Morris Udeze is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He got some easy dunks on passes from AG against Tulsa.
    AG doesn’t like to run the offense. When he does, it looks good. I’m not convinced that he is the best 1 on the team. I think he might be a good leader, but Porter is the PG of the future.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I have noticed he looks more consistent with Porter.
      I have noticed he looks more consistent without TP.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I have noticed he looks more consistent without TP.
        That too
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

AG doesn’t like to run the offense. When he does, it looks good. I’m not convinced that he is the best 1 on the team. I think he might be a good leader, but Porter is the PG of the future.
          He might not be #1 on this team to some, but there's no doubt he's better than the point(s) we had last year. He's not FVV, but who is?

It's a luxury to have Wade on the bench too. The very little that he has been on the court I've not seen him screw up, and in Juco last year he hit 66 3's on 35% shooting. He could start for many D1 teams.
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 19, 2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

He might not be #1 on this team to some, but there's no doubt he's better than the point(s) we had last year. He's not FVV, but who is?

It's a luxury to have Wade on the bench too. The very little that he has been on the court I've not seen him screw up, and in Juco last year he hit 66 3's on 35% shooting. He could start for many D1 teams.
            I have an official prediction about Porter- he will be almost as good as Fred was, close enough that we will be having “who betta” conversations, a la lebron/jordan and mahomes/brady

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

head and shoulders better

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I totally agree. But not a cross court pass to the other team for an uncontested layup. Sometimes our guards need to rotate onto his side so that he can make an easier pass for the open 3. And if he does it enough, he might be surprised that the ball might come back to him from the guard. Go Shocks.
                Just curious, what's a cross court pass from inside the lane. I didn't know that was possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  As good as he was against Tulsa, we need to temper expectations against Memphis. They have skill underneath and are not a good matchup for Udeze.
                  Out of curiosity, who do you consider the top big men in the American?

Durr had 4 points, 11 rebounds against Tulsa.

Durr had 6 points, 10 rebounds against Memphis.

In the first game @Tulsa Mo had 2 points, 1 rebound and fouled out in 10 minutes. We all know what he did in game two.

All of this isn’t to say that I necessarily disagree that Memphis is a bad matchup for Mo. They may be. I just don’t hold a strong conviction either way at this point and the limited stats I looked at don't sway me either.

And of course looking at what Durr did in two games against those teams is completely anecdotal and should be taken with a giant load of salt.

I chose him because he sticks out in my mind as one of the better traditional post players in the league. There may be others who would be a better case study.

Obviously we can’t expect Mo to score 20 per game for many reasons but he doesn’t need to. He’s shown that he can do it on any given night against various opponents so the other team has to game plan for him which should benefit the rest of the team even if Mo has a down game.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Obviously we can’t expect Mo to score 20 per game for many reasons but he doesn’t need to. He’s shown that he can do it on any given night against various opponents so the other team has to game plan for him which should benefit the rest of the team even if Mo has a down game.
                    Yes, the threat of him scoring 20 is more important than him actually scoring 20. Our strength will always be our guards, but if they have worry about trying to double down on Udeze, it opens a whole new set of shots for TE, DD, CP, RC etc

Comment

Porter will be great next year. But AG is really good when he penetrates and dishes. He is th3 best we have at this right now.

Comment

Anyone thinking AG isn't the best PG on this team is insane! It's not even close. I love Porter, but AG is head and shoulders the best PG on the roster. Better at driving and creating / finding scorers, more composed, better leader at this point, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          Anyone thinking AG isn't the best PG on this team is insane! It's not even close. I love Porter, but AG is head and shoulders the best PG on the roster. Better at driving and creating / finding scorers, more composed, better leader at this point, etc.
                          I think it's a bit closer than that. AG has him by a little. Porter may end up better by the end of his time here.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I think it's a bit closer than that. AG has him by a little. Porter may end up better by the end of his time here.
                            Porter has the upside of increased length, athleticism and two more years in the program (if he wants).

I know he battled a calf injury during the summer plus missed a ton of time due to Covid so I don’t think we’ve seen half of what Porter is capable of.

I also think AG has room to improve through the end of the season. Isaac Brown should rest easy at night knowing he has Gilbert, Porter, and Wade running the point. Oh, and Tyson and Dexter are great team leaders as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              Porter will be great next year. But AG is really good when he penetrates and dishes. He is th3 best we have at this right now.
                              We must have different definitions of really good. 90% of the time it’s at the very beginning of the possession and he takes a terrible shot because for whatever reason he has a really hard time seeing the court. There is a reason Tyson won’t let him bring up the ball in late game situations in close games.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                AG does not like to initiate the offense. Porter trusts the system and has better vision.

Comment

Working...
                                X