Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JEE View Post
    If you haven’t figured out by now, Head coach Greg Marshall has been fired and lawyers are in negotiations on the terms of his buyout.
    I might trust this info more if you had spelled his name correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

Greg Marshal coaches Witchita State.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
        I encourage the entire 2015/16 team, players and coaches including Shaq and Marshall, to have a zoom meeting and discuss what they are trying to accomplish. They could meet without Marshall first and then bring him in. If their goal or Shaq’s goal is to simply to get him fired and there is no alternative, then end of story. If the idea is to get Marshall to change some of his behavior than there is something to talk about. He gave Shaq second and third chances before this incident even occurred. Does Marshall deserve the same consideration from Shaq and this team. These team members are men now. It’s time to act like it in direct conversation with the man they have a problem with and for Coach to do the same. To Ron, Fred, Evan, Landry, Rashard, Zach, Shaq, Rauno, Wamukota, Bush, Simon, Grady, Taylor, Hamilton, McDuffie, Heier, Lindstedt, and Brown, time is running short, It’s time to step up. It’s your call. Do any of us want our life’s work to be judged by our worst act?
        If you believe for a minute that Marshall would agree to this, then I have some land in south central Florida I'd like to sell to you for the price of land on the outskirts of Miami. Our life's work will always be judged by our worst act. Exhibit 1: Jeffrey Epstein.

I don't hate Marshall. I love what he did for WSU and Wichita. If the way he did that involved laying hands on players, then I lose a lot of respect. I'm not an "ends justify the means" person. If the only way to get players to achieve their potential is to abuse or humiliate them, then I've got a problem. There are a lot of D1 coaches who can recruit 4* and 5* players and develop lower-ranking players.

Any time a prominent D1 team has over half of their players transfer, including 3 starters, there's going to be national media inquiries about what's going on.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I would love to see Marshall agree to some modifications to his contract and agree to some counseling. That way Marshall could stay and WSU could dodge the PR hit. I suspect that was offered. I further suspect Marshall's reaction to such an offer allowed WSU to make a legal claim to termination with cause under the insubordination clause of Marshall's contract.
          Last edited by Aargh; November 16, 2020, 01:19 AM.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

But hurt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              I would love to see Marshall agree to some modifications to his contract and agree to some counseling. That way Marshall could stay and WSU could dodge the PR hit. I suspect that was offered. I further suspect Marshall's reaction to such an offer allowed WSU to make a legal claim to termination with cause under the insubordination clause of Marshall's contract.
              If Marshall was offered this option, if he was smart (and not letting his stubborn streak override his intelligence) he should take the modifications in a heartbeat and start trying to make the tweaks necessary to make him a truly great coach. I'd like to see him stay.

Comment

• Take out the 7 year roll, reduce buyout to $1-$2 million, current contract expires in 4 years with no additional pay bumps, mandatory counseling, suspended from team practices and games for this year.

Comment

• Aargh, Marshall’s worst act is smacking a 265 pound guy upside the head. Not comparable to Epstein. Had he waited a few seconds maybe Zach or a teammate would have done it for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                    Aargh, Marshall’s worst act is smacking a 265 pound guy upside the head. Not comparable to Epstein. Had he waited a few seconds maybe Zach or a teammate would have done it for him.
                    And allegedly choking an assistant coach, and then we don't know what Austin Reaves told the law firm.

Comment

• Hey guys, remember that one week when we were discussing if Eric Stevenson was better than Ron Baker? Good times

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

And allegedly choking an assistant coach, and then we don't know what Austin Reaves told the law firm.
                        ALLEGEDLY..
                        I head butted one of my friends/coworkers 5 years ago. Am I out of the woods yet?

Comment

• Trying to punch a kid through an open car window is not the act of a rational man.

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

ALLEGEDLY..
                            I head butted one of my friends/coworkers 5 years ago. Am I out of the woods yet?
                            It will depend if you employer want to get rid of you at any point. You might consider talking to your coworkers with soft tones and not head butting them any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Trying to punch a kid through an open car window is not the act of a rational man.
                              Trying???? Are you listening to yourself? You have insight into the 'Intent' of an act you did not witness.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It will depend if you employer want to get rid of you at any point. You might consider talking to your coworkers with soft tones and not head butting them any more.
                                I also ran from the Safety Patrol when I was in 6th grade and was never caught.

Is my edumacation in peril?

Comment

Working...
                                X