No announcement yet.

Dexter Dennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as Dexter is concerned, I am not expecting him back. His social media post sounded way too much like a fairwell.

I really, really, reeeeeeeally hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• I have enjoyed watching him these past two years. I hope he is back.

If he doesn't want to be back, then he doesn't want toy be back. It is what it is.

I just hope he makes his mind up soon. If he wants to move on, give WSU time to find his replacement.
      The Assman

Comment

• Dexter told Marshall he wasn’t transferring. He seems like a high character kid. I’m not worried, although it would appear as if Marshall is still shaving.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          As far as Dexter is concerned, I am not expecting him back. His social media post sounded way too much like a fairwell.

Well if the rumor is true that the new transfer rule, if passed, will not apply until after the 2020-21 season then that improves his chances of returning IMHO. IF that rumor turns out to be true.

I don't think he wants to sit out a year. Of course, that doesn't preclude him from pursuing an NBA free agent deal or perhaps playing overseas.

I hope you're wrong as well but can't say you concern is unreasonable.

Comment

As far as Dexter is concerned, I am not expecting him back. His social media post sounded way too much like a fairwell.

I have kind of thought that for awhile. Maybe he was waiting to see if he would get to play right away if he transferred right away. Now they are saying, if it passes, the vote for immediate transfer eligibility in June will not be for the upcoming season and would take effect in 2021-2022.

It would be insane to go through the draft process in order to build up some recognition and awareness of yourself to then disappear into nothingness for a year while you sit in street clothes at the end of a new team's bench.

Comment

• I would lose some respect for a player who has, by many accounts, told his coach that he plans to return only to turn around and transfer.

But I don’t know what’s specifically been said between them. If he was up front with Marshall and told him he’s not sure if he’ll be back, NBA or not, then it’s all good.

Comment

• look at the wording here. And this kid can’t go into the NBA yet.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

It's hard to disagree. The fact that him and stevenson are so tight is kind of a flag.

Comment

• I just hope Dex doesn't get sucked into the black hole of the D League. That'd be a tragedy for him to give up college to get sucked into the permanent grind of the League that leads to nothing.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I agree.

The G-League is where careers go to die*

* = Yes, I know Fred mad it out. He is the exception; not the rule.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        I agree.

The G-League is where careers go to die*

* = Yes, I know Fred mad it out. He is the exception; not the rule.
                        You gotta have a G-League buddy. Freddy had Pascal.

Comment

I have no more information than you do, but he will be back. Right now, his mind isn't on college. It is on the NBA and preparing for the time in front of scouts. Depending on the feedback model the NBA follows, he will hear from others that he needs more time. Right now, everything is in flux and he will find his way back.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

You gotta have a G-League buddy. Freddy had Pascal.
                            And Terence Davis

Comment

• Plus, from what I have heard, Dex is a serious student, and is focused on his education. He might want to finish that degree before he leaves. If he was just going through the motions, he wouldn’t have been a 4.0 last semester. A kid that smart could probably stay eligible with much less effort.

Comment

• nm
                                Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 6, 2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X