2020-21 Basketball Happenings Around the AAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Texans as a whole only discovered the sport in the last decade or so. And they still don't give a damn about it. Again, look how it worked out for the Big 12. We will have a homecourt advantage at any tournaments played there, but that isn't necessarily what is good for the conference.
    I've lived in Texas about as much as I have the Wichita area. Your right about Texas caring about basketball. I would say the interest in basketball here in Austin is about the same as wichitas interest in football. UT fans only go to games to see the 5 star player of the year. Durant, ford, etc. But their games suck, atmosphere sucks as well. Fans couldn't care less about a loss, because they can lose a dozen games and still get in the tourney.
    Football is definitely king here and I am a longhorn (football only) fan. Games are fun to go to and UT has the money and national fan base to do about anything they want. Of course they use that just as anyone else would. I would contend that the only reason the big 12 still exists as a power 5 is because Texas is still in it. Take them out and the aac becomes a power 5.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Still not sure why the physical headquarters being in Texas has any bearing on the quality of the management. Maybe I’m just confused.

Especially when they specifically say they are moving their employees with them.

No state income tax probably has something to do with it as well.
        the NCAA and AAC are both tax exempt but no state tax would be beneficial to the employees and their personal taxes.

Comment

• My only problem with the move is that they picked Dallas, what a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            My only problem with the move is that they picked Dallas, what a shame.
            Yeah, they should have put it in El Paso
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Yeah, they should have put it in El Paso
              Lufkin
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Luckenbach

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

<snippety snip...

I would contend that the only reason the big 12 still exists as a power 5 is because Texas is still in it. Take them out and the aac becomes a power 5.

Comment

• Lubbock

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Luckenbach
                      Great choice...

Comment

• Oklahoma is a pretty nice asset for the Big 12. After that.....
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          Oklahoma is a pretty nice asset for the Big 12. After that.....
                          0bc3e5cc2f8ae8ddf88a88b21fba32b8cc62909dfdf808c8bc835034c05fb61d_1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Great choice...

One of the lines from this fantastic song reminds me of Shockernet sometimes:

This successful life we're livin' got us feuding like that Hatfields and McCoys...

Comment

• Four big positives about Okla-homa…

One big negative...

Comment

• Someone did tell me Oklahoma was two words. I believe now

Comment

Working...
                                X