No announcement yet.

Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are very few freshman that can come in and contribute significant minutes and look like an NBA player unless they TRULY are a one and done type talent. Even some of those struggle. I think GS very well could have been the next FVV had he listened and trusted HCGM and had he recognized that the effort required was MUCH more that what he was currently giving. I wish him well. Some of these dads are just duds; some live vicariously through their sons, some hope to live financially through their sons, some just don't have good judgment on when to step in and when to step back. Some dads and players just don't want to hear that they aren't at the NBA level... yet. I also believe that it may take two schools for some to figure out that the difference doesn't come from the coaching staff/playing time but from within. It's not about showboating what you have on national TV, it's about improving what you don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      The question I have is - what if GGG had not let him come back after leaving? Would that have made a difference in
      JB's and NF's decision to leave? We obviously had too much competition at PG and all three were unhappy. Now we don't have
      any. I just wish he would have made it clear that JB was the guy instead of trying to keep the back ups happy.
      I would appreciate if someone could post that link where it says he left the team and returned during that time. I haven't been able to find it.

Comment

• My drill instructor said it best:

”I’m here to rip you off your momma’s teet, you maggots!”

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
          I heard from a good source that GS's dad, while not nearly the problem of ES's dad, was constantly contacting GM about Sherfield deserving MUCH more playing time and "you don't know what you have " etc. etc. GS was a solid freshman D1 player. It seems to me he got plenty of minutes.
          Too many minutes as far as I'm concerned.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Coach to players - "If your parents contact me to complain, you will never see the court"

problem solved

ops - I guess they would still leave the team....so never mind. But the coach wouldn't have to put up with the constant b*tch**g

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              I heard from a good source that GS's dad, while not nearly the problem of ES's dad, was constantly contacting GM about Sherfield deserving MUCH more playing time and "you don't know what you have " etc. etc. GS was a solid freshman D1 player. It seems to me he got plenty of minutes.
              That fits with what I was told. Doesn't help the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I would appreciate if someone could post that link where it says he left the team and returned during that time. I haven't been able to find it.

Comment

• I get that parents should be somewhat involved, and parents put their trust in the coach to look out for their kids while they are away...

But the parents are responsible for knowing where the line is between having a genuine conversation with GM on how the kid is doing, and bitching to coach about what he needs to do in catering to your kids needs.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I think Fever has mentioned it before but I think Marshall succumbed to the “pressure” of Sherfield. I think he got extra minutes because he was a highly-sought after recruit with Wichita ties. Marshall probably wanted to create some sort of pipeline and ended up giving GS more minutes than he warranted.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      I think Fever has mentioned it before but I think Marshall succumbed to the “pressure” of Sherfield. I think he got extra minutes because he was a highly-sought after recruit with Wichita ties. Marshall probably wanted to create some sort of pipeline and ended up giving GS more minutes than he warranted.
                      That's an interesting theory (and could be partially true), however I can't see coach Marshall doing that. I liked Sherfield a lot and thought he had a big upside, but I didn't always like his 'scowl'. He just looked unhappy to me most of the time. I always thought maybe he had a little 'UCLAitis'… maybe deep down he thought he was a little too good for our program. I honestly have no idea what I'm talking about.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That's an interesting theory (and could be partially true), however I can't see coach Marshall doing that. I liked Sherfield a lot and thought he had a big upside, but I didn't always like his 'scowl'. He just looked unhappy to me most of the time. I always thought maybe he had a little 'UCLAitis'… maybe deep down he thought he was a little too good for our program. I honestly have no idea what I'm talking about.

That was my sense, regarding UCLAitis. I also noticed, particularly late in the season, that his 3pt shooting seemed to be more accurate from NBA range than college range, indicating to me he was already practicing for the next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

That was my sense, regarding UCLAitis. I also noticed, particularly late in the season, that his 3pt shooting seemed to be more accurate from NBA range than college range, indicating to me he was already practicing for the next level.
                          If so he's gonna be disappointed unless he changes his attitude towards constructive criticism.

Comment

I think Fever has mentioned it before but I think Marshall succumbed to the “pressure” of Sherfield. I think he got extra minutes because he was a highly-sought after recruit with Wichita ties. Marshall probably wanted to create some sort of pipeline and ended up giving GS more minutes than he warranted.
                            I agree.

GGG did it again, just like when he benched Austin for Conner... In real time it was kind of baffling.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

• What ever happened to playing the best players?

Comment

Working...
                                X