankly, the inclination, to do anything but jot down a quick opinion. I'm on the move man.

So, my opinion, based upon the fact that a major part of this story (but certainly not all) had to do with an allegation from 5 years ago from a player who gave anything but an impression of ill-will at the time of his departure (and an endorsement from said players mom) would have been to give GGG a very public reprimand. After the 2nd exodus of the last several years it was probably called for. If there were no prior concerns (on record) that would seem to have not been too far fetched to do so.

Wasn't Randy S. reprimanded for demeaning behavior? How about C. Diggins gettin' ready to throw some 'bows if the kids didn't start setting hard screens?

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

I mean...I guess if you believe basically that whole team lied to him (10 players) then I guess that's what you believe. To me that seems like lack of common sense. But whatever. It's an unfortunate situation, and I'm glad we are moving on. I'm sure more will come out over the years, but for me, if I was forced to bet the farm on whether he did it or not, it would be a pretty easy decision.
                I don’t believe that 10 players lied either.

I think it’s all how it was perceived.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I could have possibly given the impression that it I believed it was a cut-and-dried situation. I do that a lot on this board because I don't have the time, or frankly, the inclination, to do anything but jot down a quick opinion. I'm on the move man.

So, my opinion, based upon the fact that a major part of this story (but certainly not all) had to do with an allegation from 5 years ago from a player who gave anything but an impression of ill-will at the time of his departure (and an endorsement from said players mom) would have been to give GGG a very public reprimand. After the 2nd exodus of the last several years it was probably called for. If there were no prior concerns (on record) that would seem to have not been too far fetched to do so.

Wasn't Randy S. reprimanded for demeaning behavior? How about C. Diggins gettin' ready to throw some 'bows if the kids didn't start setting hard screens?
                  An often overlooked aspect is would Marshall have accepted any of the theorized "punishments?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Could be one of a few reasons. Two likely scenarios:

A) They didn’t have substantial evidence.

B) The evidence they did have, they weren’t confident would hold up in a lawsuit.
                    I think the most probable is that WSU wants to avoid this playing out in the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      I don't understand why he got paid
                      Cost benefit analysis. Lawyers cost a lot. Max is if they lost it would be what 7 x 3.5 million. They may have had enough evidence to fire him for cause, but the university would have been sued. There would be the bad publicity as this is fought over for years. Then there is "disclosure" which would be embarrassing for both parties.

I think the university made out alright with the 6 year payout. If he ever takes another job, it will get reduced. But I think he is done, because I don't think his ego will let him. It will be interesting to see the separation agreement. Watch the FOIA requests.

So the other questions is when they hire a new president, will he be hiring a new AD, who will then be making the next coaching hire?

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

exactly

Comment

• Found this from Arielle Orsuto, the former channel 12 sportsperson

@ArielleOrsuto
                          I’m glad this is finally getting investigated. I had multiple players over the years telling me these horror stories, but they wouldn’t go on the record for obvious retaliation reasons. I wasn’t able to find a way to tell their stories, but I’m glad they’re being told.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

I think the most probable is that WSU wants to avoid this playing out in the media.
                            Too late

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

An often overlooked aspect is would Marshall have accepted any of the theorized "punishments?"
                              Probably not without appearing belligerent. Doesn't mean that's not the case though.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I don’t believe that 10 players lied either.

I think it’s all how it was perceived.
                                I guess I just don't think like that. I'm more of a Occam's Razor kind of guy. The most likely scenario is probably the truth. Now, maybe it's only 90% likely that it occurred as described, but I'm not going to worry about the million other scenarios that are very unlikely. While there probably isn't court of law level evidence (although there could be), everything we have from possible alibis is strongly on the accusatory side of the argument. Marshall has had zero support from anyone who matters in this situation. If he had one person with him, I'd have a shadow of a doubt in my mind. But there isn't and it's not coming. Time to move on. Enjoy the years we had and bright future that is still out there. Marshall wasn't going to be here longer than a few more years anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X