No announcement yet.

Morris Udeze is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many of us (my self included) have been hard on Mo. I think it's important to recognize his production increase lately.

His Last 4 games

Cincy : 18 pts, 67% fg, 67% FT, 5 boards
    Tulsa: 20 pts, 86% fg, 89% FT, 8 boards
    Memphis: 10 pts 72% fg, no FT, 3 boards
    UCF: 18 pts, 89% fg, 100% FT, 4 boards

While rebounding could be better, his offensive production has been pretty dang good.

Comment

• No question MU has stepped it up on offense, however, he is out of defensive position so often he gives up an
      awful lot of easy baskets on the other end and is seldom in good position to rebound. I would like to see him
      be aggressive on BOTH ends of the court even if it means fouling out every game. He is far from a complete player.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        No question MU has stepped it up on offense, however, he is out of defensive position so often he gives up an
        awful lot of easy baskets on the other end and is seldom in good position to rebound. I would like to see him
        be aggressive on BOTH ends of the court even if it means fouling out every game. He is far from a complete player.
        While I agree that Mo still has plenty of room to improve, I would challenge those who want to knock his defense to go back and watch a replay (they’re available on ESPN app) and make notes, rewind plays, and really try to break down the action.

Yes, Mo has his fair share of moments where he is slightly out of position, especially on pick and rolls. I see more break downs by the guards, particularly Gilbert, and the weak side help which is too late or not there at all.

Gilbert gives up on plays too often on defense. At times Mo has to switch on to the dribbler in a pick and roll, does a nice job of containing him, but Gilbert just stands around watching instead of at least showing token defense on the roll man to dissuade the pass.

I’ve also found that Mo actually does a nice job of boxing out. Again, it’s way more often Gilbert or Wade or Council who gives zero attempt to turn around and put a body on someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Many of us (my self included) have been hard on Mo. I think it's important to recognize his production increase lately.

His Last 4 games

Cincy : 18 pts, 67% fg, 67% FT, 5 boards
          Tulsa: 20 pts, 86% fg, 89% FT, 8 boards
          Memphis: 10 pts 72% fg, no FT, 3 boards
          UCF: 18 pts, 89% fg, 100% FT, 4 boards

While rebounding could be better, his offensive production has been pretty dang good.
          Go***mn right. WSU would be really screwed without him bailing the team out in the post. He's headed for a good senior season! Bet on it!

It was the fashion to bag on him after the game in Memphis, I'm looking at you arggghhhh, but there's another player who was absolutely person non grata in that game who no one even made so much as a peep about: That player played 36 minutes and shot well under 10% for the game. In other departments this player contributed 2 assists and had 1 turnover with 3 boards, yet he had the ball in his hands way more than Udeze did.
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 1, 2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

While I agree that Mo still has plenty of room to improve, I would challenge those who want to knock his defense to go back and watch a replay (they’re available on ESPN app) and make notes, rewind plays, and really try to break down the action.

Yes, Mo has his fair share of moments where he is slightly out of position, especially on pick and rolls. I see more break downs by the guards, particularly Gilbert, and the weak side help which is too late or not there at all.

Gilbert gives up on plays too often on defense. At times Mo has to switch on to the dribbler in a pick and roll, does a nice job of containing him, but Gilbert just stands around watching instead of at least showing token defense on the roll man to dissuade the pass.

I’ve also found that Mo actually does a nice job of boxing out. Again, it’s way more often Gilbert or Wade or Council who gives zero attempt to turn around and put a body on someone.
            I Am Proud Of The Way Udeze Takes At Least 2 Charges A Game. That is good defense. I believe he takes more than Baker or Cotton did. I won't even mention Carl Hall, or anyone on this year's squad.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ShockingButTrue;n1277446]

I Am Proud Of The Way Udeze Takes At Least 2 Charges A Game. That is good defense. I believe he takes more than Baker or Cotton did. I won't even mention Carl Hall, or anyone on this year's squad.[/jake White?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Fred, Ron, and Tekele were three of the best on ball defenders we’ve ever had. Mix them in with the 3 Post players we had on that 2014 team and we were as good as anyone on defense. Cleanthony was the only weak link we had on defense on that team. This years team isn’t nearly as good at on ball defense. If our guards were that good, it’d help Udeze because he has to give help and come off his man. However, Udeze isn’t as good as that 3 headed monster either. They were bigger than MU, more athletic, could block shots, etc. Bottom line is this team isn’t close to being as good as that team on defense.

Comment

• [QUOTE=im4wsu;n1277503]
                  Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I Am Proud Of The Way Udeze Takes At Least 2 Charges A Game. That is good defense. I believe he takes more than Baker or Cotton did. I won't even mention Carl Hall, or anyone on this year's squad.[/jake White?
                  If he would have not been the recipient of the infraction, which he was more often than not unfortunately, I would agree. But yeah, he obviously came to mind.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X