No announcement yet.

2020-21 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough to dribble drive in a full "bubble" but maybe they will figure something out

Comment

nm

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Looks like Dex and Mo are in town.

Welcome Home to Wichita Dex and Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Looks like Dex and Mo are in town.

I hope they were all tested.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
            I'd say about 23. IF there are any games to be played at all.
            This right here. My daughter is going to attend K-State and they are already planning on playing "wait and see" for second semester; Thanksgiving and beyond. At this point I see a political use of a COVID surge at election time.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

This right here. My daughter is going to attend K-State and they are already planning on playing "wait and see" for second semester; Thanksgiving and beyond. At this point I see a political use of a COVID surge at election time.
              Yes, there is a very good chance cases will surge in the fall, but this has nothing to do with politics and more to do with the seasonality of the disease.
              https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0601134608.htm

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Yes, there is a very good chance cases will surge in the fall, but this has nothing to do with politics and more to do with the seasonality of the disease.
                https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0601134608.htm
                Lol oh my sweet, sweet summer child...

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                  It's about the tort protection that reportedly is included in the next stimulus bill. That will likely determine if there is a football season this year. I expect that bill to be passed in late July/early August after much political wrangling.
                  So you think these atheletes are expendable for your entertainment? Is that what you're saying or did I misread something? Seems like if you do something reckless, you still won't have a place to hide......
                  https://melbournelegalteam.com/promi...ppel-reliance/

So it's not going to be just about 'blanket amnesty' for a university if they force players to play when infection rates are high. There has to be some sort of a guarantee in exchange (protocols and other protection) when followed may provide a level of amnesty for the university.

Not only that, I would believe a contract could be invalidated if it were against public policy. If, say, local health officials were telling everyone to shelter in place (like they are doing in Texas now) it would seem like forcing athletes to play a basketball game would be against public policy, no?

I'm sure if I'm wrong, there will be a lawyer chime in any time now.

Comment

I don't think athletes should be forced to play, after all, this is America. I never read where anyone else suggested that either.

Comment

Joel Sherman

@Joelsherman1

#Diamondbacks RHP Mike Leake has become the first MLB player to opt out of playing this season.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Joel Sherman

@Joelsherman1

#Diamondbacks RHP Mike Leake has become the first MLB player to opt out of playing this season.
                        That's a win for the D'backs, classic overpaid under performer. One post-season performance and got smoked. Kershaw mini me!

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

So you think these atheletes are expendable for your entertainment? Is that what you're saying or did I misread something? Seems like if you do something reckless, you still won't have a place to hide......
                          https://melbournelegalteam.com/promi...ppel-reliance/

So it's not going to be just about 'blanket amnesty' for a university if they force players to play when infection rates are high. There has to be some sort of a guarantee in exchange (protocols and other protection) when followed may provide a level of amnesty for the university.

Not only that, I would believe a contract could be invalidated if it were against public policy. If, say, local health officials were telling everyone to shelter in place (like they are doing in Texas now) it would seem like forcing athletes to play a basketball game would be against public policy, no?

I'm sure if I'm wrong, there will be a lawyer chime in any time now.
                          I think the athletes are there/here to make money for the man, like most of us. But yes, I enjoy watching them in the process.
                          Check how many lawsuits resulted from 9/11. That tort protection law was passed within days or weeks of the event.

Comment

Losers

Wichita State: The most notable mass exodus this spring came at Wichita State, where six players departed in a fairly short span. A seventh, Morris Udeze, opted to return to the Shockers after initially exploring a transfer. Gregg Marshall saw double-figure scorers Erik Stevenson (Washington) and Jamarius Burton (Texas Tech) leave, while impact reserve Grant Sherfield headed west to Nevada. Noah Fernandes, DeAntoni Gordon and Asbjorn Midtgaard rounded out the departures. On the plus side, Wichita State brought in UConn grad transfer Alterique Gilbert.
                            Lots of players moved destinations this offseason. Here are the programs that fared the best on the college basketball free-agent market and those that saw a slew of unforeseen departures.

Comment

Looks like winners to me...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X