No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With everything going on, I can't say I would blame these guys who are far from home for wanting to get closer to home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This isn't a left handed compliment at all. I think that Cous is very supportive of Gregg.

What is a possibility to happen as coaches get accustomed to this, the coaches who are at the Duke's of the world, will end up with who they want, and other coaches will be "picky" on how many transfers they want in their program, and who they will accept. Coaches who adapt will possibly get better at thinking about spacing out their classes, and who they recruit. Having 10 Freshmen, and Sophomores are a recipe for disaster. It's not Gregg's personality that has to change too much but the numbers of kids he recruits in each class (which includes "luck" in most cases if you aren't a blue blood). Fred was a type of leader who even helped mold Shaq (for Shaq it took teammates like Fred, Shaq's mother, and a coach like GM) into a basketball player.
      I agree that PJ is supportive of Coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        We all like Jamarius but heโ€™s hard to put in a box and know what youโ€™re getting. If a team is looking for a prototypical PG or shooting guard, JB is probably not the guy. Heโ€™s a basketball player that can do a little of everything but doesnโ€™t necessarily stand out in any aspect. He could grow into being a Jarron Cumberland type player though, which Iโ€™m sure a lot of teams would like to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
          Looks Like Noah Fernandes is headed to UMASS according to 24/7 sports.
          Makes sense .. Closer to home and slightly lower end program.

Comment

• I'm looking into the Nevada Wolfpack and how they build a Top 10 team built, mostly, with transfers.

Bottom Line: A large amounts of Transfers on your team isn't the end of the world.
            The Assman

Comment

• USF made MAJOR improvements when they had a lot of defections and went the transfer route.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Looks Like Noah Fernandes is headed to UMASS according to 24/7 sports.
                UMass is a bottom 100 D-1 school. He should be able to get lots of minutes there.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  He could grow into being a Jarron Cumberland type player though, which Iโ€™m sure a lot of teams would like to have.
                  Ironically including, in many ways, us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Most players don't do it because they think it looks silly or makes them a wuss.

Just ask Wilt or Shaq.
                    What make you looks silly is shooting 15% using that method. If a lot of players could duplicate Rick Barry's success you would see it especially with the money involved in today's game. Most players like being unique. The just don't like looking bad while being unique. A similar corollary IMO is Kareem's skyhook although I don't think most players thinks it looks silly especially if you shoot it well. But you don't see very many players trying to utilize that weapon anymore. It's obviously tougher to master than it looks. Of course, many of today's players who play around the basket are more concerned about throwing it down in the paint instead of floating it in from 12 feet on in. The skyhook was somewhat of a midrange shot. Kids are either working on their slashes to the basket or their 3 point shooting.

Here is an article that discusses the skyhook and why you don't see it anymore: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-th...195220557.html

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

What make you looks silly is shooting 15% using that method. If a lot of players could duplicate Rick Barry's success you would see it especially with the money involved in today's game. Most players like being unique. The just don't like looking bad while being unique.
                      Shaquille Oโ€™Neal, one of the worst free throw shooters ever, told Rick Barry he would never shoot his free throws the way Berry did.

โ€œSorry, canโ€™t do it, Rick,โ€ he says he told Barry, โ€œIโ€™d rather shoot zero percent, too cool for that.โ€

Chamberlain echoed this sentiment in his autobiography, saying โ€œI felt silly, like a sissy, shooting underhanded. I know I was wrong, I know some of the best foul shooters in history shot that way. I just couldnโ€™t do it.โ€

Barry himself said in a 2012 SB Nation profile that the reason that players donโ€™t shoot like he did is because โ€œItโ€™s all about the egoโ€ฆ They donโ€™t think itโ€™s macho enough for them, and thatโ€™s fine.โ€
                      The Assman

Comment

• Jon Rothstein

@JonRothstein
                        ยท
                        8m
                        Another MAJOR effect that Coronavirus will have on college basketball? Prospects who are currently in their last year of high school may not have an opportunity to take the SAT or ACT this spring. Will there be exceptions made if these prospects are currently ineligible?

Comment

• Verbal Commits has JAmarius Burton on ISU's roster

Comment

Verbal Commits has JAmarius Burton on ISU's roster
                            Illinois State? Indians State?
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Illinois State? Indians State?
                              Sorry...Iowa State

Comment

Sorry...Iowa State
                                Kind of ironic if they do. As Caleb Grill just entered the transfer portal.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X