2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I wish him the best, He's just likely the 3rd PG at best on that roster. He will likely find a good role on that roster, it just will likely be the same role he would have filled at WSU, just starting over.
    Doesn't sound like a situation that is going to bode well for being developed in to a professional as he mentioned in his commitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

With the transfer rules likely coming in 21-22, it could all change at TT in a matter of seconds.
      Just a guess, but the rules will probably have the same impact on both McClung and JB as both are juniors and I don't see either going pro after 1 year. Also, Beard will not pass up on a high 4 or a 5 star PG next year or the following one if the case arises. JB will play, probably just not as much as he would have here.

Comment

• Yes. I predict he won’t play more than 25 minutes which he would have here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Doesn't sound like a situation that is going to bode well for being developed in to a professional as he mentioned in his commitment.
          Yup. Perhaps he should have considered both Fred and Landry (along with playing time) a little more if he was looking for that pro career. No hard feelings, as I believe we landed on our feet quite well, maybe even better. I truly hope he has found what he was looking for and Godspeed.

Comment

• If JB wants to play at the highest level, the competition is just going to get tougher. Guys leave and think they’re gonna have it easier somewhere else. 3G writing up some case studies this year for future recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              If JB wants to play at the highest level, the competition is just going to get tougher. Guys leave and think they’re gonna have it easier somewhere else. 3G writing up some case studies this year for future recruits.
              I'm not sure that JB left because he wanted it to be easier somewhere else. I'd like to think JB left because he felt he and 3G just mixed badly.

Now a few things about that.

1) I don't think Beard is much different that 3G in his "coaching of players", so a surprise may be in store.
              2) I think JB has already seen that Beard will recruit over any player if he feels it will help the team. He's currently coaching at the highest level of competition and has to.
              3) He will expect players to be team players and play when and where he needs them most.
              4) At this time, 3G may not currently have a team at the same level as Beard, but he's also going to play players where they help the team most.
              5) If 3G thought the team would have done better with JB at the PG for 25-28 minutes, he would have done so. Personally, I agreed with 3G on his player rotation. JB started at PG with freshman ETN at the 2 (this helps ETN and the team). When DD came out of the game, he needed JB at the 3, ES to the 2 (this all helped GS at the 1 and the team). When DD was absent, the best combo became GS at the 1, ETN (or ES) at the 2, and JB at the 3 to help the team. This is what you do as a player. You help the team before helping yourself. This will pay dividends now and later.

Comment

• Here are the annual statistics for several years on Transfers:
                Year Transfers # of Teams Average
                2012 577 344 1.68
                2013 672 347 1.94
                2014 752 349 2.15
                2015 826 351 2.35
                2016 794 351 2.26
                2017 894 351 2.55
                2018 873 351 2.49
                2019 997 353 2.82
                2020* 1000 352 2.84
                *Updated thru 07/10/20

Not sure how many more transfers will get the rest of the calendar year.

Comment

Working...
                X