2020-21 Basketball Happenings Around the AAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Oh this sucks for Hunter and Tulane. Dude had a killer shot.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Yikes! Unfortunately, brings back ‘Baylor’ color memories.

Actually, you don't even need that much of a memory. Last November Kennesaw State lost it's star guard from their women's team when she was charged for murder in the Atlanta area along with 4 other men. Tulane's Teshaun Hightower has been charged for murder and was one of 6 people wanted in a fatal shooting that occurred in Stockbridge, Georgia on the south side of Atlanta.

Teshaun's brother, Jeffrey reportedly pulled the trigger but Teshaun's attorney is claiming self defense.

Here is a statement from Deshaun's attorney:

“Teshaun’s brother actually fired the weapon and fired in self-defense. The victim came out of the house with a gun in his hand and turned his weapon toward Teshaun to shoot him. That’s why the victim was shot himself.”
        Who knows what the real facts in these cases really are but when you see these kind of murders with multiple young men of color involved I have to wonder if there wasn't some kind of gang related activity involved in each of these 2 incididences. Very hard for many of these young men and women to break those gang ties even after they gone off to school. For so many of them that is their family. OTOH had it may not have had anything to do with gang activities. I do know that in many states, including Kansas, the aiding and abetting laws have very long tentacles and you can easily find yourself in heap big trouble if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I really hope that the self-defense angle proves out and Teshaun can resume his basketball career.and hopefully make a good life for himself. However, I suppose the fact that Tulane was quick to drop kick this young man is not a good sign. If if Teshaun is proven to be totally innocent a lot of damage has already been done which might make it very difficult to resume that basketball career.

Comment

• Dismissed from the team

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...murder-georgia

Attorney: His brother did it, and besides, it was self-defense

Eyewitness (dead guy's GF): I saw Teshaun pull out the gun and fire it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/attorney-te...011033648.html
          Last edited by Aargh; April 27, 2020, 11:38 PM.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Actually, you don't even need that much of a memory. Last November Kennesaw State lost it's star guard from their women's team when she was charged for murder in the Atlanta area along with 4 other men. Tulane's Teshaun Hightower has been charged for murder and was one of 6 people wanted in a fatal shooting that occurred in Stockbridge, Georgia on the south side of Atlanta.

Teshaun's brother, Jeffrey reportedly pulled the trigger but Teshaun's attorney is claiming self defense.

Here is a statement from Deshaun's attorney:

Who knows what the real facts in these cases really are but when you see these kind of murders with multiple young men of color involved I have to wonder if there wasn't some kind of gang related activity involved in each of these 2 incididences. Very hard for many of these young men and women to break those gang ties even after they gone off to school. For so many of them that is their family. OTOH had it may not have had anything to do with gang activities. I do know that in many states, including Kansas, the aiding and abetting laws have very long tentacles and you can easily find yourself in heap big trouble if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I really hope that the self-defense angle proves out and Teshaun can resume his basketball career.and hopefully make a good life for himself. However, I suppose the fact that Tulane was quick to drop kick this young man is not a good sign. If if Teshaun is proven to be totally innocent a lot of damage has already been done which might make it very difficult to resume that basketball career.
                The felony murder law applies in every state. It doesn't matter if he pulled the trigger. If he was involved in the commission of a felony in which a death occurred then he is guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

The felony murder law applies in every state. It doesn't matter if he pulled the trigger. If he was involved in the commission of a felony in which a death occurred then he is guilty.
                  Yep. Here are the actual initial charges: Felony murder, aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and battery. He was scheduled to appear in court Sunday morning.

That sure doesn't sound very promising despite what is attorney says. Choices kids, Choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Yep. Here are the actual initial charges: Felony murder, aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and battery. He was scheduled to appear in court Sunday morning.

That sure doesn't sound very promising despite what is attorney says. Choices kids, Choices.
                    I know the first clip isn't for everyone, but it's powerful and thought provoking. I feel for the kids that can't make it out of the projects. I pray Teshaun Hightower gets a second chance.

Big Mike - drug scene

The Blind Side - White Walls
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      Former Wichita State Shocker Rod Brown...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

That sounds more like an administrative problem than an academic problem. Did an advisor tell him the wrong classes to take?

Crappy situation for Rod

Comment

• AAC Basketball: Way-too-early power rankings for 2020-21 season - FanSided Sports

by Ben Andreatta
                          posted: 04/30/20, 5:30am cst

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/04/...020-21-season/

"AAC Basketball had a bit of a down year but there’s a ton of talent returning. Here’s how the teams are starting to set up for next season in the way too early AAC Power Rankings. Talk of AAC Basketball this week has been focused a lot on the early entrants to the NBA draft and there are quite a few guys from the conference who are testing the waters. Coaches and fans are now playing the waiting game as they await the decisions of guys on whether they are staying in the draft or returning to school.

Unfortunately, there was no AAC Tournament last season so the bragging rights go to the three teams that tied for the AAC Regular Season Champion, Cincinnati, Houston and Tulsa. Cincinnati got the number one seed in that canceled tournament, Houston and Tulsa were the two and three seeds. Tulsa was a surprise for a lot of people especially after they entered conference play at just 8-5.

It’s difficult to do way too early rankings when you are not entirely sure who’s coming back and who’s not so I gave my best guess and put a (?) next to guys whose status we’re still unsure of. Remember that there’s a lot of things that can change over the summer and that these rankings might look a lot different as we get closer to the start of the season. I take a look at how the rosters are looking right now, the key losses teams are facing, the key guys that are coming back, a potential newcomer that could make an immediate impact as well as a breakout candidate. Here’s the way too early power rankings spring edition for the AAC.

11. Tulane
                          10. Temple
                          9. East Carolina
                          8. Central Florida
                          7. Tulsa
                          6. South Florida
                          5. Wichita State
                          Key Losses: Erik Stevenson, Jaime Echenique, Jamarius Burton, Grant Sherfield
                          Key Returners: Tyson Etienne, Dexter Dennis (?), Morris Udeze
                          Potential Impact Newcomer: Alterique Gilbert
                          Breakout Candidate: Trey Wade

This has certainly not been the off-season Wichita State fans were hoping for and there’s been quite a bit of cause for concern. Five scholarship players have jumped ship this spring and entered the transfer portal including the teams leading scorer Erik Stevenson. Greg Marshall has had his work cut out for him in finding replacements, he managed to get a commitment from UConn graduate transfer Alterique Gilbert. Gilbert is very familiar with playing in the AAC and has a lot of experience with the ball in his hands.

Look out for the JUCO transfer point guards Craig Porter and Trevin Wade to play a role, there’s plenty of minutes and a lot of uncertainty at some of the guard spots. Trevin Wade was a Second Team All American with Georgia Highlands and Craig Porter averaged 8 points 6 rebounds and 4 assists last season at Vincennes. Even with all of the departures, it’s hard to see Wichita State dropping off, they always seem to have things together and be competitive. It will be interesting to see how they do next year as all eyes are on Greg Marshall to see if this barrage of departures this off-season was a one-time thing.

4. SMU
                          3. Cincinnati
                          2. Memphis
                          1. Houston..."

Comment

• 4th, at worst
                            The Assman

Comment

• Even without knowing what smu has coming in/back I will always pick the shocks over the ponies.

Comment

• 2021 T-Rank Projections (way to early model)

#10 Houston
                                #50 Wichita State
                                #59 Cincinnati
                                #63 SMU
                                #76 South Florida
                                #78 Memphis
                                #88 UCF
                                #126 Tulsa
                                #132 East Carolina
                                #161 Temple
                                $308 Tulane

Comment