No announcement yet.

Creighton couldn't handle the national ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no use for Creighton, but I'd still rather have them go the way of UNLV -- that is, come in ranked and unbeaten, and leave with their first loss.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Doug McD is one heckuva player and CU will be tough to beat this year and especially next.
      CU's weakness this year is that they can be beat around the basket and they can be beat on the boards.

I keep forgetting that Echenique is only a Jr this year.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

On live-rpi, Creighton is currently ranked #16, WSU is ranked #33.

Comment

Creighton sucks and their fans are the worst there are.

Until you have heard their comments at games regarding our players and fans you just do not understand.
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

CUs loss to St Joes didn't hurt them just like our loss to Temple didn't hurt us to much. Right now the A10 is ahead of the MVC in the RPI. So the A10 is looking really good this season. Maybe even good enough to get to get four or five teams into the NCAA tournament.

Believe it or not Shirley, you are not the only one to hear CUs fans comments. Be that as it may, and no matter how much I dislike CU, I still want them (just like I want every MVC team) to win every ooc game they play. Because that is the best thing for our Shocks SOS and RPI.
            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

There are still about 50 to 100 reserved seats left for the Creighton game on December 31. If you don't have tickets yet, I would get them right NOW while you still can.

I would not count on any GA tickets becoming available for this game.

Comment

Creighton tickets are available for pick up for students tomorrow. I will be getting mine right after my final to make sure I get them. I hope they sell out quick so we have a full, loud student section. New Years Eve is gonna be fun ;)

Comment

I'm going to chalk this up to a student section/overall fanbase and one Jesuit university getting pumped to play one of its peer universities. Secondly, CU's new president is Father Tim Lannon, a CU graduate, former president of Omaha's Creighton Prep, and, until this year, was president at St. Joe's for nearly a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                    Secondly, CU's new president is Father Tim Lannon, a CU graduate, former president of Omaha's Creighton Prep, and, until this year, was president at St. Joe's for nearly a decade.
                    Not to mention the fact that SJU inducted Fr. Lannon into their Hall of Fame at half time of the game....

Comment

Creighton coouldn't handle the national ranking

Understand the hatred for CU and others as well.

But the best thing for WSU and the Valley is to have 3 teams pull away from the rest of the pack. Prior to the conference tournament, ideally the best scenario would be for us to beat CU twice and for CU to go undefeated the rest of their games. Provided, of course, that we only lose one game ourselves. And for NI to lose only 4 conference games

Or any combination whereby we win one more game that CU and two more that NI.
                      Last edited by 60Shock; December 13, 2011, 12:35 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

But the best thing for WSU and the Valley is to have 3 teams pull away from the rest of the pack. Prior to the conference tournament, ideally the best scenario would be for us to beat CU twice and for CU to go undefeated the rest of their games. Provided, of course, that we only lose one game ourselves. And for NI to lose only 4 conference games

Comment

If anyone even gives a damn as to why I posted the above post twice, it is because I thought it was so damn brilliant and well said that I thought it should be repeated. It couldn't of course be because I screwed up.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

I agree. We really need the separation. That is something that the Valley has failed to do the last few years. Three really good teams that separate themselves from everyone else should lead to multiple bids.

This conference can not afford to be a one bid conference again this year. The only real revenue that this conference produces is from the ncaa basketball tournament appearances. Our TV contracts produce almost no revenue (like most other college basketball contracts, the real money is in football).

Comment

At this point, it would take a collapse of the top teams to lead to one bid. We're looking pretty solid right now.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                At this point, it would take a collapse of the top teams to lead to one bid. We're looking pretty solid right now.
                                +1

Not only are we solidly in position to be a two bid league this year, we currently are way closer to being a three bid league than a one bid league. If RPI Forecast is correct, even before Bracket Busters the top three Valley teams are likely to all be top-50 RPI teams with at least 22 wins.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/MVC.html

Side note: for all the good of how things are shaping up this season, the OOC scheduling for most of the Valley is still embarrassing. If you look at the link above, only UNI, WSU, and BU are set to be in the top 100 in OOC SOS. Worse, only ISU-Blue and MSU are in the 100-200 range.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X