So is everyone happy now???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is everyone happy now???

... great win yesterday, Eric played well, kind of favorable draw....all good? ( for three days, anyway?

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    ... great win yesterday, Eric played well, kind of favorable draw....all good? ( for three days, anyway?
    Seems like a lot of the discussion recently is more long term stuff. Meaning I think no matter what happens the rest of this season, save a miraculous Final 4 run, people who feel we are on a downward trajectory will be unconvinced that their concerns have been resolved and people who feel we are headed the right direction will continue to maintain positivity.

It’s hard to say when, if ever, we will truly get a definitive answer to the debate. Maybe in five years we can look back and honestly assess our own opinions during this time but I also wonder if it’s something just inherent to our personalities. Those who generally have a negative outlook will find something else to take issue with and those who generally have a positive outlook will find a reason for optimism. And then of course you will have those who will say, “I’m a realist.” and I will roll my eyes.

Comment

I'm good! The dramatic uptick of the baseball team, plus beating the snot out of the first place AAC team feels GOOD!

I want to do damage in the tourney and get JE into the NCAA tourney in the worst way!!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

I'm pretty dern happy!!! The birth of my first born will always be the happiest day of my life. Now just waiting on a Shocker basketball National Championship!!!! That's all I want and need!!! Oh...and maybe a few cold ones to celebrate that!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The game yesterday was great...however I want to see JE get to play in the big dance. Seeing JE get his wish would make me happy.

Comment

No I'm not happy, my 401K has lost $65,000 dollars and probably will reach 100K by the time it's said and done. I'll have to work two more years just to make this loss up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                No I'm not happy, my 401K has lost $65,000 dollars and probably will reach 100K by the time it's said and done. I'll have to work two more years just to make this loss up.
                Depends on if you are sitting on cash while it rebounds.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The defense is greatly improved from last year and even the year before that.

I feel like we’re an above average rebounding team. Not sure what the stats say about that.

The offense is what has “held us back” this year for the most part.

We could really benefit from our guards cutting down on turnovers.

Continuing to improve shot selection would also increase our efficiency. As would a focus on attacking the defense off the dribble instead of settling for contested off the dribble threes.

Is our current personnel capable of doing those things? It seems like it to me, but I dunno. Again, just need to find some consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    The defense is greatly improved from last year and even the year before that.

I feel like we’re an above average rebounding team. Not sure what the stats say about that.

The offense is what has “held us back” this year for the most part.

We could really benefit from our guards cutting down on turnovers.

Continuing to improve shot selection would also increase our efficiency. As would a focus on attacking the defense off the dribble instead of settling for contested off the dribble threes.

Is our current personnel capable of doing those things? It seems like it to me, but I dunno. Again, just need to find some consistency.
                    Good post.

I would add that our bad shots end up as run outs for the other team. Between horrible turnovers and bad shots, we let a lot of teams get in transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Depends on if you are sitting on cash while it rebounds.
                      Stay the course, it will come 'roaring' back...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Good post.

I would add that our bad shots end up as run outs for the other team. Between horrible turnovers and bad shots, we let a lot of teams get in transition.
                        I think a lot of our offensive struggles correlate to lack of offensive rebounding. We used to feast on second chance points. Not so much this year. We're just a little too undersized to dominate the boards like we used to. As for the rest of the season, I just want to see the team lock in and get mentally tough. I think we have the talent to rattle off a few wins in Ft Worth. If our guys can just play tough, confident and drop the egos at the door, we can do some damage.

Comment

Happy??

I wish we were better, but about where most people, including me, thought the team would be at start of the season. Expectations rose mid season but as always "water finds its level".
                          Call me crazy, but I am still bullish on this team going forward next year with 2 or 3 adjustments.

With GM.
                          What some people on here don't realize is just because I occasionally disagree with him, that has little to do with overall support.
                          I have always thought "in game" coaching is his weakest quality. This year, it seems to me, he has been willing to change more than any other time in his career. Proud of him for that.
                          There is so much more to coaching at the D! level than "in game". GM is as good as it gets in many of these areas. For example he is great at player evaluation, seeing the big picture, having the right players on the floor at the right time, and recruiting, just to mention a few.

By big picture, I mean slowly guiding a team to reach its potential even if that means doing things that make it worse in the short run. It doesn't always work out, but generally the man can put a team together. Anyone that has read all my posts, know I have never wavered from this opinion.

That being said. I enjoy reading the opinions of others that don't support GM to this extent. Even 1976 has valid points in his arguments. I don't agree with all of them but respect his right to state them on a message board.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                            Cant lose money if you dont have any money

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Cant lose money if you dont have any money
                              It's called debt

Comment

Working...
                              X