• Show
Clear All

• Clarence Jackson is a Shocker

CJ!!!!

Comment

Clarence Jackson Twitter Page.JPG

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/cash9_

Comment

This guy says all the right things and plays like a junk yard dog. As a similar player, I am hoping Trey Wade can teach him a lot this year so that he is ready to take his place the following season.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Great to be a Shocker!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Comment

This tape looks rather promising.

Comment

He seems to like it here.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  This tape looks rather promising.

Part 2

Comment

Tape must be fake.

I didn’t see HCGM choking or punching anyone.
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      Tape must be fake.

I didn’t see HCGM choking or punching anyone.
                      if it did show that, you wouldn't be seeing it

Comment

To get the discussion back to Clarence Jackson and more positive comments, Clarence imo appears to be another under the radar exciting player who fits in very well. We have our moments with highly regarded 4* high school/prep players like Tyson, Fred, etc. who fit our teams personality but we have built our team culture around lower regarded players like Evan, Ron, Tekele, etc. and very good juco talents like Nick Wiggins, and Cleanthony Early.
                        Last edited by Shockm; November 6, 2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          To get the discussion back to Clarence Jackson and more positive comments, Clarence imo appears to be another under the radar exciting player who fits in very well. We have our moments with highly regarded 4* high school/prep players like Tyson, Fred, etc. who fit our teams personality but we have built our team culture around lower regarded players like Evan, Ron, Tekele, etc. and very good juco talents like Nick Wiggins, and Cleanthony Early.
                          At UT (texas) Shaka recruits 4&5* guys who either under perform or leave for the NBA mostly based on potential, not performance. Fairly common with soft coaches who see it more important to get along rather than teach using more demanding methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

At UT (texas) Shaka recruits 4&5* guys who either under perform or leave for the NBA mostly based on potential, not performance. Fairly common with soft coaches who see it more important to get along rather than teach using more demanding methods.
                            shaka abandoned what got him there. He coached guys up at VCU. UT alums don’t wanna see 2 and 3 star guys, they want the top tier guys every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

shaka abandoned what got him there. He coached guys up at VCU. UT alums don’t wanna see 2 and 3 star guys, they want the top tier guys every year.
                              This. I'm friends with a few UT alums, and without exception they are not only like this but also (1) wonder why they don't succeed with more resources than every other school, and (2) hate Wichita State and never miss a chance to take a shot when there's a downtick. Being UT fans, they are silent on the upticks, of course. Aggies are the same way just so I can be equal opportunity here.

Then again I might bring it on myself a little because I openly mocked Rick Barnes to all of them when the Shocker program was rising several years ago at the same time Barnes gave an interview for an article to ESPN and was quoted saying "our goal is not to win a national championship here, it's to get our guys ready for the next level". WTF?!?!!! Like you can't do both? If I was a big money booster, DeLoss Dodds would have been given a choice of Barnes GingTFO or my next big check GingTFO.

These dynamics are directly applicable to the current situation and are exactly why Marshall - in the absence of investigation results that common sense would say otherwise - should be supported and valued for not only coaching up kids with adversity to prepare them for the next level, life, and winning in the process.

As far as Clarence. Holy crap. Is that Marshall quote real?

Marshall isn't exactly the type of guy to hype people that haven't even put on a uniform yet. I still remember him on the coaches show saying "I don't know... Coach Ford says this Van Vleet kid is better than Nic Moore, but I guess we'll see."

And we just got a guy that he appears to be putting in the conversation - again, before even playing a game - with Clemente, Wessel, Fred, Ron, and every other JYD I'm forgetting?

Sign me up. Potential new favorite player.

Welcome to Clarence. Let's get this done.

Comment

Working...
                              X