No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Memphis Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, a win is good but we need to beat Tulsa to get a bid. We can’t go 0-6 vs the top 3 teams and expect any favors.

Comment

A win at Memphis is a Q1 win. Important

Comment

Right now, I think our ceiling is an 11 seed that isn't in a Tuesday night play-in game. Potentially a 10 seed if we pick up a win against Houston. Personally I would rather be a 11 seed than a 10 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
          Right now, I think our ceiling is an 11 seed that isn't in a Tuesday night play-in game. Potentially a 10 seed if we pick up a win against Houston. Personally I would rather be a 11 seed than a 10 seed.
          if we pick up a win against Houston, we're winning the tourney

Comment

I admittedly know very little about naming conventions in Nigeria. However, when a mother looks down at her newborn boy and says, "Precious," I get it. But, you have to be thinking "this kid will have to attend middle school at some point." Luckily at 6'9 225 and probably well into the 6' range at middle school he probably didn't have to suffer too many wedgies.

Memphis has been a huge disappointment. They have some pieces. I just don't think you can run as many minutes with two guys under 6' as they do. Todd Butler knew this.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Took the under @ 137.5

Comment

My only thought for this game (and it is quite obvious) -- we CANNOT play Memphis the way we played the first 25+ minutes against SMU. If we do, we more than likely lose. You cannot dig yourself a large hole against Memphis and have any real expectation of winning. In our first game this year against Memphis (and granted it was quite early in the conference season and it was at home), we lead the entire way. We hopefully will come out fighting and knock them on their collective asses early and lead the entire game. My heart cannot take another SMU. I too damn old.

Comment

We come out thinking we can just shoot 3s again, like we did in the comeback, it’ll be an embarrassing loss. I keep thinking Marshall will get this adjusted, but I’ve failed to see it.
                  Last edited by ShockerFever; March 5, 2020, 04:06 PM.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Some random stats:

Memphis has the #5 rated defense in the country according to Kenpom. Their offense is #216 with the 16th average possession length. Lots of shots and lots of bricks.

It is also crazy that we have the 314th worst 2 point FG% in the country. Somehow it feels like we shoot worse than the reported 45%.

I imagine we see some more of that 2-3 zone that got us back into the game against SMU. Kenpom has it at 67-66 Memphis.

64-61 WSU. Go Shox!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      We come out thinking we can just 3s again, like we did in the comeback, it’ll be an embarrassing loss. I keep thinking Marshall will get this adjusted, but I’ve failed to see it.
                      The zones have something to do with it, think Memphis will zone?

That’s exactly what they’re trying to make us do, fire up from three. I’ve seen some improvement lately in getting the the ball to the elbow or short corner. Hopefully they’ve seen the success of attacking from there and execute it more but we’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        We come out thinking we can just 3s again, like we did in the comeback, it’ll be an embarrassing loss. I keep thinking Marshall will get this adjusted, but I’ve failed to see it.
                        Jamie needs to make his bunnies (he missed most of them at SMU) and pass to TW and others for dunks and layups... if not, kick out for 'open' threes within the flow of the offense. Need to work inside-out, but Precious has the ability to change the dynamics of the game quickly with his size and athleticism. Let's hope we get him in early foul trouble.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm more nervous than Kung Wu looking for 'trolls' and 'Russian hackers' on Shockernet.

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                            It is also crazy that we have the 314th worst 2 point FG% in the country.
                            It's amazing to me that there are 39 teams worse than us at 2-point shots.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

It's amazing to me that there are 39 teams worse than us at 2-point shots.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                I'm more nervous than Kung Wu looking for 'trolls' and 'Russian hackers' on Shockernet.
                                What makes you think I am not a Russian hacking troll?

Do svidaniya!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X