2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
    People throw "great coach" as if to say pass the butter. Marshall still has time to grow into a great coach, but I prefer to save great for...well...great.
    How many coaches have entered the NCAA undefeated?

Or was that just “good”?
    The Assman

Comment

• Im old enough to remember where everyone was crying about not watching them play again.

Funny how that changes when you get your feelings hurt.

Comment

• I'll finish now about the 5 players

Eric Stevenson - I believe his a very good player. He will never reach his potential as long as his father is involved. Maybe the reason Dexter left for a while was due to he and Eric being roommates and Dexter got to listen to all the negativity. Eric was distraction that this team did not need.

Jamarius Burton - He would frustrate me sometimes - when the ball would be stolen from a player from behind in lot of occasions. I personally think that Burton improved a lot from last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post

Delete yourself.
          Huh?

Comment

Then give us your opinion rather than drivel.
            Check out his coaching resume. Enough said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffrey Korchek View Post

I guess I don’t know why everyone’s assuming Shaq was definitely calling out Marshall? That’s certainly one possible way to read it, but I don’t think it’s clear at all. Especially since Willis clearly endorsed what he said... but still has a photo of himself in a Shocker jersey as his profile pic. Couldn’t have been that bad of an experience to still have that up years later? Just seems like it’s really unclear whether they’re pointing straight to Marshall or saying something more about how he’s harsh and some guys struggle with that.

And no, I’m not defending Marshall or the players, I think everyone needs to take a look at themselves, from the top on down.
              Thanks for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

He may need to adapt some, I agree, but he doesn’t need to bend over backwards to please and kowtow to 19-year-olds.

The sooner they realize it’s not all about them, the better for their lives.
                This works both ways.

Comment

People throw "great coach" as if to say pass the butter. Marshall still has time to grow into a great coach, but I prefer to save great for...well...great.
                  I agree

Comment

• Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post

Check out his coaching resume. Enough said.
                    I have skipper. Excellent coach don't you think.

Comment

Or was that just “good”?
                      No, it was excellent. How many coaches not in the MVC would have IF they would have coached in the MVC?

Comment

Or was that just “good”?
                        Remember, we beat Cal Poly, then lost to Kentucky the 8th seed.

Comment

I have skipper. Excellent coach don't you think.
                          I guess I’m missing your point? Please explain the ways he is not a good/great/excellent coach? Thanks!

Comment

• Marshall has proven himself to be a great since he followed a Final Four with 35-0 and Coach of the Year . Do you how many coaches in CBB history have done that? Marshall, and Calipari.

He hasn't had his best outcomes since moving to the AAC. That's a straight fact. Regardless of circumstances (Landry, transfers, assistants leaving to head coaching jobs), we want more. Marshall can get us AAC championships and NCAA berths, but he may have do things differently than in 2013 in the MVC.

I put a lot of weight on those circumstances. I'm not sure where we'll be in 2020-2021. I think we'd have been in the NCAA tournament this year and we'd have kept 2 of the transfers if those games happened. But ultimately, I think the dice will roll our way and we'll get back on the train of senior leaders setting culture, starting perhaps with Dexter and moving to Sherfield and Etienne.
                            ​​

Comment

• I would Marshall is a very, very good or great coach - here's why

1 - He is acknowledged by other coaches as a "great coach"
                              2 - Look at his team he inherited to where it is now = we all seem to put Izzo, Self, Williams, etc as "great coaches", but look at what they inherited, some very good teams
                              3 - WSU's road record - one of the best in the country
                              4 - Post season entries
                              5 - Players in the NBA
                              6 - Koch arena sell-outs - number of
                              7 - His overall winning percentage
                              8 - The overall respect by other schools and coaches = "not to play them"

I think that bleedingnblackngold is correct - look at his resume

Comment

• Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post

I guess I’m missing your point? Please explain the ways he is not a good/great/excellent coach? Thanks!
                                You are calling him great. The onus is on you pal.

Comment

Working...
                                X