2020-21 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

So what do we know today, less than 150 days from the "Official Start" of the season?

We got world-wide pandemic turbulence, significant economic concerns, civil unrest, political strife, professional/amateur sports uncertainty, and this is all overlaid upon things we normally talk about at this time like: who left (players/coaches); who stayed (players/coaches); who arrived (players); what AAC teams have we been paired with for home/away games & who do we only play once; and who are most of our non-conference games against (still 3 to go).

So what kind of expectations do you see at this point?
    Very Low: 18 wins or less
    6.25%
    Low: 19 to 21 wins
    10.42%
    Medium: 22 to 24 wins
    60.42%
    High: 25 to 27 wins
    14.58%
    Very High: 28 wins or more
    8.33%

The poll is expired.

2 votes so far. One guessed "low" and one guessed "high".

Comment

I went with Low: 19 to 21 wins.

I am normally much more of an optimistic prognosticator, but with all the turmoil surrounding both internally and externally the program, its difficulty for me to do so.

Comment

I am again optimistic. I think we went and got the ingredients, and I am hoping we can turn it into a well oiled machine by conference play.

We have enough great returning pieces, and I am confident since we have a true pg again. Not taking away from anybody that played it since Fred, but none of them were pure pg types like AG is.

Comment

I'd say about 23. IF there are any games to be played at all.

Comment

I see us winning in the post season, so 25 isn’t out of the question.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Is it weird of me that the thought of us playing feels so foreign to me that I can’t even begin to make a prediction?
              78-65

Comment

Needed to have one as “no games played”. I don’t think there will be a season.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  Is it weird of me that the thought of us playing feels so foreign to me that I can’t even begin to make a prediction?
                  Exactly how I feel.

Comment

I don’t think there will be basketball this season. After that, all bets are off.

Comment

WSU will have to have a leader on the court that everyone looks up to in order to have success. Gilbert (10 pts., 4.5 assists)?

Comment

I don't think there will be games. Curious as to how that would affect Trey Wade and Gilbert for the following season.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          I don’t think there will be basketball this season. After that, all bets are off.
                          I don't think there will be any sports where close contact is required UNTIL we get a vaccine.

Look at what's happening with the NBA and Orlando right now. De Santis is a real doofa. Disney thought they had the opportunity to make a whole lot of money and a captive NBA.

Cases in Florida are surging right now. Adam Silver is monitoring the situation very closely and I think they are either going to cancel (or are one big exposure away). Re: Look at the 8 players for the Phillies who tested positive last week.

Don't get me wrong, we need to have the economy open, but it was foolish for him to blame the surge in Covid cases on migrating farm workers and more testing being performed. He should have been on top of this at least two weeks ago.

Comment

What we need to see is what happens in a closed environment where there are positive cases and negative cases, how many negative actually contract the disease. Along those lines, increased testing reveals more cases, but the percentage of those cases that become critical is decreasing critical.png
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Division III Bowdoin College cancels football and rest of sports this fall due to COVID-19 pandemic - CBS Sports

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...d-19-pandemic/"

...The school hopes for the "opportunity for the winter, spring, and possibly fall varsity athletes to participate and compete in some form after January 1...."

Comment

Working...
                              X