No announcement yet.

Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Grant would lead to the board being almost as depressed as when Austin Leaves left.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Is Shitdump, Iowa near Frostbite Falls?
      Suburb

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Multiple people including myself pretty thoroughly laid out the case for why the stance you’ve taken is...ill conceived. But you’ve ignored it. Honestly, people have been way nicer than a post like that deserves. Now you’re doubling down on the stupidity.

Maybe we can get Barry Hinson in here for you. Never heard his coaches show but that guy gives one hell of a press conference.
        "...pretty thoroughly laid out the case for why the stance you’ve taken is...ill conceived." I must have missed those posts; all I recall are a bunch of Marshall kool aid drinking responses.

Let me offer some additional stupidity regards my opinion of Marshall -

1. His record against Ben Jacobson (12-10) and Greg McDermott (4-3) IMO other than Marshall the two best coaches in the MVC speak for themselves.

2. Marshall's record against the better AAC coaches also speaks for itself - Houston (1-6), Cincinnati (1-6) Temple (4-3)

3. Marshall IMO doesn't call timeouts because he has nothing to say to help his players; his coaching in close end of games clearly speaks to this.

4. Could an alternate explanation for why the Shockers are always another team's Super Bowl be an excellent game plan by the other teams' coaches?

OK, I am done; taking Fever's advice and walking away to let myself cool off; I just had to get this frustration off my chest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
          Sorry about that. Im just frustrated and missed my nap yesterday.
          Its cool man. But missing your nap is no reason to fly off the deep end.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
            Losing Grant would lead to the board being almost as depressed as when Austin Leaves left.
            i don't think so. Not yet anyway.

that said, I hope he stays

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Logged 0 minutes tonight.

Is that confirmation enough for ya?
              He’s waiting for it to be discussed on Breitbart. .

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So you remember what happened within a couple of years after Ralph Miller was chased off by Shocker fans who no longer thought our Top 10-50 Ranked basketball program was good enough for them. After they chased him off, our program tanked down to a program at best on the level of Temple and more often were on the level of Tulane or ECU for 17 years and then we hit the Tulane level after 8 Top 50 years for another 15-20 years. Be careful for what you and Bobb wish for.
                You raise a valid point of concern. I remember what happened when Ralph left, WSU hired his assistant Gary Thompson a mediocre coach IMO (93-94 record) who managed to take Ralph's team to a Final Four. Then down hill with Harry Miller another mediocre coach (97-90); then uphill with Gene Smithson (155-81) a great recruiter and good coach who IMO fell prey to the Beakers/NCAA. Then the pits until Turgeon came along and then Marshall who returned the Shockers to dominating the Valley of Mediocrity.

KU suffered a similar fate IMO when the brilliant Board of Regents forced Phog Allen (IMO greatest basketball coach of all time) to retire and made Dick Harp (long time assistant) the head coach. Harp proved in eight long years he was an average coach so the Beakers hired a slightly better coach Ted Owens who in 19 years proved he could not win a National Championship. After two consecutive losing seasons the Beakers fired Owens and hired the greatest cheater of all time Larry Brown who won a Natty by default and should have led the Beakers to a death penalty. Then Roy Williams was hired who could win games and league championships but no National Championship. Roy leaves for UNC and the Beakers hire Bill Self who is IMO among the Top Five active NCAA coaches. Self has not only continued to win league championships but has also brought the Beakers a legitimate National Championship.

I trust WSU Administration is aware of these facts and when Marshall leaves (for whatever reason) they do not promote an assistant but recruit a top flight head coach. After all the Shocker Head Coach is well compensated, plays in a great sold out arena and has a fan base that travels extremely well.

Comment

You ra

I trust WSU Administration is aware of these facts and when Marshall leaves (for whatever reason) they do not promote an assistant but recruit a top flight head coach. After all the Shocker Head Coach is well compensated, plays in a great sold out arena and has a fan base that travels extremely well.
                  You might want to recheck your earlier posts where you said WSU should hire Chris Jans and Steve Forbes after they fire Marshall. Both assistants and neither have a track record like our current coach had when he was hired.

Please keep going.. What else does WSU need to do?

Comment

I know this post will not be popular. Personally, I have had my fill of Marshall as Head Coach. . .

Three coaches I hope Boatright has on speed dial are Chris Jans (NMSU), Steve Forbes (ETSU) and Bob Richey (Furman). IMO any of the three would be an excellent replacement for Marshall at less than a third of the current annual salary paid to Marshall.

This season -

Gregg Marshall (and 10 underclassman) 21-7 In THE AMERICAN with notable wins over Oklahoma, Ole Miss, South Carolina, VCU, Memphis,

Bob Richey 24-6 in the Southern with a notable win over Loyola Chicago

Steve Forbes 26-4 in the Southern with notable win over Furman

Chris Jans 23-6 in the WAC with notable wins over Mississippi State, Colorado State (is this notable???), California Baptist

I like those coaches, but nah....... I think we're good dude.

Comment

KU suffered a similar fate IMO when the brilliant Board of Regents forced Phog Allen (IMO greatest basketball coach of all time) to retire and made Dick Harp (long time assistant) the head coach. Harp proved in eight long years he was an average coach so the Beakers hired a slightly better coach Ted Owens who in 19 years proved he could not win a National Championship. After two consecutive losing seasons the Beakers fired Owens and hired the greatest cheater of all time Larry Brown who won a Natty by default and should have led the Beakers to a death penalty. Then Roy Williams was hired who could win games and league championships but no National Championship. Roy leaves for UNC and the Beakers hire Bill Self who is IMO among the Top Five active NCAA coaches. Self has not only continued to win league championships but has also brought the Beakers a legitimate National Championship.[/B]
                      I am impressed with ALL that you know about KU. I didn't know most of that or care about it. You must be a dual fan.

Comment

• NM

Comment

You raise a valid point of concern. I remember what happened when Ralph left, WSU hired his assistant Gary Thompson a mediocre coach IMO (93-94 record) who managed to take Ralph's team to a Final Four. Then down hill with Harry Miller another mediocre coach (97-90); then uphill with Gene Smithson (155-81) a great recruiter and good coach who IMO fell prey to the Beakers/NCAA. Then the pits until Turgeon came along and then Marshall who returned the Shockers to dominating the Valley of Mediocrity.

KU suffered a similar fate IMO when the brilliant Board of Regents forced Phog Allen (IMO greatest basketball coach of all time) to retire and made Dick Harp (long time assistant) the head coach. Harp proved in eight long years he was an average coach so the Beakers hired a slightly better coach Ted Owens who in 19 years proved he could not win a National Championship. After two consecutive losing seasons the Beakers fired Owens and hired the greatest cheater of all time Larry Brown who won a Natty by default and should have led the Beakers to a death penalty. Then Roy Williams was hired who could win games and league championships but no National Championship. Roy leaves for UNC and the Beakers hire Bill Self who is IMO among the Top Five active NCAA coaches. Self has not only continued to win league championships but has also brought the Beakers a legitimate National Championship.

Excellent post. History is frequently a predictor of the future if it is repeated.

Comment

You do realize that Bill Self has KU under investigation again by the NCAA. He wins and he violates NCAA rules over and over. I'll take the slightly surly GGG and play by the rules. There is no question he is the best coach we have ever had and he doesn't cheat to do it.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Legitimate National Championship? You sure about that? The FBI is not as sure as you.

Comment

• Whoever derailed this thread has done an outstanding job. I consider myself pretty good at derailing threads, so I know a good derailing job when I see one, and this one's top notch.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X