WSU vs Creighton GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
    Whomever referenced Carl Hall's effort to X AND Jamar, stop it! Do not ever mention jamar in the same breath, sentence, rooom, whatever, as X.
    It's a pretty short list of players with the kind of motors, effort and nose for the ball as the players mentioned. Just because Jamar doesn't have the offensive skills as X doesn't mean he has no less effort and nose for the ball.

Comment

• I unfortunately was not able to watch but the last 4 minutes of the game due to a family emergency (everything is fine now). I must say though, did we have anyone that could keep antoine young in front of them? He just bullied our guards.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        I want 3G to continue to be our coach, but I chuckle at some posters over time that regularly make statements like "I trust Marshall," whether it's about recruiting or player management, etc...Marshall is great for WSU, but he is no coach"K," or any facsimile of. I like his playing style. I like many of his set plays, but when it comes to managing a close game against a quality opponent, he trips over his zipper more than should be expected. Yes, our Shockers blew out a quality UNLV team last month thank GOD. If that game would have been close "I would not have had late game management TRUST in 3G." Step up your game coach.
        I'm pretty sure we'd all being talking about how great we played if Coach Marshall was able to get all the 5-star recruits that Coach K gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          I'm pretty sure we'd all being talking about how great we played if Coach Marshall was able to get all the 5-star recruits that Coach K gets.
          How about Mark Few Mrs. Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            It's a pretty short list of players with the kind of motors, effort and nose for the ball as the players mentioned. Just because Jamar doesn't have the offensive skills as X doesn't mean he has no less effort and nose for the ball.
            Seriously? Did you ever get a chance to see X play? Can't locate the stats right now, but I wonder how many times in X's senior year he even subbed out of a game. I am not getting into a pissing match, but X's "effort, and nose for the ball" far surpassed jamar's. Jamar was a nice player, nothing wrong with that, but would you put him in the top 50?, top 75?, top 100? all-time shockers? Would you put X in the top 5?

corrected, found the stats, the man averaged more than 35 minutes per game for his final 3 seasons. Yes, I know didfferent times, different coaches, but goodness, who plays that much any more? 35 minutes a game, that is a MAN!

Xavier McDaniel http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...cdaniel-1.html
            Last edited by mattdalt; January 1, 2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• For effort, Jamar was terrific, a real warrior. X was on a whole nother planet, though, not just talent-wise, but also effort-wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                For effort, Jamar was terrific, a real warrior. X was on a whole nother planet, though, not just talent-wise, but also effort-wise.
                Preach!

Comment

Seriously? Did you ever get a chance to see X play? Can't locate the stats right now, but I wonder how many times in X's senior year he even subbed out of a game. I am not getting into a pissing match, but X's "effort, and nose for the ball" far surpassed jamar's. Jamar was a nice player, nothing wrong with that, but would you put him in the top 50?, top 75?, top 100? all-time shockers? Would you put X in the top 5?

corrected, found the stats, the man averaged more than 35 minutes per game for his final 3 seasons. Yes, I know didfferent times, different coaches, but goodness, who plays that much any more? 35 minutes a game, that is a MAN!

Xavier McDaniel http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...cdaniel-1.html
                  Nobody plays that much at WSU, but I'm pretty sure guys like Colt Ryan and Jake Odum do.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• I went to school with X and unlike Jamar, he very rarely popped off to anyone about anything on the court. There was no reason for him to. His game was intimidating enough and he got into plenty of players heads. He played angry (like his scholarship was going to be yanked if he didn't get every rebound) but he played under control in college. It wasn't until he got to the pros that anyone really pushed his buttons. There was a couple of occasions he was crossed in college and it turned out bad for the other guy. That's all I'm going to say about that subject.

Jamar was a very good college player. X was one of those guys that rarely, if ever, comes to a college basketball program.

Jamar had a great motor, but X's was way more efficient in the way it was used.
                    Last edited by shoxlax; January 1, 2012, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Why DU?
                      We had a spectacular run in the NIT but other than the NIT the team seems to choke in big game opportunities. Had the Shocks won the game I speculate they could have been ranked in the top 25. Always a bridesmaid never a bride kinda thing. This being said the season is not lost, the team just has to take care of business and they could still be dancing. Go Shocks!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I am guessing you mean in the post game or locker room show. What was said? And didn't the senior class come up small?
                        Coach sounded understandably dejected and yes, the seniors did disappoint.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• DUShock, the Shox have defeated a top 25 team within the last thirty days... How do you define big games? I think Saturday was a bad performance against a great team, but that is the problem with playing good teams there is a good chance you will lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                            DUShock, the Shox have defeated a top 25 team within the last thirty days... How do you define big games? I think Saturday was a bad performance against a great team, but that is the problem with playing good teams there is a good chance you will lose.
                            I'm not DUShock, but I will tell what a big game is...any team we are tied with or ahead of us in the MVC standings. Or if that doesn't cover it...Creighton or Mizz St. in most years. Or any game in STL.

Comment

DUShock, the Shox have defeated a top 25 team within the last thirty days... How do you define big games? I think Saturday was a bad performance against a great team, but that is the problem with playing good teams there is a good chance you will lose.
                              I'm not DUShock, but I will tell what a big game is...any team we are tied with or ahead of us in the MVC standings. Or if that doesn't cover it...Creighton or Mizz St. in most years. Or any game in STL.

Comment

Boy is that some pretty stale logic. A good chance that we'll lose to any good team we face, even at home? Wow, what does that make us then?

If it's acceptable to just feel like every good team we play we're gonna have a "good chance at losing", then we might as well punch our MVC card for 5th place and pack it in for St. Louis and waste less time and energy.

Good God.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X