• Show
Clear All

• Kung Wu - LoL!

“Wichita State at Houston Slaughter Thread”

Wichita, we have a problem.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

I'll take all the action on this you want to book.
      That we will still be in the majority of the brackets tomorrow?

Comment

• I’ve now officially seen a true SN meltdown. 3G isn’t going anywhere folks. We’re all upset but come on now...

Comment

• Whoever said HCGM needs to go is a total waste of human skin. Anyway, yes, our recruiting needs to get better but I think there's a ceiling to the type of talent HCGM can bring in. First, we don't have football. Second, Wichita is not a large city that has a social scene so many young people are attracted to, and lastly, I'm thinking it's pretty hard to get kids to come to the smack dab middle of the country. I think recruiting is going to be a lot of hits and misses and sometimes, everything lines up nicely for a nice little run. This team is just a few pieces away from success, perhaps Jadun next year will give us some much needed athleticism.

Comment

• This team can play perfect and still not compete with top tier teams. We don’t have a single guy that scares an American coach. I would kill for any of the following dudes on this roster (Burns, Armstead, Fridge, Gal, Ragland). Someone a defense has to guard to the three point line and can make something happen when the defense gets too close.

Comment

• As bad as today was I'm not ready to give up. Have to get ES' confidence back so start him again with JB and DD.
              Then go bigger inside. AM at center and JE at PF. Chandler first sub and then Wade on the front line. As for GM I can't
              believe some of the things I am reading from some of you. Talk about fair weather fans. I am as disappointed as everyone
              else about today's loss and the team's recent play but I'm 100% behind the coach and the team. No doubt, we need a
              solid comeback this Thursday on the road. The main thing is they have to start playing together as a team and not as
              individuals like we have been lately. Some of you fans seemed to have given up. Don't think the team or GM will.

Comment

• I know he’s a fan favorite, but AM is not cutout for the AAC.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

"Not a good move"

Yeah I remember winning 30 games and getting a 10 seed, real fun times...
                  Turgeon and Marshall took WSU to a very good place in the MVC...a few years before the 10 seed, a Final Four and then an undefeated season. "Discretion is the better part of valor" is my motto, and the American Athletic Conference is just too full of pitfalls for a program located in a mid sized city in the middle of Kansas. Some how Mark Few has maneuvered Gonzaga to a pretty good place despite being in a mid major conference and being located in Spokane WA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                    Whoever said HCGM needs to go is a total waste of human skin. Anyway, yes, our recruiting needs to get better but I think there's a ceiling to the type of talent HCGM can bring in. First, we don't have football. Second, Wichita is not a large city that has a social scene so many young people are attracted to, and lastly, I'm thinking it's pretty hard to get kids to come to the smack dab middle of the country. I think recruiting is going to be a lot of hits and misses and sometimes, everything lines up nicely for a nice little run. This team is just a few pieces away from success, perhaps Jadun next year will give us some much needed athleticism.
                    One thing about Jaden he can score off the dribble. And he can dribble and 6 6 tall.. And the same is true for JB and he is 6 10. Clearly we need more of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      Honest question:

Does Marshall inspire confidence in his players?
                      Probably beats it out of 'em.

Comment

• Drove the whole family from Austin to watch the game what a pathetic showing

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          We were exposed by Temple. They showed how our guards are weak and slow and get rattled with heavy pressure and double teams. They were the first team this year to really attack our guards like that. Ever since then it’s been a struggle. It all starts with not having a real PG. Sorry, but we gotta admit to some recruiting mistakes and cut some guys loose. If you aren’t an effective PG and you can’t shoot or drive as a wing, why are they on the team? There’s about 3-4 guys that I would say are on thin ice, but I doubt 3G would do something that drastic. Hard to justify cutting incoming seniors as well.
                          Wasn't that the game were ES hacked a breakaway from behind, showing 'em up a little, thus firing up the other guys? For like the 3rd game in a row? Remember it well.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 9, 2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thedustin512 View Post
                            Drove the whole family from Austin to watch the game what a pathetic showing
                            Thanks for supporting them. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Thanks for supporting them. Much appreciated.
                              No thanks needed! Will always support them but that was absolutely ridiculous. I've seen the shoxs get beat down by far superior opponents in the past. Houston is good but the guys had zero effort today.

Comment

• I was there as well. One of the least fun sporting events I’ve ever attended. I was at the UConn beat down last year and also at the Uh game when Landry & Co. got throttled in the temporary gym. This game was worse than those 2 by a mile.

Comment

Working...
                                X