No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaq was one of my favorite players to watch. He seemed like a fun kid too.

That said... I very much doubt he would be playing professional basketball right now if it weren't for his time at WSU. That includes the coaches that he seems to be throwing under the bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
      To heck with Shaq and his Benedict Arnold alter ego. 10 years from now, he'll probably be close to 4 bills and selling shoes at Champs.
      You poor child.

Both of you actually

Comment

• Film sessions aren’t supposed to be feel good happy hour. It’s where you learn what you did wrong and how to correct it.

Celebrating and fun is for after wins and time away from the court. During practice and film you are preparing war. During games your are battling.

The general’s job isn’t to be your best buddy, but to do what it takes to lead you to victory.
        The Assman

Comment

• NM
          The Assman

Comment

• Comment

• I’ve heard 3G does a lot more film session than many coaches. Maybe that’s why his teams typically win more games than expected.

As for AM, he’s been through a lot the last 3 years, stuck it out with a smile on his face when he could’ve left. He deserves to finish out his career here and I hope he can make an impact before it’s all said and done.

Comment

• I wonder how many of these players go to their next program a d realize that the new coach is a hard ass too.... "You mean all college coaches are like this?"

I know, I know, some aren't. Those are usually the ones that wallow in the half empty P5 domes and limp into the tourneys with their .500 records.

Then every 3 or 4 years their boosters wine and dine GM to come take their program from mediocrity to a title.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I’ve heard 3G does a lot more film session than many coaches. Maybe that’s why his teams typically win more games than expected.

As for AM, he’s been through a lot the last 3 years, stuck it out with a smile on his face when he could’ve left. He deserves to finish out his career here and I hope he can make an impact before it’s all said and done.
                  AM is loyal. But it also shows Gregg Marshall is a salesman. He hyped Miitgard as a Danish Beast when he arrived. But I guess everyone has potential... Just depends if you ever reach or surpass it.

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
                    A former player once told us (coworkers and i) "coach makes you feel like less than a man" in film sessions. Another player with him agreed that what had happened in the prior film session was wrong. Both of those guys stuck it out. HCGM is the best coach we've ever had IMO, but he is verbally abusive. Supposedly he was easier on this group than ever, but obviously something went on. With the new transfer rules maybe guys are quicker to say "forget it, it'll be better somewhere else." Especially higher rated guys.
                    Not sure what years those players were on the team. I have been in a few film sessions over the years as well as some practices. I have not sat through an after the game next day film session. I can tell you that when we traveled to Davidson in 2012 the film and practice was run by Chris Jans. This team had Stutz, Hall. Ragland, Murry,and others on it. Coach Marshall was also a part of practice and film but Jans was the yeller and screamer. He was really tough on those guys, really tough. We won the game by 17 and I saw no ill will with any of the players. I have also sat through more recent practices like last year at Navy when we played Providence. The coaches were way more mellow than I remember them from years past. They probably still have their moments but in my eyes they are not abusive. I think my kids might struggle with the coaching style but they are not D1 athletes getting full ride scholarships either. Some kids would rather play for Lon Kruger who is easy going and others will thrive under Marshall's intensity. It's up to the coaches and players to make the right decision.
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      Film sessions aren’t supposed to be feel good happy hour. It’s where you learn what you did wrong and how to correct it.

Celebrating and fun is for after wins and time away from the court. During practice and film you are preparing war. During games your are battling.

The general’s job isn’t to be your best buddy, but to do what it takes to lead you to victory.
                      I understand that, but apparently rewinding multiple times and finding new ways to demean the player at every stoppage made everyone in the room cringe. The player involved was a stud btw. We don't sniff the F4 without him.
                      I only mentioned it because I think that's what these guys are talking about.
                      It may not sound like it but I'm a huge HCGM supporter. He's so demanding/competitive I think he can't take the mistakes sometimes. But that attitude is what has made us successful. Wish there was a better way, but I have no idea what he goes through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Not sure what years those players were on the team. I have been in a few film sessions over the years as well as some practices. I have not sat through an after the game next day film session. I can tell you that when we traveled to Davidson in 2012 the film and practice was run by Chris Jans. This team had Stutz, Hall. Ragland, Murry,and others on it. Coach Marshall was also a part of practice and film but Jans was the yeller and screamer. He was really tough on those guys, really tough. We won the game by 17 and I saw no ill will with any of the players. I have also sat through more recent practices like last year at Navy when we played Providence. The coaches were way more mellow than I remember them from years past. They probably still have their moments but in my eyes they are not abusive. I think my kids might struggle with the coaching style but they are not D1 athletes getting full ride scholarships either. Some kids would rather play for Lon Kruger who is easy going and others will thrive under Marshall's intensity. It's up to the coaches and players to make the right decision.
                        Reaves... The one that got away

Comment

• WE TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            Film sessions aren’t supposed to be feel good happy hour. It’s where you learn what you did wrong and how to correct it.

I liked this post bc it's the only option to show approval. In reality I f*****g ❤ it!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Shaq was one of my favorite players to watch. He seemed like a fun kid too.

That said... I very much doubt he would be playing professional basketball right now if it weren't for his time at WSU. That includes the coaches that he seems to be throwing under the bus.
                              100% - Took the words right outta my mouth. I very much enjoyed Shaq! He was one of my all-time favorites!!!! In fact...I even thought he was one of the best 5's Wichita St. has ever had in my 35-40 years following the program. Very disheartening to see his post. He's making money playing BALL for God's sake. I'm as open-minded as the next guy but no way he gets there without Marshall coaching him up.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post

AM is loyal. But it also shows Gregg Marshall is a salesman. He hyped Miitgard as a Danish Beast when he arrived. But I guess everyone has potential... Just depends if you ever reach or surpass it.
                                Did he hype is basketball skills or the fact that he’s a giant human being? I remember it being the latter and on that point he was no exaggerating.

Comment

Working...
                                X