Wichita State vs. Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    Yes the shocks will be a tough out if they can shoot well. But the turnovers every single time we have a chance to extend the lead just kills the momentum. I don't understand the lack of BBIQ by some of our guys in these critical moments in the game. Sigh. I hope it improves.
    The longer we have the ball in the half court, the higher our chances of turning it over. That's why we need to try to get the open shot earlier in the shot clock.
    Last edited by 1979Shocker; March 9, 2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

The longer we have the ball in he half court, the higher our chances of turning it over. That's why we need to try to get the open shot earlier in the shot clock.
      I noticed that players were more willing to take open 3's early in the shot clock today than in some previous games. Maybe that's why the % on 3's was higher today. An open 3 early is better than an off-balance 28' 3 with 2 seconds left on the shot clock.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post

No one in the league took them serious
        They benefited hugely from the unbalanced schedule.

Comment

• Coach drinking Sierra Mist at the post game, something was amiss

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

The longer we have the ball in he half court, the higher our chances of turning it over. That's why we need to try to get the open shot earlier in the shot clock.
            I didn’t like the two threes we took (one by Erik and one by Tyson) on the “fast break”, but I’m totally with you on this. Our offense is so bad when teams slow us down in the half court. When we get up and run we are really good. I do wish our guys would pass more on the break. The one with Erik to Tyson back to Erik was beautiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I didn’t like the two threes we took (one by Erik and one by Tyson) on the “fast break”, but I’m totally with you on this. Our offense is so bad when teams slow us down in the half court. When we get up and run we are really good. I do wish our guys would pass more on the break. The one with Erik to Tyson back to Erik was beautiful.
              I looked at the group I was with after those 2 shots and go "Who do they think they are? Conner Frankamp?"

I didn't like them either.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post

The other 10% of that half of the game is good eyesight.
                So you're saying....

Comment

• I spoke with a gentleman back in May of last year. He was a part of the PSA Cardinals program and knew Tyson. He said we'd love him and that he's a dog. You saw that on full display yesterday. He gets after it defensively and made two or three great steals by rotating down on defense. He will be very successful here, and I'll be interested to see how much we have him initiating the offense going forward.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Much needed win a convincing fashion.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Or middle blocker for the Shocker Volleyball team.

https://goshockers.com/sports/womens...ma-wright/4135

No wonder he wanted to redshirt this year

Comment

• Originally posted by bighouse View Post

6’ 3” & 6’ 11”... makes me go hmmm.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• In her heels she was almost eye to eye

Comment

• Originally posted by bighouse View Post

Good chance Emma will forego her final year of eligibility and not play for the Shocks next year although she might return. She redshirted as a freshman and has been in the program 4 years. Very possible she will get her degree this spring. Her playing time diminished towards the end of last year as Lambo went with his youngsters. Great young Lady/ Seems like a terrific match. A biology major so I'm sure she has big plans after college.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              If the no-shake was about the beer flu then the message must have missed Marshall. His body language in-person didn’t look like he expected that.
                              https://nypost.com/2020/03/09/geno-a...shaking-hands/

Looks like it was about the mexican beer. I loved the comment that basically states we just sweated on each other for 40 minutes and now they don't want us to shake hands... Stupid..

Comment

Working...
                              X