No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would think that the coaching staff realizes that it is a possibility that Tyson doesn't return to WSU. I would venture a guess that they think it's a remote or at least a small possibility, or they would have probably entertained working to fill the final scholarship. Going into a season with only 10 scholarship players isn't an ideal scenario at all because of the possibility of another teammate getting injured, and leaving the team with only 9 scholarship players which can hamper practices as well as game rotations, especially amid games where fouls are called closely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I would think that the coaching staff realizes that it is a possibility that Tyson doesn't return to WSU. I would venture a guess that they think it's a remote or at least a small possibility, or they would have probably entertained working to fill the final scholarship. Going into a season with only 10 scholarship players isn't an ideal scenario at all because of the possibility of another teammate getting injured, and leaving the team with only 9 scholarship players which can hamper practices as well as game rotations, especially amid games where fouls are called closely.
      we have 11 on scholly now, 10 if Tyson goes pro

Comment

• If he isn’t a sure fire first round pick, he won’t go.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

we have 11 on scholly now, 10 if Tyson goes pro
          Actually we have 12 now, 11 if Tyson goes pro.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            If he isn’t a sure fire first round pick, he won’t go.
            This. If he is smart, and I know he is, he realizes that a year of fine tuning your pg skills will do wonders for his stock. Unless of course he has shown that and teams are telling him they will take him in the first round. If that's the case, you probably go.

Comment

• Tyson has a sizable "it" factor to go along with his impressive skill set.

Just my opinion.

100% want the young man to do what it is his best interest. Selfishly, I really hope his best interest is returning to Wichita State.

And if it's not, I will cheer for his success in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Tyson has a sizable "it" factor to go along with his impressive skill set.

Just my opinion.

100% want the young man to do what it is his best interest. Selfishly, I really hope his best interest is returning to Wichita State.

And if it's not, I will cheer for his success in the league.
                I didn't think Landry was ready to go when he did ... he proved me wrong. I wont make the mistake of trying to pre-judge again. He's a smart kid and will get good advice. I'll be cheering him on at WSU or whatever NBA team he lands on.

That said, I do know his grandma really wants him to get his degree.

Comment

• I think if he isn’t a top 15 pick he stays. I think he is a late first at this point.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I think if he isn’t a top 15 pick he stays. I think he is a late first at this point.
                    I'd think if he's a first round pick, he's gone.

Comment

I think if he isn’t a top 15 pick he stays. I think he is a late first at this point.
                      Could you please list a source that currently mentions Tyson as a 1st Round projected pick?

Maybe I missed it. But I did conduct a quick search from a number of sources, including CBS (Several reporters), ESPN, NBC, SI, SB Nation, Yardbarker, and a couple of others, and not one that I saw mentioned Tyson in the first round, nor (in a source or two that listed 35), even in the Top 35. I’m certainly not saying he isn’t highly thought of, and I would guess most teams estimation would place him in the bottom 2nd Round at this time. He may move up before the actual draft, but he’s not close to a Top 15 pick at this point.

Comment

What makes you think he's late first round at this point?

If that is indeed the case, there's no reason to stay in school.
                        Being a first round pick means guaranteed roster spot, guaranteed contract, and a minimum of 1.6M his first season.

If he's a first round lock and returns to school bc he's not a top 15 lock he's getting poor advice (and for some reason I don't expect that's the case).

Comment

If he isn’t a sure fire first round pick, he won’t go.
                          did he say that?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

did he say that?
                            No. shock is phrasing his uninformed opinions as if they're facts. Drama queen stuff

Comment

• If Tyson were to get the same type of draft buzz that Landry got, it would make sense for him to go and I'd wish him well. Given his shorter stature, I think the NBA will want to see more proven pg play out him for him to move into the clearly draftable range, so I think that he will have far more reason to return following his soph. season than Landry did.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

No. shock is phrasing his uninformed opinions as if they're facts. Drama queen stuff
                                Seriously?

Sheesh. I don't know what "it" is, but this fine forum and society in general needs less of whatever it is that made you say that.

shock hardly needs my defense, but he's consistently one of the most informed posters on this site.

Comment

Working...
                                X