Wichita State vs. Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• When ES is mentally engaged and playing hard and gritty we go to another level

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
        When ES is mentally engaged and playing hard and gritty we go to another level
        The mental part is about hitting shots. I think sometimes he mentally checks out when initial shots don’t fall. I don’t think he’s unique in this regard though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

The mental part is about hitting shots. I think sometimes he mentally checks out when initial shots don’t fall. I don’t think he’s unique in this regard though.
          90% of the game is half mental.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Yes.

Comment

• Finally a game when more than a couple guys played decent. ES with a pretty good game but not a great one. What he
              gives us more than anything else is energy/effort and it can be contagious helping others to play hard also. TE and GS both
              played with more energy today on defense and TW well on both ends. JB is probably our steadiest player right now. Too
              many threes but we hit a decent % today - also some quick ones by ES and TE. Teams tone was much better. Beat UConn
              and I think were safely in so once again the biggest game of the year is our next one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

The other 10% of that half of the game is good eyesight.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Nm

Comment

• 1. we were pretty good today, Tulsa was pretty bad
                    2, Erik is really a good rebounder
                    3. I've decided that the backup 5 is decided by rock, paper, scissors
                    4. Jaimie is a kid having fun
                    5. wonder what Erik said in that dogpile?
                    6. not his best shooting day, but ETN was good
                    7. at least when Erik makes a bonehead play, he doesn't loaf and pout for 30 seconds
                    8. really hope Noah can play in Texas
                    9. a team looks better when shots go in
                    10. this time the officials really did suck

Comment

• I think the best thing that happened in the game was that all the guards took it to the hole in the half court offense. I thought several of them looked uncomfortable doing it, but they all tried and by and large were very successful with it. If we can just continue doing it, and not be full of fear, there could still be hope for this season.

This living on the bubble is hard! So stressful. We had a wonderfully successful day. Let’s all take a deep breath, release slowly, and have a great evening

Comment

• Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane NCAAM game from March 8, 2020 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

ES, 9 boards, 4 TOs,........ JB 3 TOs, GS 3 TOs......22 fouls on us, 13 on them

Comment

• Can Erik's dad travel to Fort Worth later this week?

Comment

• Jaime had a slow start points wise but he was a beast in steals and rebounds
                            Erik played with an edge tonight
                            Shox played well in pushing the ball up court hard after a Tulsa miss
                            Joiner played within himself today
                            Our ball defense was very very good
                            AM played well but he cannot guard his man on the perimeter
                            The officiating was bad if it was even that good
                            Shox made fewer poor choices today than in some of their previous games.
                            Baseball team won
                            Basketball team Spanked Tulsa
                            My wife and my anniversary today Got married on the beach in Tampa before the start of the AAC tournament in Orlando
                            Saw Shox AAC eating at Defazio's after the game...oh well you can't have everything

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                              Too many threes
                              Against a zone, a team is going to have to hit open 3s. Their zone was good and getting layups against it isn’t going to happen often. Have to hit some threes and also get offensive rebounds because a zone doesn’t block out well. We did get to the foul line today more than we usually do. Those are positive signs for us.

Comment

• It appears HCGM is getting a handle on the “crab grass” outbreak... he must be using the proper amount of ‘RoundUp’. Looks like “he chose wisely.”

Good crowd today... the place looked full from my vantage point and It was loud.

Two people drained half court shots winning free Wings and a set of four tires respectively... that was fun.

Why in the ‘wide world of sports’ wouldn’t Don Hall announce the final baseball score? They had the 10-9 final posted on the big board (got a decent applause from those that noticed) and he was looking up at it, but no mention when there were several opportunities to do so. 12 wins in a row and a great opportunity to give the baseball program some much deserved ‘public’ accolades.

Lynn made her traditional stroll to the big Gott cooler with about 7 minutes remaining. Tulsa had cut the lead to 10 and coach Marshall used one of his ‘back-pocket’ timeouts; guess she was really thirsty at the time from waving and yelling non-stop for over 13 minutes. After drinking from the big orange ‘chalice of victory’, she gave Josaphat Bilau a big hug, extended pleasantries to the parent section (she might have even winked at Marcus Camby) and many of her adoring fans, then headed back to her seat. Watching Lynn is worth the price of admission. Can you imagine living with a wildcat?

Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X