Wichita State at Memphis Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Triticum View Post

You can't really risk a more serious injury in this situation by rushing a key player back, I think they're making the prudent move. How does this change the Shockers' game plan?
    No, I get it. I'm just a little surprised he's not coming back. It doesn't change our scout much.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

We've had our ups and downs this season, but at least we're not Memphis. From having the #1 recruiting class with high post season aspirations, to basically not having a realistic chance of making the tournament, they have had a far more disappointing season than anyone else in conference--and arguably in CBB.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        We've had our ups and downs this season, but at least we're not Memphis. From having the #1 recruiting class with high post season aspirations, to basically not having a realistic chance of making the tournament, they have had a far more disappointing season than anyone else in conference--and arguably in CBB.
        “There but for the grace of God go I”
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Thats nothin. You should see the Northwestern game thread in the baseball forum.
          The best drama I've read in years.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

The best drama I've read in years.
            I'm sure it will be up for several literary awards.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Triticum View Post

You can't really risk a more serious injury in this situation by rushing a key player back, I think they're making the prudent move. How does this change the Shockers' game plan?
              Agree the season is almost over. A knee injury is not something to jack around with.

Comment

U of M’s DJ Jeffries officially out for the year - Daily Memphian

By Drew Hill
                Updated: March 03, 2020 3:34 PM CT | Published: March 03, 2020 12:07 PM CT

https://dailymemphian.com/section/sp...t-for-the-year

"Freshman DJ Jeffries will not return to Memphis basketball this season due to a knee injury suffered last month, a source confirmed to The Daily Memphian Tuesday. Jeffries has not played for the Tigers since Jan. 29 against Central Florida...."

Comment

Anyone hear an update on Fernandes foot? Would be nice to pair him with a hopefully refocused Sherfield at PG.

Comment

Hoping Fernandes won't need surgery in the off-season.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Hoping Fernandes won't need surgery in the off-season.
                      Not that it means anything one way or the other but he wasn’t in a boot at the SMU game.

Comment

They’ve said a number of times that it’s a severe bone bruise. Unless it’s been misdiagnosed or they’re lying, he just needs to quit playing for a while, give it a rest, and quit re-injuring it for a while. It shouldn’t take surgery.

Comment

Will be at Memphis game with my son. Sure would be great to see this team regaining that killer road instinct

Comment

I will be at the game as well. I hosted a Memphis fan for the game here and he is returning the favor. Sort of a quick and expensive trip, I'm really hoping for a win so I can go home happy!

Comment

Originally posted by W51shocker View Post
                              Will be at Memphis game with my son. Sure would be great to see this team regaining that killer road instinct
                              If (when) we win, head to the floor immediately after the game... there's a good chance you'll be invited to celebrate with the team and other fans in the locker room.
                              "Here we go..."
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                They’ve said a number of times that it’s a severe bone bruise. Unless it’s been misdiagnosed or they’re lying, he just needs to quit playing for a while, give it a rest, and quit re-injuring it for a while. It shouldn’t take surgery.
                                Didn't TE mention it wasn't the same foot that sidelined him for 9 weeks? Completely different injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X