Wichita State at Houston Slaughter Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest question:

Does Marshall inspire confidence in his players?
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Wow, just fooking wow.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• He has worked some magic here, but today’s spectacle makes it harder to put up with some of his antics.

Comment

• I knew the game would be bad but never this bad. This season is over and honestly I could deal with no post season.

Comment

• So...do we officially have a problem now?

Comment

• Much more of this type of play and we won't hit 20 wins. Everyone in the league knows how to guard our weaka$$ offense.

Comment

• Has anyone mentioned mid major yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Sure u do. You recruit it, you coach it, you demand it.
                  I don’t care if he has to start Herrs. Effort should NEVER be the issue.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Happy Birthday Dexter Dennis.

sincerely,

The Houston Cougars

Comment

• The box score isn't that bad.......
                      • Only one less offensive rebound than UH
                      • Only two more turnovers
                      • Shot more FT's
                      • UH with only 14 assists on 29 made baskets - weren't exactly cutting WSU up with passing and we just laid down.

Yes, UH out-rebounded WSU but they also had many, many more opportunities.

You can't win games, at any level, shooting 25% from the field and 2% from three.

Those numbers are mind boggilngly bad.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Marshall says his teams historically plays hard, but not this group of guys. He called his team a bunch of “chuck and Duckers”.

Comment

• I typically try to be as optimistic as possible with our teams. But at this point in the season I don’t have anything good to say. I hope this lights a fire under our ass, but I’m not sure it will.

Also, give me the old ES back. The one that has the confidence to take over and be the villain if needed.
                          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Might be time to stop the charter flights to games (and other nice luxuries).

Mid-major effort deserves mid-major treatment.
                            The Assman

Comment

• This is one of the most frustrating of seasons. We had been told by Coach, Dave Kennedy, and just about everyone else that this was going to be a "Special Season". I'm beginning to think that Coach just doesn't know how the players he recruits are going to truly stack up against the teams we face. We don't have the bodies. We have the same offense we've been running for years. It's all so predictable and easy to guard. We are basically running the same offense we ran in the Valley...and THIS isn't the Valley. The guys aren't getting the job done...and neither is coach.

Comment

• Coach admits..."We don't have any guys that can knife through the lane." AZ Shocker still scratching head on why and how is that still soooooo hard to recruit that type of player after 2013 and graduating to a way better conference???
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X