Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    I caught CJ Keyser two weeks ago on ESPNU and he had a nasty dunk in the half-court offense. He was averaging 17.8 as of two weeks ago.

Sherfied, Reaves, Keyser and Mitt would make a pretty damn good team. Throw in Rod Brown to help in the front-court and that's a team that could do some damage in the month of March.

I believe HCIB can keep that kind of talent coming in to the program. And Waterman...
    I’d take each of our starting five these guys, but good for each of them for succeeding...

Comment

They are all really good players for where they are. Reaves was the biggest talent that we lost. The other guys were comparable or lower than the guys we have on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        This is stupid ****. You post that like all of those players put it together at EXACTLY the same time. No doubt they had talent. However, they weren’t in the same class, and they matured at different times. We were waiting on them. You bring them up at the time that they would be our Saviours. and project us into the Top 10. You make us LOL.
        Good Lord! Easy on the caffeine Shockernetter! Where did I add they'd be a good starting five for the Shockers (jeez)? I don't why or how you could have misread or misinterpreted what I was getting at, because I wrote it down for God's sake. One-more-time:

"I believe HCIB can keep that kind of talent coming in to the program. And Waterman..." Basically, to spell it out for you, I was reiterating how WSU made the right choice in the hiring of Brown.

I'm starting to believe you're my old friend playangry but just under a different psuedonym, eh? He was an overbearing bore too, and crude.
        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 9, 2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I tend to support most former Shox and wish them the best.

Midtgaard - 100% love his move. He wouldn't have the results he's gotten this year if he was still in the AAC.

Sherfield - His improvement from year 1 to year 2 can't be explained away by "weaker conference". MWC isn't that much worse than AAC. Team chemistry and possibly his failure to grasp Marshall's game plan in one year may have limited his production and enthusiasm (team chemistry issues?)

Burton - Didn't leave for PT issues. He may have wanted to be a PG - or maybe not. In any case, he wasn't and isn't a PG. Playing out of position and competing with a Fr for PT - can't blame him for looking for a different opportunity.

Reaves - Didn't leave for PT issues. Didn't leave for the reason most have assumed that involved Marshall's daughter (per Eldridge). Reaves left because he couldn't tolerate playing for Marshall. Kruger is pretty much an opposite of Marshall in his approach to players. Reaves would never have achieved what he's done if he had stayed at WSU. I'm going to catch **** for this opinion.

Fernandez - Loved his game in the limited minutes he got. Too may TO's, but he was a Fr coming off the deep bench. For a Fr PG, he looked pretty crafty in the minutes he got. I think he was a serious loss. I think Fernandez could do well in the AAC. We've got two PG's lined up to graduate next year. If Gilbert, Porter, and Wade all leave, there isn't a single PG on the roster.

Gordon - Can't find much oinfo on him in JuCo ball. I think he's going to be a stuf.

Stevenson - Having him on the roster is like hanging out with someone who has cancer and hoping it's contagious
          Last edited by Aargh; March 9, 2021, 11:29 PM.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I tend to support most former Shox and wish them the best.

Midtgaard - 100% love his move. He wouldn't have the results he's gotten this year if he was still in the AAC.

Sherfield - His improvement from year 1 to year 2 can't be explained away by "weaker conference". MWC isn't that much worse than AAC. Team chemistry and possibly his failure to grasp Marshall's game plan in one year may have limited his production and enthusiasm (team chemistry issues?)

Burton - Didn't leave for PT issues. He may have wanted to be a PG - or maybe not. In any case, he wasn't and isn't a PG. Playing out of position and competing with a Fr for PT - can't blame him for looking for a different opportunity.

Reaves - Didn't leave for PT issues. Didn't leave for the reason most have assumed that involved Marshall's daughter (per Eldridge). Reaves left because he couldn't tolerate playing for Marshall. Kruger is pretty much an opposite of Marshall in his approach to players. Reaves would never have achieved what he's done if he had stayed at WSU. I'm going to catch **** for this opinion.

Fernandez - Loved his game in the limited minutes he got. Too may TO's, but he was a Fr coming off the deep bench. For a Fr PG, he looked pretty crafty in the minutes he got. I think he was a serious loss. I think Fernandez could do well in the AAC. We've got two PG's lined up to graduate next year. If Gilbert, Porter, and Wade all leave, there isn't a single PG on the roster.

Gordon - Can't find much oinfo on him in JuCo ball. I think he's going to be a stuf.

Stevenson - Having him on the roster is like hanging out with someone who has cancer and hoping it's contagious
            Hoping it's contagious or NOT contagious?

Comment

Good Lord! Easy on the caffeine Shockernetter! Where did I add they'd be a good starting five for the Shockers (jeez)? I don't why or how you could have misread or misinterpreted what I was getting at, because I wrote it down for God's sake. One-more-time:

"I believe HCIB can keep that kind of talent coming in to the program. And Waterman..." Basically, to spell it out for you, I was reiterating how WSU made the right choice in the hiring of Brown.
              IB has to get in his first recruit as head coach before he can lose one. It doesn't help to keep them here if they never get here. He was a decent (not great) recruiter as an Assistant Coach. We should know in a month whether he can close the deal on a border high 3 Star or 4 Star Recruit as a head coach. It won't be ALL on him as the Head Coach Recruiter but he is the one who gets most of the credit and criticism in the long run.

Comment

Lots of praise on here for Reaves. Maybe it’s deserved and maybe not. I haven’t spent time watching OU so I don’t know. There isn’t any doubt that we’ve all seen Reaves in the past, and know he has some skills, especially as a ball handler.

Tonight, Seth Greenberg was analyzing OU’s defense (I’m not sure what his total point was because I was surfing tv channels and just happened to see a minute or two of replay just before the game). When their opponent ran a play, and was successful against OU, Greenberg pointed out Reaves soft defense on the point guard to make a nice entry pass inside which led to a dunk. As I said, I’m not sure if his point was to criticize Reaves (I’d doubt that though), but Reaves soft defense was what I remember when Reaves was a young Shocker.

Alterique sure guards his man closely (gets in his shorts so to speak most of the time). Dexter, does too.

Comment

MWC is objectively worse. That doesn’t take away from some of the improvement GS has had.

AR left, but it may have been for a reason no on here has mentioned. He’s had a nice couple years at OU. Kudos to him.

AM is doing well and that’s great to see, but he’d have been a statue in the AAC. Not what is needed in a more athletic conference.

While JB has moved on to a great place for himself and he’d have played a lot this season, I don’t recall watch one game this season of Tech and thinking “damn, I can’t believe WSU ran him off”. Granted, I didn’t see every game of theirs.

NF plays hard and that’s always one of my biggest attributes I love in a player, but I don’t think he was ever going to be a big time contributor here. Though, based off PG play outside of AG this season, he might have had a good look at more minutes.

ES. His season couldn’t happen to a better guy.
                  The Assman

Comment

As mentioned, CJ Keyser ended up averaging 16.4 and 3.6, so we can't forget about him. UNCC is Div. 1 after all, so no asterisk is needed.

Rod Brown had a decent season with numbers of 7.4 and 4.8 with a 47.9% at New Mexico.

Where did the Gordon kid end up?

Comment

Lots of praise on here for Reaves. Maybe it’s deserved and maybe not. I haven’t spent time watching OU so I don’t know. There isn’t any doubt that we’ve all seen Reaves in the past, and know he has some skills, especially as a ball handler.

Tonight, Seth Greenberg was analyzing OU’s defense (I’m not sure what his total point was because I was surfing tv channels and just happened to see a minute or two of replay just before the game). When their opponent ran a play, and was successful against OU, Greenberg pointed out Reaves soft defense on the point guard to make a nice entry pass inside which led to a dunk. As I said, I’m not sure if his point was to criticize Reaves (I’d doubt that though), but Reaves soft defense was what I remember when Reaves was a young Shocker.

Alterique sure guards his man closely (gets in his shorts so to speak most of the time). Dexter, does too.
                      Aside from his shooting and his ball-handling being pretty good, I also thought he hit the glass pretty hard when he suited up for the Shockers. It seems to have carried over to the b10, because he averaged 5.6 a game this year, along with 4.8 assists.

He deserved 1st team all-conference.
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 11, 2021, 05:08 AM.

Comment

As mentioned, CJ Keyser ended up averaging 16.4 and 3.6, so we can't forget about him. UNCC is Div. 1 after all, so no asterisk is needed.

Rod Brown had a decent season with numbers of 7.4 and 4.8 with a 47.9% at New Mexico.

Where did the Gordon kid end up?
                        DeAntoni Gordon went to JUCO in Mississippi and averaged 13 and 5.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Aside from his shooting and his ball-handling being pretty good, I also thought he hit the glass pretty hard when he suited up for the Shockers. It seems to have carried over to the b10, because he averaged 5.6 a game this year, along with 4.8 assists.

He deserved 1st team all-conference.
                          And while Seth Greenberg may think his defense is soft now, it has undoubtedly improved since he was in Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

DeAntoni Gordon went to JUCO in Mississippi and averaged 13 and 5.
                            WOW. How good could we be if he (Gordon) had stayed along with Reaves, Keyser, Mitt, Fernandez, Stevenson, Brown, and Sherfield (as mentioned above). We'd be in the F4 this year.

Comment

WOW. How good could we be if he (Gordon) had stayed along with Reaves, Keyser, Mitt, Fernandez, Stevenson, Brown, and Sherfield (as mentioned above). We'd be in the F4 this year.
                              Not if we still had the cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Not if we still had the cancer.
                                I think he was joking (I hope?)

Comment

Working...
                                X