Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

It's called debt
    In a falling rate environment, having fixed rate debt is losing money.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
      No I'm not happy, my 401K has lost $65,000 dollars and probably will reach 100K by the time it's said and done. I'll have to work two more years just to make this loss up.
      I'm sure It'll come back. The good thing about it is that the contributions from at least my next couple of paychecks will buy a lot more shares than the last few have.

Back on topic I'm pretty happy with where the team is right now. Sometimes it's easy to forget just how young this team is.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

In a falling rate environment, having fixed rate debt is losing money.
        Beat me to it. 6.5% student loan is downright usurious when the 10 yr treasury is .75% and the bank is charging you to keep money with them.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I think a lot of our offensive struggles correlate to lack of offensive rebounding. We used to feast on second chance points. Not so much this year. We're just a little too undersized to dominate the boards like we used to. As for the rest of the season, I just want to see the team lock in and get mentally tough. I think we have the talent to rattle off a few wins in Ft Worth. If our guys can just play tough, confident and drop the egos at the door, we can do some damage.
          I think there is a lot of other factors to consider when saying we have a lack of offensive rebounding. For the year, WSU has 374 offensive rebounds compared to our opponents 268. In our 7 conference loses, only 1 time were we out rebounded offensively (by 2) and that was the 33 point blowout, so we were bad on the Off Reb and a lot of other things. In the other 6 games, we had 77 Off Reb to opponents 44. In 3 of those games where we lost by a total of 7 points, we had 38 Off Reb to only 22 for the opponents. It would appear that we had a lot more opportunities to score but didn't, both before our offensive rebounds and afterwards. The offensive rebound wasn't the problem. Of those 3 games, had we made 2 buckets off the 4 more Off Rebs, we win, 2 buckets off of 6 more OffRs, we win, and 1 more bucket off of 6 more OffRs, we win. Poor shooting may have lead to those extra opportunities, but poor shooting after the OffRs caused the losses more than a lack of OffRs, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I think there is a lot of other factors to consider when saying we have a lack of offensive rebounding. For the year, WSU has 374 offensive rebounds compared to our opponents 268. In our 7 conference loses, only 1 time were we out rebounded offensively (by 2) and that was the 33 point blowout, so we were bad on the Off Reb and a lot of other things. In the other 6 games, we had 77 Off Reb to opponents 44. In 3 of those games where we lost by a total of 7 points, we had 38 Off Reb to only 22 for the opponents. It would appear that we had a lot more opportunities to score but didn't, both before our offensive rebounds and afterwards. The offensive rebound wasn't the problem. Of those 3 games, had we made 2 buckets off the 4 more Off Rebs, we win, 2 buckets off of 6 more OffRs, we win, and 1 more bucket off of 6 more OffRs, we win. Poor shooting may have lead to those extra opportunities, but poor shooting after the OffRs caused the losses more than a lack of OffRs, IMHO.
            We’ve always been known as an offensive rebounding team. Every coach knows we struggle to score and rely on offensive boards to get our points, it’s been that way for a while. It doesn’t surprise me that we still get more offensive rebounds than our opponents, but I’d be interested to see how our offensive rebounding compares to previous years, or better yet, how our 2nd Chance points compares to previous years. I don’t really care to look it up though. Just on a hunch, I bet it’s down.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So, is everyone happy now
                Let me ask the same question another way

Are we undefeated?
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Not Satisfied.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

It's called debt

avoid debt like the plague. markets look to be wanting to bottom.. i’m ready to buy again

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

avoid debt like the plague. markets look to be wanting to bottom.. i’m ready to buy again
                      I'm just ready to stop holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

My 'Simple IRA' is getting complicated...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          We’ve always been known as an offensive rebounding team. Every coach knows we struggle to score and rely on offensive boards to get our points, it’s been that way for a while. It doesn’t surprise me that we still get more offensive rebounds than our opponents, but I’d be interested to see how our offensive rebounding compares to previous years, or better yet, how our 2nd Chance points compares to previous years. I don’t really care to look it up though. Just on a hunch, I bet it’s down.
                          I would agree that 2nd Chance points are probably down, but that's not the OffRs fault. I'm retired, so I looked it up for ya rather than going on a hunch.

Season/ Games / OffR / Game / + - / Game

2012-13 / 39 // 512 // 13.1 // +157 // 4.0

2013-14 / 36 // 419 // 11.6 // +80 // 2.2

2014-15 / 35 // 403 // 11.5 // +127 // 3.6

2015-16 / 35 // 408 // 11.6 // +127 // 3.6

2016-17 / 36 // 433 // 12.0 // +101 // 2.8

2017-18 / 33 // 405 // 12.3 // +131 // 4.0

2018-19 / 37 // 456 // 12.3 // +102 // 2.8

2019-20 / 31 // 374 // 12.0 // +106 // 2.9

Not sure I could make many correlations with Offensive Rebounding and success of season. What I can see is that we are consistently getting more rebounds than our opponents, but I cannot tell whether it's due to worse shooting on our part or just better at offensive rebounding.

Out of the last 8 years, 2019-20 does seem to be in the middle in both per game and plus/minus per game.

Our most successful overall season we had the most OffRs per game and tied for most plus per game.

Our best overall season record we had one of the fewest OffRs per game and the lowest plus per game.

Generally speaking, the change of conference has not made much of a difference numbers wise, but what we do see may be due to worse shooting leading to more opportunities for offensive rebounds.

Comment

I'm happy, but not satisfied.
                            "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                            X