Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Given this scenario will WSU get an at large birth to the NCAAs or is it NIT again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spencer Robinsonto The Shocker Faithful

·

Vegas has WSU at a 56% chance to make the tournament currently. A win on Thursday bumps them up to a 63% chance and a win Sunday would bump them up to a 68% chance. If they win the four remaining regular season games it has them at 78% chance. Currently, they have a 74% chance to get an 11 seed and a 62% chance to get a 10 seed. They have us at a 53% chance of avoiding the play-in games in Dayton as of right now.

Comment

If you could, would you take a Dayton bid right now and move on?

I think I would. Thats how nervous I am.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I'd rather be a #10 or #11 than an #8 or #9.

You know they would put WSU against KU in that slot. That would not be as good an outcome as last time.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

You know they would put WSU against KU in that slot. That would not be as good an outcome as last time.
          Agree. I hate KU with a burning passion but they would smash us. Billy would no doubt run up the score given the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            If you could, would you take a Dayton bid right now and move on?

I think I would. Thats how nervous I am.
            100 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Spencer Robinsonto The Shocker Faithful

·

Vegas has WSU at a 56% chance to make the tournament currently. A win on Thursday bumps them up to a 63% chance and a win Sunday would bump them up to a 68% chance. If they win the four remaining regular season games it has them at 78% chance. Currently, they have a 74% chance to get an 11 seed and a 62% chance to get a 10 seed. They have us at a 53% chance of avoiding the play-in games in Dayton as of right now.
              what does a loss on Thursday do? After each loss, we keep saying we are strongly in. At some point, the next loss will bump our strongly out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Jamie would be in foul trouble before the first TV time-out.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

what does a loss on Thursday do? After each loss, we keep saying we are strongly in. At some point, the next loss will bump our strongly out.
                  A loss Thursday would be the final nail in the coffin...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We aren't going to lose on Thursday.

Comment

We’re perilously close to sounding like UNI fans with the “we’re fine” at large talk.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Thursday concerns me because it was Temple that wrote the playbook on how to beat us. I think we've gotten better since then, but it's not gonna be a cakewalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Thursday concerns me because it was Temple that wrote the playbook on how to beat us. I think we've gotten better since then, but it's not gonna be a cakewalk.
                          If we haven’t adjusted to a not-so-good team beating us by having a different gameplan , a month later at home, then things around here will become extremely bleak.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If we haven’t adjusted to a not-so-good team beating us by having a different gameplan , a month later at home, then things around here will become extremely bleak.
                            You know what they say: "It's always darkest before the dawn, or before it gets really f×××ing dark."
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

i did some looking into stats on bartrvik.com, haslametrics, and hoopmath and noticed the following:

1) while the adjusted defensive efficiency has improved over the season, it has regressed in conference.
                              2) the offensive efficiency has regressed throughout the season, but has accelerated its decline since beginning of conference.
                              3) turnovers have increased slightly in conference. i expected this as the schedule got tougher.
                              4) forced turnovers have regressed almost exponentially.
                              5) three point shooting has been abysmal this year, but has improved slightly in conference.

other trends:

a) the shox perform significantly worse when competing against competent offenses - especially against teams that are proficient on the offensive glass.
                              b) if the shox are superior defensively, they tend to outperform in transition yet tend to struggle overall on offense.

i think its time to further diminish expectations and just enjoy the ride that the remainder of this year brings. while i'm concerned that either the coaching staff hasn't shifted the team to perform to their strengths and minimize weakness or the kids don't listen / follow instruction - this team is what it is.. there is plenty of talent in place and plenty of room for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                We’re perilously close to sounding like UNI fans with the “we’re fine” at large talk.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X