Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
    Last game of the season and nobody is playing their starters but Reeves with 31 points 16 reb 10 assists last night.
    https://www.rappler.com/sports/nba/g...april-10-2022/
    Good for him. He was the best player to ever transfer out in my opinion. Hated loosing him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Good for him. He was the best player to ever transfer out in my opinion. Hated loosing him!
      Him leaving definitely left a ‘burr under my saddle’…
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Him leaving definitely left a ‘burr under my saddle’…
        He did what he felt best for him and it's hard to argue that his decision was wrong. Good and humble kid it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          Last game of the season and nobody is playing their starters but Reeves with 31 points 16 reb 10 assists last night.
          https://www.rappler.com/sports/nba/g...april-10-2022/
          A Lakers rookie getting a triple double was last done by Jerry West

Aaron Hogg (2002-2004) Insider notebook: Hogg takes over at Washington; ... - Indianapolis Star by Kyle Neddenriep posted: 06/15/20, 3:44pm est https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ad/3193553001/ (https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/06/15/aaron-hogg-new-coach-washington-pete-hubert-retiring-southport

Comment

Maurice Evans
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I guess I’ll never get the AR hate. Did I miss a quote from him or something? The only rumors I heard were he had a thing for Maggie and 3G was none too pleased. Was it a smart move? Probably not. Do the blame the kid for shooting his shot? No, I don’t. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Maurice Evans
                No, Maurice was good but a hair below Austin I feel. I coached against Mo and DeAngelo in their youth and my son competed with them through high school and Mo during the summer after high school. Being a Texas football only fan, I kept an eye on Mo through his years with the longhorns and felt he never lived to his potential especially defensively. Whereas Austin was strong on both ends. Mo was better around the basket and rebounded better while Austin was a much better shooter and passer ( better team player).
                But I respect your opinion, they are close, but I'd take Austin over Mo in a pickup game.

Comment

No, Maurice was good but a hair below Austin I feel. I coached against Mo and DeAngelo in their youth and my son competed with them through high school and Mo during the summer after high school. Being a Texas football only fan, I kept an eye on Mo through his years with the longhorns and felt he never lived to his potential especially defensively. Whereas Austin was strong on both ends. Mo was better around the basket and rebounded better while Austin was a much better shooter and passer ( better team player).
                  But I respect your opinion, they are close, but I'd take Austin over Mo in a pickup game.
                  Evans played 8 years in the NBA. He shot considerably better than Reaves in college and the NBA from 3. He was a better rebounder and much more athletic. Reaves is a better assist guy. I personally would take Evans and it wouldn't be close in my opinion. Reaves had a hard time guarding guys one on one. Both were good Shocker players and hated to see them leave the team.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Wasn't Mo a player rep in the NBA?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      He is in pretty good shape in that photo. I wonder who pushed him to condition to get in that shape? Eff him. As far as I'm concerned he shouldn't be mentioned in a former Shockers thread. Benedict Morris.
                      Couldn't agree more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                        Wasn't Mo a player rep in the NBA?
                        Yes. He was a VP in the NBA Players Association.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                          I guess I’ll never get the AR hate. Did I miss a quote from him or something? The only rumors I heard were he had a thing for Maggie and 3G was none too pleased. Was it a smart move? Probably not. Do the blame the kid for shooting his shot? No, I don’t. Lol
                          That rumor about him and Maggie was completely false.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

That rumor about him and Maggie was completely false.
                            Good to know. I probably heard/saw that on SN. Even more reason to question why people dislike him. There are a bunch of guys you can "hate" if the criteria is transferring from the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Maybe *******'s money ran out.
                              Mumbles money… l wonder if he ever wrote glowing things about Knight… if do , what a hypocrite

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Good to know. I probably heard/saw that on SN. Even more reason to question why people dislike him. There are a bunch of guys you can "hate" if the criteria is transferring from the program.
                                I dislike him for leaving McDuffie high and dry to play with a team full of freshman, despite likely getting full reins to the offense, which is what he got at OU. That team wasn't terrible and maybe could've made a run at an at-large if Austin was still here. I understand he probably thought playing in the B12 was a better opportunity for him, it obviously worked out and I'm glad he's doing well, but it rubbed me the wrong way. I was pretty happy to see Jaime put him on a poster at IBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X