2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Is this to make more room for the Formula One post race show?
    Looks like it's a NFL thing this time. They released their wildcard schedule for the weekend and the noon game on Sunday between the Ravens and Titans will be simulcast on ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2. So I imagine they moved the Shockers game from 3 to 3:30 in case the NFL game went past 3.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Looks like it's a NFL thing this time. They released their wildcard schedule for the weekend and the noon game on Sunday between the Ravens and Titans will be simulcast on ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2. So I imagine they moved the Shockers game from 3 to 3:30 in case the NFL game went past 3.
      Ah, glad they have it going on 3 channels, in case the apocalypse happens. I mean it’s a wildcard game after all.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The SMU game has been resheduled for Monday, February 15th in Dallas.

IRVING, Texas – The American Athletic Conference announced that the men's basketball game between Wichita State and SMU, originally scheduled for Jan. 17, has been rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 15 in Dallas.

Comment

• There was an open records request that showed up this week - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1288/ - for contracts that included the following:

2. A copy of any contract or written agreement in force (i.e., signed, fully executed) for non-conference Men’s Basketball games listed below plus any additional non-conference games or exhibition games scheduled to be played during the 2020 – 2021 season and future years:
          It has contracts for games that happened and some that didn't. There's also a contract for a tournament in November 2021 called the "MGM Resorts Main Event". It doesn't say who the other teams will be, but does have the following:

The entire Multi-Team “Exempt” Event, governed by NCAA By-Law 17.3.5.1.1, shall consist of sixteen (16) college basketball games featuring eight (8) Division I men’s college basketball teams, four (4) host teams and four (4) travel teams all TBD, as participants. The event shall be tentatively known as the “MGM Resorts Main Event” (the “Event”).

Participant shall play four (4) games during the Event over a fifteen (15) day period. As a host team, two (2) games will be played as home games at Participant’s designated venue (“Home Games”) on two (2) of the following dates: Nov. 12,2021, Nov. 14, 2021 or Nov. 16, 2021. Two (2) games will be played in Las Vegas, Nevada (“Tournament Games”) on Nov. 19, 2021 and Nov. 21, 2021 at T-Mobile Arena versus opponents to be determined.
          Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; February 23, 2021, 01:09 PM. Reason: Edited to fix some spacing.

Comment

• Hell yeah I’ll go watch some basketball in Vegas. Nice find!

Comment

• Found a web site for the MGM Resorts Main Event. It already has WSU listed along with Arizona, Michigan, and UNLV -

(Created a separate thread for the tournament since it'll happen in the 21-22 season.)
              Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; February 23, 2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                It's all over but the shouting folks.

And just to be clear, this has nothing to do with sports, and everything to do with politics. If it was about the kids, the college campuses would be shut down too.
                By all means, go ahead and take a victory lap because we’ll probably end up two games short of 20 in the regular season.

Comment

Working...
                X