Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Could someone please translate this conversation for me?
    Just a classic example of me running my mouth and upsetting people.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Could someone please translate this conversation for me?
      1st Rounders are often 6th or 7th off the bench is the only unclear portion of the statement.

Comment

• Tyson getting a little love here.

Comment

• Tyson went for the dunk yesterday which he's done successfully before over 6'4 guys. When he attacks a big 6'7 or 6'8 player, he needs to use his jumping skills and try to attack the guy making contact therefore limiting the defender's ability to block the shot, and/or some moves where he hangs and draws a foul (Cheese Johnsonish). He is a great foul shooter and it would help his game.

Comment

• Was disappointed in the loss. That first half of basketball was pretty good, however, and (I hope) indicative of the kind of team the Shocks can be. I mean, they weren't even playing great - just good, and we had a ranked opponent down on their floor at half. A couple of better shot selections (for WSU) during the Houston opening and early run of the 2nd half....make 2 or 3 of them and we may be having a completely different conversation this morning. Houston has an excellent team and they responded last night. Shocks didn't.....live and learn from this. Go Shocks!

Comment

• There is a reason Goudelock could only get his team to wherever it was that we faced him. This team has to come together, run plays, and wait for the play to develop. This “letting dawgs be dawgs” style is only held together with dollar store duct tape. We are a 50-60 team because they are not patient enough to run plays that create mismatches down low. What we are seeing is the very best that can happen when you roll the ball out and play very very good pick up ball. Tyson is doing what he can, but he has to force AG to run offense by bringing the ball up himself. We are food enough for 3-5 in the AAC, but if we had a system we would be much much better than that.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                There is a reason Goudelock could only get his team to wherever it was that we faced him. This team has to come together, run plays, and wait for the play to develop. This “letting dawgs be dawgs” style is only held together with dollar store duct tape. We are a 50-60 team because they are not patient enough to run plays that create mismatches down low. What we are seeing is the very best that can happen when you roll the ball out and play very very good pick up ball. Tyson is doing what he can, but he has to force AG to run offense by bringing the ball up himself. We are food enough for 3-5 in the AAC, but if we had a system we would be much much better than that.
                Bingo.

IB does not wanna go down the Penny road with less stars. Look how far it’s gotten him.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Part of it is the Covid disruption. We have so many new guys, there's no way 3G, or IB now, could've taught them how to run a bunch of complicated sets. At least for this year, we gotta almost roll the ball out there and just let them play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Part of it is the Covid disruption. We have so many new guys, there's no way 3G, or IB now, could've taught them how to run a bunch of complicated sets. At least for this year, we gotta almost roll the ball out there and just let them play.
                    Any set is better than AG dribbling in and poking around. Our bigs are not dominant enough to do what our guards can do. Our guards can create mismatches for themselves. They can leverage guys around. Our bigs can’t. The guards have to run the plays that open up the bigs, and they aren’t, and it’s hanging mo and poor bear out to dry.

HCKS took his team to the locker room and made adjustments. There is very little to adjust when you just let dawgs be dawgs, so every team with a good coach and a system will be able to put it to us in the second.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• How annoying was it that the one announcer kept saying Travis Etienne? Once and I could let it slide but it was like 3-4 times.
                      Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; January 7, 2021, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        How annoying was it that the one announce kept saying Travis Etienne? Once and I could let it slide but it was like 3-4 times.
                        Not another meme...:

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          How annoying was it that the one announcer kept saying Travis Etienne? Once and I could let it slide but it was like 3-4 times.

i said that to my husband. “Why does he keep calling him Travis?”

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

i said that to my husband. “Why does he keep calling him Travis?”
                            Did you get an answer?

Comment

• Clemson running back Travis Etienne maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                                Did you get an answer?

No, but that is not unusual.

Comment

Working...
                                X