No announcement yet.

Clarence Jackson is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it when media people at Kake news are put in their place. Clarence Jackson is right. His passion and energy has nothing to do with play angry. It has more to do with being underrated and over looked as a player. I know he led his high-school teams to state championships and was 1st team All-State. Yet he didn't get any major college scholarship offers and went juco instead. He wasn't rated a 5 star player with a selfish spoiled attitude. Thus he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Seems to me we got several new players on our team that were over looked and underrated.

I think some shocker fans need to give these players and coaches a chance. They need to stop making statements about the past and let these kids build their own legacy. Go shocks.

Comment

This is the type of kid that thrived with FHCGM. Juco kids that were slept on (look who came to his defense), undersized and undervalued from any level, and those who could cut out all of the noise from him (and there was plenty) and listen to his wisdom. FHCGM was able to find those kids, who were a blend of solid character and a chip on their shoulder. Porter may be another.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        This is the type of kid that thrived with FHCGM. Juco kids that were slept on (look who came to his defense), undersized and undervalued from any level, and those who could cut out all of the noise from him (and there was plenty) and listen to his wisdom. FHCGM was able to find those kids, who were a blend of solid character and a chip on their shoulder. Porter IS another.
        FIFY

Comment

Dexter could learn something from this kid
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            Dexter could learn something from this kid
            Dexter was put on the top offensive player on Missouri the other day. He did a nice defensive job and played on the perimeter a lot (on a point guard) of the game. CJ played good defense too but not on a point guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Dexter was put on the top offensive player on Missouri the other day. He did a nice defensive job and played on the perimeter a lot (on a point guard) of the game. CJ played good defense too but not on a point guard.
              Clarence stayed in his lane and played hard
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

And when was the last time we had a juco guy come in on his second game, play that hard and not have a single foul called. Never?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

And when was the last time we had a juco guy come in on his second game, play that hard and not have a single foul called. Never?
                  You make a good point. Not sure we've ever had a newcomer make such an immediate impact. Sign of good things.

Comment

My comment wasn’t a negative toward CJ. But your slam on Dexter was unnecessary. When a 6’5 player is asked to play shut down defense on a smallish point guard, it’s gonna take a toll on the other parts of Dexter’s game. Dexter did a nice job of defending. I welcome CJ to become another defensive option.

Comment

Dexter did a helluva job on their point guard. And he played hard. It was nice to see him go up and shoot those back to back threes without hesitation. Also he tied with CJ in leading the team in rebounding. And I certainly liked his quote in the paper about the team. That qoute showed good leadership. I must say sometimes I don't know what game some of you guys are watching. As stated earlier we have SEVERAL players with the right attitude on this team. Give them a chance. Go shocks.

Comment

Coach Brown mentioned multiple times during the coaches show how well Dexter did on Pinson. Pinson came into the game as the SEC leading scorer and only got 5 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

You make a good point. Not sure we've ever had a newcomer make such an immediate impact. Sign of good things.
                          Cleanthony certainly did, and to a lesser extent so did Carl Hall. And that might be one hell of an indication of just how good Jackson is.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Cleanthony certainly did, and to a lesser extent so did Carl Hall. And that might be one hell of an indication of just how good Jackson is.
                            That's some good company ....

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                              I love it when media people at Kake news are put in their place. Clarence Jackson is right. His passion and energy has nothing to do with play angry. It has more to do with being underrated and over looked as a player. I know he led his high-school teams to state championships and was 1st team All-State. Yet he didn't get any major college scholarship offers and went juco instead. He wasn't rated a 5 star player with a selfish spoiled attitude. Thus he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Seems to me we got several new players on our team that were over looked and underrated.

I think some shocker fans need to give these players and coaches a chance. They need to stop making statements about the past and let these kids build their own legacy. Go shocks.
                              Sorry if someone has already said this to you. No need to put "media people at KAKE news in their place" as Chris Lilly doesn't seem to have a problem with "play angry". It was someone's response to his post and video.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I thought about Cle. He had 10 pts 5 boards his first game and 13 pts and 6 boards (I think) his 2nd game, coming off the bench for both games. Very comparable to Jackson’s first 2 games, although you could say Jackson has a little better stats.

Comment

Working...
                                X