X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creighton couldn't handle the national ranking

St. Joseph takes down Creighton 80-71
    " There's a difference between a good team and a great team "

I don't know that CU couldn't handle the pressure. I know they couldn't handle a team with an inside presence that rebounded well and played a physical style against them.

Echenique played 7 minutes in the first half because of foul problems. Artino (Echenique's Fr backup) is - as they say - "not ready for prime time". In the second half Echenique was very soft on D and doesn't elevate much when going for boards.

CU was McDermott, Echenique, Young and then nothing in today's game. WSU is going to present them some difficult matchup problems.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Creighton's been ranked for a few weeks now, and they handled it just fine last week when they earned the league's second best win of the year (at SDSU).

The lost on the road to a good/not great team. Pretty similar to us against Temple. Only ours wasn't on the road.

I hate Creighton as much as anyone once league play begins. However, I don't see the point in celebrating MVC losses during the non-conference portion of the schedule. It only hurts us in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        Creighton's been ranked for a few weeks now, and they handled it just fine last week when they earned the league's second best win of the year (at SDSU).

The lost on the road to a good/not great team. Pretty similar to us against Temple. Only ours wasn't on the road.

I hate Creighton as much as anyone once league play begins. However, I don't see the point in celebrating MVC losses during the non-conference portion of the schedule. It only hurts us in the end.
        +100

Comment

the good thing about the loss is that it provides somehwat of a blueprint for WSU. I was concerned about how we will match up.

Comment

After that second half, we should all be concerned about how we'll match up against CU.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              After that second half, we should all be concerned about how we'll match up against CU.
              I'm more concerned with how Coach Marshall will match up with Coach McDermott.

He did not match up well with Coach Morrill.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

He matched up fine with him last year. He did okay with Stew in the first half. But I understand your concerns.

Comment

Hmmmm.... In the span of a week we beat UNLV, @Tulsa, and Utah State, and our coach can't coach? Seriously?

Comment

I watched Marshall closely, DSB, and he didn't blow a single defensive assignment the second half.

I'm not worried. If the Shocks play the way they can -- and, of course, hit free throws! -- they'll be fine against Creighton here. Omaha will be a tougher challenge, but that's February. First, one step a time -- which is to say, first Chicago State, then Newman, then at Bradley. Only at that point do the Shocks need to start thinking about the CU game.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                      Hmmmm.... In the span of a week we beat UNLV, @Tulsa, and Utah State, and our coach can't coach? Seriously?
                      178 posts, can look up facts, but can't read?

56 second half points. FIFTY-SIX!! Did we do anything to stop it? Did we keep running the same PG pressure getting beat and USU getting to the whole and in many cases getting the And-1 while shooting around 60% most of the second half?

Yeah, our Coach got out-coached by their Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                        Yes, and he forgot to clear the damn bench again, too.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised that some fans were cheering when they showed that CU had lost - it would have been better to have a ranked CU come in on New Years Eve than not

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            I'm kind of surprised that some fans were cheering when they showed that CU had lost - it would have been better to have a ranked CU come in on New Years Eve than not
                            I whole-heartedly agree. Some people are just kinda stupid though. I tend to root for all Valley teams during non-con play. Makes us look better when we beat them :)

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

I think that the Marshall McDermott match up would be very close. Morrill is a little older and he probably has bad knees. He may be an excellent shooter though.

Comment

Working...
                              X