Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

No, but that is not unusual.
    LOL! Happens at my house all the time, wife says something while I’m laser focused on the game on TV. We honestly don’t here you.

aAs mentioned above, Travis E. Is an exceptional running back for Clemson the last 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      How annoying was it that the one announcer kept saying Travis Etienne? Once and I could let it slide but it was like 3-4 times.
      they were correct when they noted that "just because you have the green light, doesn't mean you shout take THAT shot"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

they were correct when they noted that "just because you have the green light, doesn't mean you shout take THAT shot"
        I can take a some bad shots from Tyson. He's a volume shooter and once he learns how to attack the rim against bigger players using his intelligence and athletic ability, he will become a very consistent high percentage shooter from 2 point range by attracting his share of fouls. I'm also willing to give Dexter a bad shot every once in a while, because when he heats up, he is so good, and I think he is going to be one of our better offensive players. Council may also deserve more minutes as he improves his game but he does have some defensive deficiencies and times when he doesn't do the fundamentals very well such as blocking out (rebounds).

I heard during the Memphis game critics of AG once or twice that he took a bad shot. He took some bad shots, mainly early in the clock, but he took at least one shot at the end of the clock (last 5 seconds) that wasn't a bad shot even though he pressed his range, because we weren't going to get a better shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          ,,, We are a 50-60 team because they are not patient enough to run plays that create mismatches down low. ...
          You want mismatches down low? The problem with that is that the Shox would be on the wrong end of the mismatch. Wade has a great work ethic, but he's undersized for a PF in th AAC. Neither Poor Bear nor Udeze seem to have much of a vertical leap.

You might want to rewatch some games and see how opponents are playing D. Houston had probably prepared to defend WSU's screening game. IB had seen how Houston defended that and didn't use it in the first half. Sampson made half-time adjustments that cut off the sets that the Shox were running, so the Shox tried using more screening sets and Houston showed us exactly why IB did not want to run the Shox screening sets against Houston.

We're 6-3 on the season with only losses to P5 or ranked teams. We've got two good AAC road wins. And people are second-guessing the coaching. SMH.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Remember that literally everyone gets this year back if they want it.

Comment

• The one person who I would give a green light to in any situation on this team is TE. He has shown the mental capacity to make the decision on his own, not to mention the range he has. I got no problem with any shot he takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Remember that literally everyone gets this year back if they want it.
                Aren't scholarships year by year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You want mismatches down low? The problem with that is that the Shox would be on the wrong end of the mismatch. Wade has a great work ethic, but he's undersized for a PF in th AAC. Neither Poor Bear nor Udeze seem to have much of a vertical leap.

You might want to rewatch some games and see how opponents are playing D. Houston had probably prepared to defend WSU's screening game. IB had seen how Houston defended that and didn't use it in the first half. Sampson made half-time adjustments that cut off the sets that the Shox were running, so the Shox tried using more screening sets and Houston showed us exactly why IB did not want to run the Shox screening sets against Houston.

We're 6-3 on the season with only losses to P5 or ranked teams. We've got two good AAC road wins. And people are second-guessing the coaching. SMH.
                  This is exactly right.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Yes, they are but this season doesnt count against anyone's eligibility. So, if they want to come back and wsu wants them back as well they basically get the year back.

Comment

I think the final indicator is 'scholarships permitting.'

Apparently right now that's not a problem because WSU ain't signed anyone for next year (that I know of).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Apparently right now that's not a problem because WSU ain't signed anyone for next year (that I know of).
                        Theoretically, they may be filled for next year already. Although I think it's more likely that at least 2 will open up. (it could even be 4 although, I doubt that too)

Comment

• If we hire a new coach and he doesn't go get a big man, we should fire him.

Comment

• Any players who would have used up their eligibility this year, but return and play next year, do not have their scholarship count against the limit. If both Wade and Gilbert come back next year, WSU would be allowed 15 scholarship players.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                              There is a reason Goudelock could only get his team to wherever it was that we faced him. This team has to come together, run plays, and wait for the play to develop. This “letting dawgs be dawgs” style is only held together with dollar store duct tape. We are a 50-60 team because they are not patient enough to run plays that create mismatches down low. What we are seeing is the very best that can happen when you roll the ball out and play very very good pick up ball. Tyson is doing what he can, but he has to force AG to run offense by bringing the ball up himself. We are food enough for 3-5 in the AAC, but if we had a system we would be much much better than that.
                              Our shortfall has nothing to do with “dawgs being dawgs” or whatever stupid phrase shockernet wants to adopt when whining about IB.

We have a critical hole in our Roster and it causes problems on both ends of the court. Unfortunately, none of our bigs can play efficiently “one v one” and they don’t pass well enough when double teamed. This is not a recent phenomenon that can be tied to IB. On the other end, the bigs can’t impose themselves on the boards or in the paint. There have been flashes here and there, but nothing we can count on within a game plan.

As far as coaching goes - IB has shown a willingness to adjust and make changes that his predecessors wouldn’t do (especially since Jans left - Jan’s had the ability to steer GGG into strategic changes which is why the combination worked so damn well).

I read some of this year’s commentary on coaching and it completely ignores the fact Penny was getting the better of GGG, that Sampson made it a mission to demoralize GGG teams, and that the Shockers often looked anemic vs. the likes of USF.

The trend line is positive. I am all for getting the best coach available when that time comes, but IB has represented himself quite well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Any players who would have used up their eligibility this year, but return and play next year, do not have their scholarship count against the limit. If both Wade and Gilbert come back next year, WSU would be allowed 15 scholarship players.
                                I believe you are correct. My big question is...isn’t this going to affect incoming freshmen either this year, or next year? At some point, we’ll have to get back to a normal number of scholarships. By extending college athlete’s eligibility, it negatively affects HS athletes at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X