No announcement yet.

Wichita State (#23) at Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For crying out loud WHO did you think they were going to at the end??????????DENY him the darn ball ! How hard is that for
    a couple of secs ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
      We had tons of open shots, you got to hit a better % than this. Our late game play is really bad and that is on the players. Burton spin move was on him, he’ll just take it strong and draw a foul. Spinning in the lane is crazy
      Totally agree. We had a lot of open shots and I mean a lot of open shots. And they missed them. You can not win a game when you miss so many open shotsl. I dont know why Burton just didnt take the pull up. He had the defender right where he needed him. The spin move cost him. The shocks let one slip away. The loss is on everybody.

Comment

• This wasn't their Super Bowl. THEY were on top of the league comin in

Comment

• Hold a team to 54 points on the road and lose. At this point I wonder if we have a team that has lost its self-confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

I'm starting to get apprehensive about next year...even when this team wins against decent competition it is always ugly... and for some reason beginning to think this will be the case next year.

we really need Bilau to be a positive surprise and we need another big like Nnana, otherwise, we’re a perineal NIT team.

Comment

• A few thoughts:

1.Stevenson's inability to score the basketball has affected this team.
              2. Tulsa is better, but that was a very winnable game.
              3. I thought the refs weren't too bad.
              4. I keep thinking the next game is the one where we will wake up and play really well. Hasn't happened in a few weeks.

Comment

• JE had a great game. Everyone else NOT. Will this team rebound ?

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  For crying out loud WHO did you think they were going to at the end??????????DENY him the darn ball ! How hard is that for
                  a couple of secs ?
                  Totally agree. We did the same thing with Joey Hernandez of VCU in Wichita. Anybody but that kid. Deny him the ball and make somebody else beat you. And then if they make the shot well ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    This wasn't their Super Bowl. THEY were on top of the league comin in
                    Is that why the stands cleared to the court at the end?

When is the last time that happened at CKA? Been years... many years. I mean part of that is we have a fun-killer AD that thinks his fans are to be managed and treated like children, but still.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Im not saying we deserved to win, but joiner played out of his ass and i would wager he doesnt do jack squat the rest of the year.
                      Agreed.

Comment

• I watched the end of the game again. We don't have a PG. Burton can run the offense, but he can't break down a defense. Sherfield can dribble - a lot! Fernandez isn't ready.

When you put the ball in your PG's hands at the end of the game, you would think you could at least get a shot off. A real PG wouldn't lose the ball driving into the lane at the end of the game.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          I watched the end of the game again. We don't have a PG. Burton can run the offense, but he can't break down a defense. Sherfield can dribble - a lot! Fernandez isn't ready.
                          We don't have EXPERIENCED point guards.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• JE the only player with a good game.
                            JB had a better second half but an overall poor game (again with bad passes)
                            Team has looked bad for 3 weeks. Ridiculous that this is going on.
                            Too many unforced errors.
                            Defense the only bright spot (other than JE) tonight.
                            This ship needs to get righted quick.
                            Coach does NOT know how to call game ending plays. This has gone on too long.
                            Just pitiful for a once promising season.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Hold a team to 54 points on the road and lose. At this point I wonder if we have a team that has lost its self-confidence.
                              Yes it wasn't our defense other than the last play letting that kid get the ball. It just look like to me our guys lost some confidence when they started missing so many shots. We certainly did not get many midrange shots in that zone. Other than JE playing his ass off.

Comment

• Got no one to blame but ourselves. Our shooting was down right disgusting. 19% from the 3 point line is embarrassing. Just shoot your season average at the 3 line and we win the game. Oh well, looks like Tulsa is going to take the league assuming they don't suddenly collapse like we have. Being crappy last year has provided them a favorable schedule this year and they should win the league outright.

Comment

Working...
                                X