Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Yeah, Etch was laboring up and down the court a few times
    Not making an excuse for JE but as I recall he finished the game Thursday and stayed in longer than he probably should have with some sort of ankle sprain. I think the lingering affects may have been showing through this game as I don’t believe he was elevating as much as normal and not as mobile as usual. Hopefully he can rest it a couple days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I guess the NCAA Tournament is not your expectation. Marshall probably disagrees with you. Sad.
      If you think the result today is going to keep WSU from
      the NCAA tournament then you are paying no attention to college basketball.

Which is sad for someone who posts on this site.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Today’s results push us closer to the NIT. We better win the remaining regular season games to get an at large bid. We needed to beat Cincy at the Roundhouse. That could be the deciding factor.

Comment

• There’s not to many points between us having 3 more wins than losses. That would have put us at 11-3, right at the top. Despite our terrible shooting, crazy crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post

I wish I could like this by 1,000,000
            He blew somesimple concepts on offense after the nice stretch that lead to turnovers. I don’t know if he gets tired or just shuts off for a minute, but there was at least one real head scratcher.

Comment

lol..

I can’t even
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I feel like Mitt is underused at this point. Unlike everyone else he tries to stick to his role 100% of the time. Box-out, help quickly on defense, block the occasional shot, wear the other team’s bigs out, and look to get the ball to a better scorer.

Comment

Today certainly didn't help, but losing to Cincy at Cincy should be a Q1 loss. That's not a real problem, but a Q1 W would have been special.

Tulsa's NET is in the low 80's. If we lose that at home - that would be a problem. Cincy wasn't an elimination game, but losing the game left virtually no margin for error the rest of the season.

I think 3-1 the rest of the season and 1-1 in the conference tourney gets us in, but with a one-and-done seed. I realize upsets happen but an 11 or (gasp) 12 seed and the odds get pretty long, doable, but it takes a fortunate draw with just the right personnel matchups.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                    I feel like Mitt is underused at this point. Unlike everyone else he tries to stick to his role 100% of the time. Box-out, help quickly on defense, block the occasional shot, wear the other team’s bigs out, and look to get the ball to a better scorer.
                    if Coach ain't gonna give him minutes vs Vogt, he's probably not gonna give him minutes

Comment

• College basketball is a fine line between winning and losing. The optimistic viewpoint is we are very close to being on the right side of it in most of the games we are losing.

Comment

• I suspect Marshall sees himself in the boy

Comment

We went to the NIT Final 4 with all freshman and Markus and SHJ. We add a few guards and gain a year of experience. What’s the reasonable expectation the next year? NCAA? A 6-seed? 4-seed? NIT again? A 1-seed?

I'm honestly asking. Because basically 99% of CBB people have us in the dance. For the 8th time in the past nine years.

With a group of freshman and sophomores.

And all I’ve read is constant bitching.

WSU missed a **** ton of wide open shots today. That sucks. It’s a trend. It’s not good. I really don’t think there’s a ton else to say about it.
                          Actually it's two full seasons of being one of the absolutely worst shooting teams in the country. Yeah I'd say that's a trend. I'm not okay with that.

Comment

This is the game. This is is. From Taylor.

Another game of missed opportunities by Wichita State's offense, which had no problem creating good looks against Cincinnati's defense.

I counted 17 wide-open threes taken by WSU and only 5 made. Shooting 29% on open 3s is not gonna cut it against UC's defense.
                            Groundhog Day

Comment

We went to the NIT Final 4 with all freshman and Markus and SHJ. We add a few guards and gain a year of experience. What’s the reasonable expectation the next year? NCAA? A 6-seed? 4-seed? NIT again? A 1-seed?
                              WSU should be NCAA every year. Last year we could look to this year and expect improvement. But I don't see how you can look to next year and see this team being better if anything they are probably about the same type of team. There is no replacement for J.E. and that is going to leave a huge hole. It doesn't look like this team has the shooters to make up that hole.

I'm honestly asking. Because basically 99% of CBB people have us in the dance. For the 8th time in the past nine years.
                              They won't be after this game. With WSU sitting at 10th seed, their margin is slim. WSU needed this game to give them that additional margin. WSU has now moved closer to the bubble.

With a group of freshman and sophomores.
                              The apologist wants to continue to use this excuse.

a. At this point in the season, they are basically Soph/Juniors
                              b. WSU actually is ranked 163rd in minutes continuity from last year, for reference, Houston is 241st, SD St. 248.

WSU missed a **** ton of wide open shots today. That sucks. It’s a trend. It’s not good. I really don’t think there’s a ton else to say about it.
                              Yeah, we know. It is not a trend, it just a fact. This is one of the worst shooting teams in D1 (effective FG% is ranked around 300). The fans complain about their 3pt shooting, but the 2pt shooting is ranked 315th.

If last year was Marshall best coaching job, this year it is his worst. Watching this team is like watching ground hog day.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                If last year was Marshall best coaching job, this year it is his worst. Watching this team is like watching ground hog day.
                                I agree with this 100%. I know he can’t make the shots for the players but he can do more to help them out in crucial times. I have absolutely no idea what the hell our coaching staff was thinking on the play call on the inbounds when we were down 2 with 3.2 seconds left. I would have thought that no coach in the history of college basketball would be stupid enough to run a play design where all four players are on the other side of half court with that much time left on the clock. I’ve only seen plays designed like that with 1.5 seconds or less on the clock. Every single close game we have we see how much we miss having guys like Jans, Forbes and Heiar. The assistant coaches we currently have just aren’t getting it done. I wish we would pony up about $600k and hire Jans to a Jankovic type contract and tell him the job is his when Marshall leaves.

Comment

Working...
                                X