Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by choida View Post
    What ever happened to playing the best players?
    Sometimes grooming a future player, if that player isn't a significant reduction in on-court performance, gets involved. When Sherfield played PG in the Black and Yellow scrimmage, I thought he spent too much of the shot clock dribbling back and forth 28' away from the basket.

By the end of the season I thought he spent too much of the shot clock dribbling back and forth 28' from the basket. I understand he was testing the D and seeing if he could break it down to facilitate the offense. That's the mindset a PG is supposed to have, but when it doesn't work for an entire season, it might be better to make quick passes to break a defense down.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Sometimes grooming a future player, if that player isn't a significant reduction in on-court performance, gets involved. When Sherfield played PG in the Black and Yellow scrimmage, I thought he spent too much of the shot clock dribbling back and forth 28' away from the basket.

By the end of the season I thought he spent too much of the shot clock dribbling back and forth 28' from the basket. I understand he was testing the D and seeing if he could break it down to facilitate the offense. That's the mindset a PG is supposed to have, but when it doesn't work for an entire season, it might be better to make quick passes to break a defense down.
      He did do a lot of dribbling on the perimeter. One thing that bugged our household was the pace with which he played. That leisurely dribble up court just took too much time off the shot clock and we ended up with a lot of rushed or ill advised perimeter shots. I thought the Shocks played best in a fast paced game when the ball and players were really moving up the court. And yes, it is still possible to do it after a made basket. So don't say it. LOL. His shot looked pretty decent by the end of the season, and I don't think it looked too bad in the early part of the season either - just that the D probably wasn't as intense as conference play.

Comment

• GS with the ball in his hands with the clock winding down = sure turnover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          GS with the ball in his hands with the clock winding down = sure turnover.
          That was true for everyone on this team since Landry went to the NBA.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Have we heard of any teams interested in Grant? Seems awfully quiet compared to Erik and Burton?

Comment

• GS is going to get the same ill will I had toward Austin Reeves. Most want Grant to succeed yet, I personally hope he falls flat on his face!

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                GS is going to get the same ill will I had toward Austin Reeves. Most want Grant to succeed yet, I personally hope he falls flat on his face!
                Bad time for that type of attitude... But each is their own

Comment

• Guess i'm just wired different then most...if you're not with us you're against us imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                    Guess i'm just wired different then most...if you're not with us you're against us imo
                    If you mean "I hope someone I dont even know fails because they dont want to be on my favorite team" is wired differently then Id say - no, you're probably not. It does make you an asshole though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

If you mean "I hope someone I dont even know fails because they dont want to be on my favorite team" is wired differently then Id say - no, you're probably not. It does make you an asshole though.
                      I seriously wonder how your husband can put up with you...

Dude must have a good sense of humor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I seriously wonder how your husband can put up with you...

Dude must have a good sense of humor.
                        Thats cute. Did you get that from the common man?

Comment

• Transferring to Nevada

They finished the year 19-12 with 89 NET. 1-9 Q1/Q2 record and a first round loss to Wyoming in the MWC tourney

They are losing 4 of their top 6 players to graduation .. so lots of minutes available.

Last edited by Stickboy46; March 23, 2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Transferring to Nevada
                            Wow. Mountain West? SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

Wow. Mountain West? SMH
                              Yup lateral to step down move.

Comment

• Steve Alford is who recruited him the first time to UCLA.

Comment

Working...
                                X