No announcement yet.

Wichita State At Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m going to offer this here and will possibly get rung up for it, but I’m not really big on ripping the kids... I’m sure they read it( wouldn’t we?) and they are young and , I think, trying( every once in a while there appeared to be pouting but I think that seems to be over).... not sure any of us were ever as good as these guys...

Marshall’s another story... he earns the right to be criticized by his check, even though, AGAIN, I’m pretty sure none of us have coached at his level( that didn’t stop me from yelling at the last play!!!

Comment

• Cumberland gets his calls because he can dribble faster than a defender can run backwards or sideways. The moment a defender is either no longer between him and the basket, or a defender is moving to stay between him and the basket, he runs into them. It takes great handles, superior speed, and a desire to run into people to do what he does. Not many players have that combination of speed and skills.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Tough crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          I’m going to offer this here and will possibly get rung up for it, but I’m not really big on ripping the kids... I’m sure they read it( wouldn’t we?) and they are young and , I think, trying( every once in a while there appeared to be pouting but I think that seems to be over).... not sure any of us were ever as good as these guys...

Marshall’s another story... he earns the right to be criticized by his check, even though, AGAIN, I’m pretty sure none of us have coached at his level( that didn’t stop me from yelling at the last play!!!

Hopefully HCGM tells the players to stay away from these forums.

If they do or not....who knows?

Comment

• A player reading fan sites would not be an indication of an intelligent decision.

It would be like, "Wow! I didn't have a real good game, let me go out to a fan site and see how bad the fans ripped me".

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Cumberland gets his calls because he can dribble faster than a defender can run backwards or sideways. The moment a defender is either no longer between him and the basket, or a defender is moving to stay between him and the basket, he runs into them. It takes great handles, superior speed, and a desire to run into people to do what he does. Not many players have that combination of speed and skills.
              He sure as hell ain't worth 22 effing free throws.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                Tough crowd.
                Why? Should we be singing rainbows right now?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Tough crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Reasonable crowd.
                    FIFY
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• there are pass-first PG's. There are shoot first PG's. There neerds to be a category for a dribble-first PG.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoCats View Post
                        Hey Shockers. First, I'd like to say i'm not here to troll. Second, heck of a game. Although we have come out on top (I think) 6 of 7, I'm always nervous playing you guys. Actually, has it been more than a one possession game since you moved? Crazy. You're a heck a program. That being said, I have this weird fetish (so to speak) of finding game threads for my Cats. After reading several Shocks and Cats threads, I'm pretty sure you guys despise us. I think this is the beginning to a new and great rivalry. I think I speak for most Bearcats when I say we look forward to this game. This is the closest thing we have to real competition and rivalry since UofL, WVU (in the good ol' days) and Houston most recently with Kalvin coaching.

That being said, I would love to hear your thoughts on the match up. What do you think about the UC WSU "rivalry" and what you think overall of the games played?
                        We don’t match up with Cumberland so your team has had that advantage for the last 3 years. I think we will regularly beat you after this year but I admit that I don’t know what recruits you have coming in next year. You lose quite a few players after this year don’t you? I like being in the AAC. We are starting to get bigger more skilled guards.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                          Pooh gets in. 2 rebounds, a made basket by the rim (what a novel concept) on a nice assist from Noah, then sits. Thanks for coming.
                          I wish I could like this by 1,000,000
                          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

There is a whole lot of real estate between “singing rainbows” and most of the drivel from you spoiled brats in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              there are pass-first PG's. There are shoot first PG's. There neerds to be a category for a dribble-first PG.
                              3G has several times referred to our PG as a scoring guard. I have yet to see where he got the scoring part from.

Comment

• We went to the NIT Final 4 with all freshman and Markus and SHJ. We add a few guards and gain a year of experience. What’s the reasonable expectation the next year? NCAA? A 6-seed? 4-seed? NIT again? A 1-seed?

I'm honestly asking. Because basically 99% of CBB people have us in the dance. For the 8th time in the past nine years.

With a group of freshman and sophomores.

And all I’ve read is constant bitching.

WSU missed a **** ton of wide open shots today. That sucks. It’s a trend. It’s not good. I really don’t think there’s a ton else to say about it.

If you think they’re gonna play a perfect game, then maybe you need to take a trip to lala land. Cuz they aren’t ever going to.

Comment

Working...
                                X