Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Given this scenario will WSU get an at large birth to the NCAAs or is it NIT again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    and if we win out including the AAC tourney?
    6-seed, perhaps 5

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
      This five game stretch to end the Shocker season is why I am happy the Shockers are playing in the AAC and not the MVC. Five problematic games but I think the Shockers could run the table; if they do then the NCAA tourney seed will be very nice. If the Shockers finish second or by a miracle win the AAC tourney, then the NCAA tourney seed will be an off the chart low single digit (a 5?).
      With our season shooting stats what in the world makes you think we can run the table?

Comment

Win remaining home games. Win at least 1, 2 would be better, on the road. Get to semis of the conference tournament. That should get them in.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

With our season shooting stats what in the world makes you think we can run the table?
          I posted "could" not "can" and I believe the could is possible by returning to the level/type of team play the Shockers demonstrated during their WVU through Uconn stretch.

Five games remain:

Cincinnati - beat the Shockers on a poorly defended final play/shot during the Shockers "funk" - could very easily have been a Shocker victory

Temple - beat the Shockers in over time in a home game that started the Shocker funk - this could/should have been a Shocker victory

SMU - an unknown but IMO the Shockers can win this game if they return to the aforementioned team play they have exhibited

Memphis - Shockers have already beaten Memphis and current Memphis team is a shadow of that Memphis team

Tulsa - beat Shockers in a home game during the "Shocker funk" on a last second shot; Shockers should/could have won by double digits playing aforementioned team play

Shockers are again playing good to excellent defense and as all Shockernetters know defense travels

Comment

It's interesting that last years team won at least two games (that I remember) on last second shots and this year, we have lost two games on last second shots. This years team is probably better than last years team but good fortune isn't always a part of a teams record and there is a fine line between winning and losing. That can be frustrating, and we can wish it to not be so, but it is a fact of life in competitive athletics.

I go back to a trueism, that every road game that is won is a good game and while I hope we get some good fortune on the road and win a game we shouldn't, and not lose another game at home we shouldn't,we probably won't go undefeated from here on out. We are still young, and sometimes we play like that more than others. That is just a fact.

Comment

Beat Sinsinnasty and we know who we are. Lose, and we continue following each game with squinty eyes.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We need to win the last home games and at least 1 game for probable at large bid. Two roads games definitely at large.

Comment

Probably have to win out, which will be unlikely.
                  The Assman

Comment

HOORAY FOR THE NIT!!!
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                      HOORAY FOR THE NIT!!!
                      If it shakes a few entitled Delta Bravo's off the bandwagon, I might get on board with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

If it shakes a few entitled Delta Bravo's off the bandwagon, I might get on board with it.
                        Lol bandwagon. Dumbass....if you only knew....
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Basically, Doc's question was: given the scenario, WSU is 23-8, where do you think we will play in the post season? I think WSU could finish 23-8. But honestly, I don't know where we will be playing. It's up to the selection committee.
                          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

We came, we played down to the wire, and we came very close to winning a road game to a pretty decent team.

It is not the end of the world and if the stars are aligned right, we still have a chance of getting to the NCAA, and if not, we will most likely be in the NIT.

And anyone suggesting, even in jest, that we are going to win out through the Conference title and make a run past one win, if we are lucky enough to do that, are only setting yourself and others up for disappointment.
                            '
                            Those of you who are the Sunshine pumpers are primarily responsible for setting the scene for disappointment to mostly our newer members with your vast over rating of our Sophomores and Freshmen classes, which by the way, is mainly done every recruiting year.

So blame yourselves if you don't like hearing their disappointments You earned it.

Comment

ESPN's Joe Lunardi has us as an 11 seed vs BYU which i'd gladly take. If we win out the next 4 games and win 2 games in the tourney and Houston wins the tourney I can see us get to an 8 or 9 seed. If we win it all in the AAC tourney we can be a 6-7 seed, maybe 5 but that would require us to win out the next 4 games and the tourney. I don't see that happening. Hell I'd be just happy getting in! I don't want to be in the NIT again.
                              Shocker Alumni
                              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Most years I always feel like we can do some damage in the NCAA tourney. This year (along with last year) not so much.

However...you never know. We get out of AAC play and find ourselves in the tourney...perhaps things will flow a little easier and scoring will be less trivial.

GO SHOCKS!
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X