Drake Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake Post Game Comments

Coach had more than a touch of resignation in his voice on the Mike Kennedy post game show.

In fact, Coach Marshall's despondancy reminded me of Coach Turgeon's words of woe, for which he was and continues to be roundly criticized on this very forum.

The conference's best team, based upon record, barely beat a poor team. What does it say about the conference this year?

I would like to say there is no way Drake is good enough to win the conference, but h*ll, I am not sure of anything this season.

I keep telling myself, help is on the way.

Re: Drake Post Game Comments

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
    Coach had more than a touch of resignation in his voice on the Mike Kennedy post game show.

In fact, Coach Marshall's despondancy reminded me of Coach Turgeon's words of woe, for which he was and continues to be roundly criticized on this very forum.
    You just have to keep stirring the Turgeon pot don't you. Turgeon was a whiner and BCS elitist who didn't really believe.

The conference's best team, based upon record, barely beat a poor team. What does it say about the conference this year?
    Conference play is just for seeding in the tournament in STL. The NCAA bid goes through STL this year.

I would like to say there is no way Drake is good enough to win the conference, but h*ll, I am not sure of anything this season.
    Me neither. I keep thinking we can't keep shooting this bad, but we are at that point where you come to the conclusion that this team has no shooters.

I keep telling myself, help is on the way.
    I sure hope so. It's time for this program to take the next step.

Comment

Drake is overrated big time. That was the worst defense we've faced all year and if it wasn' for 15 missed free throws we would have won despite all of our other deficiencies.

Comment

HCGM is a guy who wears his emotions pretty openly and you don't have to guess how he is feeling or what he is thinking.

That said, he comes across to me as a guy who simply hates to lose. Absolutely can not stand it. On the other hand, he also has shown he is not a quitter and I don't think he will give up on this team.

Nor should we, not that any of us really have a choice other than to try and support what we have.

The only thing that would really turn me off is if I thought HCGM or the team was folding their tents and giving up. I don't think that will happen.

Comment

Did anyone else think that Drake got away with a lot of reach in slaps and grabs?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
            Did anyone else think that Drake got away with a lot of reach in slaps and grabs?
            Maybe, but certainly not while we were shooting 9-24 from the line and nothing like we will see when SIU is the opponent.

Comment

I didn't think the officiating was bad at all. My only complaint was around the 2 or 3 minute mark there was about 3 possessions in a row where WSU couldn't catch a break. Judging by Marshall's body language I think he thought the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                no
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If the garbage time points were subtracted, Drake beat us by 3.

As poorly as we shot, we could have won by playing a little smarter.

I imagine the Shockers will not grade out too well on Coach Marshall's non-negotiables.

I am starting to wonder about Gal.

He fumbled away the pass in the corner late in the game, when we had pulled within 3. (I think I am right on the score difference.)

His drive into the paint with a behind the back dribble and attempt to split two defenders was not a thing of beauty. Foul on Gal.

Drake #31 hit two straight unguarded 3s. Later Gal was on him at the 3 line and for some inexplicable reason, he chose to slough off and guess what ole #31 did? It's now three in a row. 31 is one of those guys, who absolutley cannot shoot with a hand anywhere near his face.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC

No.
                    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I imagine the Shockers will not grade out too well on Coach Marshall's non-negotiables.

He fumbled away the pass in the corner late in the game, when we had pulled within 3. (I think I am right on the score difference.)

His drive into the paint with a behind the back dribble and attempt to split two defenders was not a thing of beauty. Foul on Gal.

Drake #31 hit two straight unguarded 3s. Later Gal was on him at the 3 line and for some inexplicable reason, he chose to slough off and guess what ole #31 did? It's now three in a row. 31 is one of those guys, who absolutley cannot shoot with a hand anywhere near his face.
                      I agree, I'm a little frustrated with Gal. Overall he played pretty good defense except for the possession you mentioned.

#31 though is Cox who averages 47.8% from 3pt%. Granted they have played mostly weak non-conf opponents and I expect that will come down some as they head into conference. However, the kid obviously hits them somewhat regularly...how I have no idea because his release is VERY slow.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

The Drake player faked a pass and Gal reacted to the fake. This left the Drake player open for a three.
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan

I agree, I'm a little frustrated with Gal. Overall he played pretty good defense except for the possession you mentioned.

#31 though is Cox who averages 47.8% from 3pt%. Granted they have played mostly weak non-conf opponents and I expect that will come down some as they head into conference. However, the kid obviously hits them somewhat regularly...how I have no idea because his release is VERY slow.
                          Didn't he miss his first 2 and air ball one that was wide open?

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
                            Originally posted by shockerfan

Didn't he miss his first 2 and air ball one that was wide open?
                            According to the box score he was 3-5

Comment

Gal was horrible. The refs were fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X