No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best case scenario was a win, and for Erik to get confident. Like him or not, the team is much better when he’s hitting shots (no sh!t)

Comment

• Good win Shocks!!! 23-8 not too shabby!!! Soooo close to 25-6 but hopefully another win (or 2) will do the trick! Go Shocks!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
        Good win that we really needed. Not looking forward to playing UGone.
        Assuming UConn can beat Tulane again.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          Good win Shocks!!! 23-8 not too shabby!!! Soooo close to 25-6 but hopefully another win (or 2) will do the trick! Go Shocks!!!
          A 22 pt. win for the 11-11 Trivia thread.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Never fear, JE, Burton, and ES were here. No sweeping, no outright ships, for foes. Our Defense was impressive overall today. When we shoot the rock like today, we can keep winning.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• We obviously are a very good team. We don't take 4th by being scrubs.

one could say we are a model of consistency in that we beat all the teams below us, and lose to the teams above us....

What we need is to play above our skill, or maybe have everyone play at their level at the same time.

I don't know.

Its March.

Let's do some work.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Man, you listen to JE on the post game and it makes you think there’s still hope for the team chemistry. We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  Man, you listen to JE on the post game and it makes you think there’s still hope for the team chemistry. We shall see.
                  What was said?

Comment

• Probably not that big of a deal, but the other 2 AAC games I saw today shook hands at the end. Are we that disliked? We're not the stinkin bearcats.

Comment

• Great game. Nice Win!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        We obviously are a very good team. We don't take 4th by being scrubs.

one could say we are a model of consistency in that we beat all the teams below us, and lose to the teams above us....

What we need is to play above our skill, or maybe have everyone play at their level at the same time.

I don't know.

Its March.

Let's do some work.
                        Except for Temple.

Comment

• If the no-shake was about the beer flu then the message must have missed Marshall. His body language in-person didn’t look like he expected that.

Comment

• Really pretty simple, we hit open shots we’re pretty dangerous. We don’t hit open shots we look pretty bad. Udeze and Mitguard were pretty good today, which has been lacking recently. Good to see, hopefully we’ll see more of it. Eric, great game, didn’t force things and played his best game of the month. If we can shoot above 40% we will be a tough out in the AAC tournament...

Comment

• Yes the shocks will be a tough out if they can shoot well. But the turnovers every single time we have a chance to extend the lead just kills the momentum. I don't understand the lack of BBIQ by some of our guys in these critical moments in the game. Sigh. I hope it improves.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                If the no-shake was about the beer flu then the message must have missed Marshall. His body language in-person didn’t look like he expected that.
                                UCF and the Shocks did not shake hands after their women's AAC tournament game on Saturday. They just waved at each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X