11:11 - Trivia - Irony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Can't believe we missed this, but at the beginning of the season on the 11th day of the 11th month, Cle and his #11 were prominently featured on the game ticket.
    #boom

Comment

• Today, March 22, (11+11) our beloved Shocks do not play in observance of this sacred 11-11-Trivia Irony Thread. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. However, yesterday, #11 Early, who is never late, scored our 11th point and was the first player on the court to score 11 and 22 and ended up with 23. He made 11 baskets (9-FG and 2-throws) and our Shocks had 11 offensive rebounds. Today, 3/22, our Shocks are preparing for win # 36 against the Preseason Media Darlings. Bobby Knight said we are the best defensive team he has seen this Season. We also play angry, play together, are not satisfied, and give our all on every play which is of essence in a Team Sport. Would it not be grand to hand the Wildcats their 11th loss? In the meanwhile, we are on page 11 on this thread and have over 11,000 views. Can you dig it? Groovy!!!!!!!!!!! This is reply #272--2+7+2=11.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Our Senior connection, Cotton and Carter score 11 points apiece with a huge win versus UNI for the Valley Ship for the 2nd Season in a row. Now That is how you do it here at 21st and Hillside. I think we made 11-3 pointers collectively today? Not sure on that but we love that number 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Our Senior connection, Cotton and Carter score 11 points apiece with a huge win versus UNI for the Valley Ship for the 2nd Season in a row. Now That is how you do it here at 21st and Hillside. I think we made 11-3 pointers collectively today? Not sure on that but we love that number 11.

You are right! Eleven threes. That's eerie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            You are right! Eleven threes. That's eerie.
            We are on page 11 of this thread and the Shocks were ranked 11th today, but not for long. Wessel also scored 11 today along with our 2 Seniors Cotton and Carter. Our total bench points today was 11. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We are on page 11 of this thread and the Shocks were ranked 11th today, but not for long. Wessel also scored 11 today along with our 2 Seniors Cotton and Carter. Our total bench points today was 11. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!
              We had 74 points, 7+4=11

Comment

• Found this on the UNI forum. Seems to fit the theme of this thread.

-The last 5 min of each half killed us today.
                1st half last 5 min = UNI 3 WSU 11
                2nd half last 5 min = UNI 5 WSU 11

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                  Found this on the UNI forum. Seems to fit the theme of this thread.

-The last 5 min of each half killed us today.
                  1st half last 5 min = UNI 3 WSU 11
                  2nd half last 5 min = UNI 5 WSU 11
                  OK. This is off topic, but I cannot let a UNI quote make it appear 30 minutes of that game was a push.

WSU had 4 good to very good runs totaling 21 minutes where we out scored UNI 57-23.
                  UNI had 2 very good runs totaling 7 minutes where they out scored us 3-23.
                  The balance of 18 minutes was 14-14 where the game was a push.

UNI scored almost 40% of their total points in 7 minutes. If I was them, I wouldn't bank on having another 7 minutes or more like that. They shot 10-13 total FGs and 6-8 3s.

I'd be concerned over the whole balance of the game where WSU had 5 more offensive boards, 11 more assists, and 7 fewer turnovers, while UNI had 0 steals.

Comment

• What day is it today? March 22nd. 11+11=22. I heard somebody on the media say it had been 11 years since we played KU?

Comment

• We won 78-65. It is our Defense that feeds our Offense so many times. KU scored 65. 6+5=11. A solid key to our win versus KU was after being down 8 in the 1st half, the 13-2 run from there gave us the 3 point lead at halftime. 13-2=11.

Comment

• WSU = 78
                        KU = 65

78 + 65 = 143

143 / lucky 13 = 11

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          WSU = 78
                          KU = 65

78 + 65 = 143

143 / lucky 13 = 11
                          Reaper, tried to PM you, your inbox is full.

Comment

• According to Paul Suellentrop in today's Wichita Eagle, Cleanthony Early is changing his New York Knick jersey number from 17 to 11. No matter what number he wears, I look for Cle to have an improved Season and would like him to wear the #11 he wore here at WSU.

Comment

• With the beginning of this signing period being on 11/11--could it be this Class being one to always remember in our advancing of Shocker basketball to new and improved heights?

If any of you are fairly new to SN and have some spare time, this thread is very entertaining to read. 11 has been an intriguing SN number.

Comment

With the beginning of this signing period being on 11/11--could it be this Class being one to always remember in our advancing of Shocker basketball to new and improved heights?

If any of you are fairly new to SN and have some spare time, this thread is very entertaining to read. 11 has been an intriguing SN number.
                                11 is a very good number and is going to be amazing for the next few years ;)
                                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X