Clarence Jackson is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I thought about Cle. He had 10 pts 5 boards his first game and 13 pts and 6 boards (I think) his 2nd game, coming off the bench for both games. Very comparable to Jackson’s first 2 games, although you could say Jackson has a little better stats.
    Jackson will get a double-double every night with a few more minutes. Trey should be nervous.

Comment

I also believe Cle was a junior and CJ is a so.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        I also believe Cle was a junior and CJ is a so.
        Even better, CJ is a so*

* Because he doesn't use Eligibility this year so we could theoretically have him for 4 years

Comment

Great interview with Monzy on the Drive. He says all the right things and seems sincere. Obviously he isn’t going to say bad things about his teammates but I liked his comments about Seymour, Jenkins and Bilaut. He said all the pieces are there for this team to be good it’s just a matter of getting them back and gelling on the court as well as they have off the court.

Comment

Amazing background story on C-Jack. The story behind the determination.

RH: Jackson's Energy Earns Him Minutes

https://goshockers.com/news/2020/12/...m-minutes.aspx

Juanita Durham watches her son bounce around the basketball court and thinks of a little boy who couldn't talk. She remembers countless trips to hospitals, a brain starved of oxygen and seizures.

"Everybody can see the athlete," she said. "I see the miracle."

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Just read that ... Very quickly becoming a favorite shocker ever.

Comment

I just read this story too. How can you not root for this kid to succeed. Go shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

What an amazing mom and son!

Comment

I like the kid, I like his motor and mindset. He will help our team but does not appear to me to have the
                    offensive skills to be a dynamic scorer but I probably would have said the same about the X Man early in
                    his soph year and he came on like gang busters.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      I like the kid, I like his motor and mindset. He will help our team but does not appear to me to have the
                      offensive skills to be a dynamic scorer but I probably would have said the same about the X Man early in
                      his soph year and he came on like gang busters.
                      You do realize you're talking about a player who's hitting 60% of his field goal attempts and averaging 11.5 ppg in 19.5 minutes per game?
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You do realize you're talking about a player who's hitting 60% of his field goal attempts and averaging 11.5 ppg in 19.5 minutes per game?
                        Yes, I do. Talk to me in mid January.

Comment

He's the only player on the team that has finished at the rim consistently so far this year.

Comment

If a guy can average 11.5 in 19.5 minutes by making stickbacks and bunnies at a 60% clip, I'm not going to complain about his offense. How someone gets the points is not nearly as important as the number of points that player puts on the scoreboard.

It's not like figure skating. You don't get style points or degree of difficulty points for how acrobatic you were.
                            Last edited by Aargh; December 11, 2020, 10:04 PM.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This was mentioned in the Tyson Etienne thread.

Mother inspires Wichita State basketball’s Clarence Jackson | The Wichita Eagle (kansas.com)

You might need to go InPrivate or whatever your browser requires to get past the Paywall.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                This was mentioned in the Tyson Etienne thread.

Mother inspires Wichita State basketball’s Clarence Jackson | The Wichita Eagle (kansas.com)

You might need to go InPrivate or whatever your browser requires to get past the Paywall.
                                Outstanding article.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X