Morris Udeze is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post

There is a reason Tyson won’t let him bring up the ball in late game situations in close games.
    Sometimes I wonder if I am watching a different game than you.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I think it's a bit closer than that. AG has him by a little. Porter may end up better by the end of his time here.
      AG has more experience so he can see some stuff developing. When the game slows down for Porter he will be really really good. Somewhere between Clevin Hannah and Fred.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Sometimes I wonder if I am watching a different game than you.
        I think it was Houston Tyson asked for the ball on the inbounds and refused to give the ball to AG until the offense was initiated. It was 2-3 possessions back to back.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Out of curiosity, who do you consider the top big men in the American?
          I would say Dandridge and Cisse with Memphis and maybe Chargois with SMU.

Comment

I like Gilbert, but don't love him. He is a terrible shooter from the perimeter, however he doesn't know it, but he has a nice midrange touch when he uses it. For a veteran player, he commits too many turnovers over committing driving to the basket. He dribble too much. On defense, I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
              I like Gilbert, but don't love him. He is a terrible shooter from the perimeter, however he doesn't know it, but he has a nice midrange touch when he uses it. For a veteran player, he commits too many turnovers over committing driving to the basket. He dribble too much. On defense, I like him.
              I like him for what he provides to this team, which is an experienced PG. Without him, I’’m not sure where we are. He may not necessarily be winning games for us with his shooting, but he is helping to hold this team together, at least for this season.

Comment

AG has 1 of the 2 keys we have been missing for a while. A PG that can break down the first defender which requires the defense to have to adjust. The second key is knowing what to do with it at that point (drive, dish, pull it back out). Fred had both Keys....AG is still looking for the second.

Comment

We must have different definitions of really good. 90% of the time it’s at the very beginning of the possession and he takes a terrible shot because for whatever reason he has a really hard time seeing the court. There is a reason Tyson won’t let him bring up the ball in late game situations in close games.
                  You just described the opposite of what I said. He needs to penetrate more instead of shooting 3 pointers at the beginning of the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You just described the opposite of what I said. He needs to penetrate more instead of shooting 3 pointers at the beginning of the clock.
                    The problem is when he penetrates. He does not make good decisions with the ball in his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I would say Dandridge and Cisse with Memphis and maybe Chargois with SMU.
                      Agreed,
                      Have to add Durr and Yetna @ USF too. They ate MU alive earlier this year.
                      WSU couldn't get a rebound that game, even with a butterfly net.

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Yetna and Chargois are good players but I don’t consider them traditional post players like Mo, Durr, etc because they step out and shoot a lot of threes.

Comment

Ask yourself where this team would be without AG's floor leadership? Does anyone think we are where we are with Trevin and CP2 running the show full time? I say not a chance.

Now, I will say that CP2 probably has more upside in the long term, but I am talking right here, right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Ask yourself where this team would be without AG's floor leadership? Does anyone think we are where we are with Trevin and CP2 running the show full time? I say not a chance.

Now, I will say that CP2 probably has more upside in the long term, but I am talking right here, right now.
                            I don't believe Gilbert's floor leadership is anything overly special. It certainly is better than last year. I will be honest, I expected more from the burger boy. He is an awful shooter on the perimeter...25% I believe. He is a below average free throw shooter...somewhere around 67%. His A-TO ratio is under 2. Without him, we might or might not have less wins, IDK. My guess is Tyson, Porter, little Wade and Ricky would all be handling the ball more. That wouldn't suck. I know we are better with Gilbert, but not to the degree you believe. I have confidence he will get better, but don't expect All-AAC type better.

Comment

I have an official prediction about Porter- he will be almost as good as Fred was, close enough that we will be having “who betta” conversations, a la lebron/jordan and mahomes/brady
                              That's not going to happen.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The problem is when he penetrates. He does not make good decisions with the ball in his hands.
                                Is it AG who isn't making good decisions, or is it the players without the ball who are not moving to undefended spots when the D collapses on AG? I've noticed that AG has been making much better decisions now that Udeze is moving to undefended spots in a position where it's possible for AG to get the ball to him.

It's possible that Gilbert and Udeze are just now figuring out how to interact with each other in ways that make them both better. Opponents will study film and adjust coverage, so AG and MU will have to continue to evolve in how they interact. It takes some familiarity to get all that worked out.

It's a little like Mahomes and Kelce. Mahomes knows every move Kelce is going to make depending on what the defense does. Mahomes can look at the defensive coverage and he knows how Kelce will react and where he's going to go. AG and MU need the same kind of mutual understanding and that takes some time to develop.

Have ya noticed any progress in that part of the game from the beginning of the season?
                                Last edited by Aargh; January 19, 2021, 09:47 PM.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X