Wichita State at Houston Slaughter Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
    Also, give me the old ES back. The one that has the confidence to take over and be the villain if needed.
    You will have to ask Marshall if he is prepared to let that ES on the court!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Might be time to stop the charter flights to games (and other nice luxuries).

Mid-major effort deserves mid-major treatment.
      Put Coach on a Greyhound!

Comment

• Dog pile boys and girls. Seems some here don’t remember or never experienced the ‘90s and how long it took to escape that place and time. Yes we sucked and have for a stretch now but man, be careful what some of you torch and pitchfork wielding detractors wish for.

Comment

Also, give me the old ES back. The one that has the confidence to take over and be the villain if needed.
          ES can't handle being guarded by athletes. And his mouth "writing checks his game can't cash" fires up competitors. I don't expect him here next year and I'm fine with that.

Comment

I typically try to be as optimistic as possible with our teams. But at this point in the season I don’t have anything good to say. I hope this lights a fire under our ass, but I’m not sure it will.

I'm not sure Erik's teammates have any interest in sharing the ball with him. Just an observation and maybe for good reason considering how he is playing.

And come on Mike and Bob don't name any Players of the Game with an effort like this.

Comment

• Should be an interesting coaches show tomorrow...

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                Marshall did say he wanted to retire early - maybe he has and not told anybody.
                I remember when everyone thought WSU was going to come into American conference and dominate, winning conf. titles yearly because Marshal was the best coach in college BB. Maybe he should have stayed in the Missouri Valley or maybe he got his big payday contract & retired without telling anyone? This team has a lot of talent, I don't know what has happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Coach admits..."We don't have any guys that can knife through the lane." AZ Shocker still scratching head on why and how is that still soooooo hard to recruit that type of player after 2013 and graduating to way better conference???
                  Because it's not taught at the HS level and clearly the staff is not developing talent at the moment.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Will the baseball team finish higher than the basketball team?

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post

ES can't handle being guarded by athletes. And his mouth "writing checks his game can't cash" fires up competitors. I don't expect him here next year and I'm fine with that.

So you are saying ES was not guarded by an athlete during the Shockers first 18 games?

As for your second comment, I pray that you are wrong because ES IMO was the team's backbone during their first 18 games this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                        Should be an interesting coaches show tomorrow...
                        kennedy said he did not know how they will get thru an hour of show with coach. Maybe they will cancel because coach has caught the Wuhan virus?

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
                          Much more of this type of play and we won't hit 20 wins. Everyone in the league knows how to guard our weaka$$ offense.
                          We have an offensive system?
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Didn't see the first Houston game. But its clear to me from watching this game that we lack guys that can score off the dribble. When the other team knows your sets and prevent you from getting those shots, you got to have guys that can go and get a bucket. They dared us to do it And we don't have many guys that can finish. The second chance shots by Houston killed us. How many offensive rebounds did they get? They also hit some shots I can't believe went in and we could not throw it in the ocean. Lack of hustle by the team was disappointing. It doesn't get any easier for the next game. We will see if this team wants to fight.

Comment

• And to think we were 15-1 at one point. Then people get all salty about ES saying he and our beloved Shox need to act with more class and dignity after a tough emotional win on the road and now crap has hit the fan. You wanted a softer Shockers, you got 'em. I hope you all enjoy the new panties they're wearing. Yes, I blame you soft shoe fans for this losing streak we're on. The players and coaches read the board and your whining arses got into their heads. Am I conflating the two? Yeah probably, but it's no coincidence I assure you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                                We are basically running the same offense we ran in the Valley...and THIS isn't the Valley. The guys aren't getting the job done...and neither is coach.
                                This. No excuse for the coach not to improve the offense over the years. He used to rave about Evansville's offense and they only ever had 1 player at a time. He thought the ole miss offense was great earlier this year.
                                Maybe borrow some of that or is it all rocket science?

Comment

Working...
                                X