Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's the same thing
    Actually it isn't.....We may still be on several brackets, but we definitely will be on the bubble. One thing in our favor is several teams below us had losses as well. Will be interesting to see what bracket matrix shows on the next update.

Team Rankings (certainly not the gospel, but decent track record) currently has us 1st team out.

NCAA bracketology for 2024 from the number crunchers at TeamRankings.com. Our algorithmic models project all 362 NCAA teams and update daily.

Comment

• I don’t want to overreact to our current situation by thinking there is some deep internal conflict within the team. Yes this team is on a 3 game losing streak, but two of the losses came on some last second good fortune by the other team. Losing that way can be draining so perhaps that is part of the reason we got killed today? Either way, I’m not ready to hit the panic button yet. Our schedule lightens up a little for our next 3 games so we need to focus on putting together a winning streak and creating some momentum going into the cincy game on 2/23.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

i don't see how 3G could get canned in the next 5 years, maybe 6 under any circumstances. And that would only happen in 5 or 6 years IF they shut off the automatic 7-year rollover at the end of this season. Do I think that will happen No. But it is probablyto be evaluated annually.
        Weird seeing this type of discussion coming from you. Should we shorten Chris Lamb’s contract after two awful seasons in a row?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Agreed

Comment

• Pretty good post-game quote:
            “Backs against the wall, what are you going to do?” WSU freshman Grant Sherfield said. “Curl up or swing and fight? We have to come on Thursday ready to play. We know what we need to do.”

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Actually it isn't.....We may still be on several brackets, but we definitely will be on the bubble. One thing in our favor is several teams below us had losses as well. Will be interesting to see what bracket matrix shows on the next update.

Team Rankings (certainly not the gospel, but decent track record) currently has us 1st team out.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-to.../bracketology/
              Terminology difference here. To me "Right side of the bubble" means you are on the bubble.. But still in. Wrong side means you aren't in. So my quote was that the majority of the brackets will likely still have us in but it will be a bubble seed

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                Pretty good post-game quote:
                “Backs against the wall, what are you going to do?” WSU freshman Grant Sherfield said. “Curl up or swing and fight? We have to come on Thursday ready to play. We know what we need to do.”

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
                But couldn’t or shouldn’t that have been said 3 weeks ago?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Guess I’ll try watching Landry and the Clippers...
                  Landry and the Clippers “slaughter” Cavaliers... whatever we have must be catching...

Box score for the LA Clippers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA game from February 9, 2020 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post
                    I don’t want to overreact to our current situation by thinking there is some deep internal conflict within the team.
                    Summary from the post game story

A fractured locker room and a disconnect between the players and the coaches staff seem to be the culprits of Wichita State's tailspin following a 15-1 start to the season.

Comment

• I think this slide has something to do with the comment 3G made after the first Houston loss. About something spreading like crab grass or whatever he said

Comment

• Didn't expect that. Looked like we didn't belong on the same court with that team. Guess I better start taking gambling advice from you Fever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                          I think this slide has something to do with the comment 3G made after the first Houston loss. About something spreading like crab grass or whatever he said
                          Heard the same comment; that crap (crab grass) spreads like wildfire... a little ‘Ortho Weed B Gon’ will take care of the problem.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Summary from the post game story

I think that article is a bit misleading. Coach was asked by a reporter if there was a disconnect in the locker room, coach replies by saying “yeah, I guess. I have no idea” then the same reporter writes an article with a headline of “Marshall says there’s a disconnect with WSU players” . I like Taylor but the man had a narrative in his head that he wanted to run with and took coach out of context to make it work.

I have no doubts about there being issues in the locker room, but it’s nothing that winning can’t solve. My best guess is that we didn’t start losing because of conflict in the locker room; we started to have conflict in the locker room because we are losing. Big difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              kelvin sampson gave marshall a noogie.. again. he likes to do that to marshall.
                              More like a Rear Admiral.

Comment

• In My Opinion, the reason WSU is where it is now is because of our talent. WSU has 11 players who are really good Missouri Valley Conference players. We have two players that are good American Conference level players, Etienne and Sheffield. They are both borderline top 100 players. The rest are good for where we are from, but not good enough for the conference we are in now.

I think there is a lot of pressure on Stevenson. He is suffering from Ron Baker comparison syndrome. I think a lot of people thought he was going to be the next Ron Baker. That is a lot of pressure. He isn’t Ron Baker. A player like that may never again be seen at WSU.

Same for Dexter Dennis, even before he played one game he was going to be the next NBA player from WSU. He wasn’t ranked in the top 100 for a reason. That didn’t stop the press and the pressure he was put under.

Good teams start with good talent. They also include good coaching. Marshall didn’t have to coach hard in the MVC. WSU always had more talent than most other teams. Marshall didn’t even have to call time outs and we won.
                                Now, the teams are as talented as ours and the coaching is as well. Marshall is going to have to learn to coach at this level and recruit at this level if he wants to win this conference title. That is my opinion for what it’s worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X