2020-21 Basketball Happenings Around the AAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Unless these are signs of bigger trouble at UA (which they could be), I wouldn’t worry. No one gives a hoot about UCLA athletics at this point, and that kind of contract is unjustifiable if you are UA.

I would not be shocked if some contracts end up on the chopping block or get cut, but thankfully we do not rely on football for the exposure UA desires from us.
    I think UA is broke.... asking pros to settle out of deals or take equity in place of cash... been a while since I read that info.... UA teams suck in the NcAA tournament (Balls matter). Would love to change back to Nike.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

I think UA is broke.... asking pros to settle out of deals or take equity in place of cash... been a while since I read that info.... UA teams suck in the NcAA tournament (Balls matter). Would love to change back to Nike.
      Apparel agreements with UCLA and Berkeley worth hundreds of millions of dollars terminated

It does look like they are in trouble.

Comment

• something looks very wrong with under armour..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Apparel agreements with UCLA and Berkeley worth hundreds of millions of dollars terminated

It does look like they are in trouble.
          I've got a feeling the majority of retailers are going to be "in trouble".

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I've got a feeling the majority of retailers are going to be "in trouble".
            Maybe,but I have become so close to the FedEx and Amazon drivers, I have given them beverage and asked them in for dinner

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Maybe,but I have become so close to the FedEx and Amazon drivers, I have given them beverage and asked them in for dinner
              Sounds like the premise for a Skinemax movie I've seen before.

Comment

• look to the equity markets for signs of stress... under armour tended to stay with nike with the exception of times of stress. the farther from the center means that the stock was more volatile.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Sounds like the premise for a Skinemax movie I've seen before.
                  Adult entertainment company CamSoda has made a lucrative offer to UCLA following the news that Under Armour is looking to terminate its partnership with the school. In a statement released Monday, CamSoda vice president Daryn Parker said the company is prepared to pay $205 million over 10 years to have its logo appear on all UCLA uniforms. "With our passion for all sports, we would love nothing more than to become affiliated (with) UCLA, one of college sports' blue-blood programs," Parker said. "We will provide financial support along with equipment and apparel for all Bruins sports. In return, the CamSoda logo will appear on all team uniforms. The blue and gold will go smashing with our logo." Adult entertainment webcam company CamSoda is offering UCLA $205 million over 10 years to fill the void left by Under Armour.It won’t be accepted, but that’s a hell of an offer. pic.twitter.com/hofk6uYkBI— Darren Heitner (@DarrenHeitner) June 29, 2020 Under Armour announced Saturday that it wants to break its $15-year, $280-million contract with UCLA early because it has "been paying for marketing benefits that we have not received for an extended time period." UCLA said it intends to "resist" Under Armour's actions.

Read who the next sponsor of UCLA Athletics would LIKE to be....LOL. $205 M for 10 years...

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                    something looks very wrong with under armour..
                    Maybe WSU could start a trend and become a Lululemon school! Ha
                    The Assman

Comment

• Victoria's Secret could make some inroads in womens athletics if they weren't doing so poorly.

Comment

• Comment

• Saw this before but it makes a lot more sense to have it in Texas and they won't have to endure the beautiful winter weather of the NE

Comment

• Comment

• Great pickup for UCF! Numbers weren't great as a freshman at Oregon but huge potential.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X